Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m sure they’ve all had some low paid work at some stage… but in terms of a ‘career’ politics is her first I’d say.
Umm - I doubt you would find too many with low paid working jobs "at some stage". Most in Australia anyway have got involved with politics at university - Student union, Young Libs etc and then been parachuted in as lackeys to the local pollie's office then work way up - done literally no other work.

I had been thinking Biden should weather the storm and keep moving forward, but I think we have reached a tipping point with the amount of voices asking him to step-aside.

A possible strategy to overcome the noise is to promise democratic reform or maybe begin work on amending the constitution to set age limits on members of congress and presidential candidates if he wins another term. It is desperate stuff, but he's running out of time to convince voters.

The Consumer Price Index climbed at a moderate pace in June compared with a year earlier and fell on a monthly basis, welcome news for Federal Reserve officials who are watching for further evidence that they have wrestled rapid inflation under control.

Overall inflation was 3 percent in June on an annual basis, down from 3.3 percent in May, and softer than the 3.1 percent that economists had forecast in a Bloomberg survey.

I had been thinking Biden should weather the storm and keep moving forward, but I think we have reached a tipping point with the amount of voices asking him to step-aside.

A possible strategy to overcome the noise is to promise democratic reform or maybe begin work on amending the constitution to set age limits on members of congress and presidential candidates if he wins another term. It is desperate stuff, but he's running out of time to convince voters.

It’s unreasonable that a man of his age, in his condition, is placed under this level of stress. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if he carked it soon.

Whoever is in his support team, or family, is failing him massively. But that’s selfish politicians for you.

Doesn't matter if its Biden or Harris, Trump/GOP are cooked imo. Dems have been outperforming (and GOP underperforming) every local/state election since Roe v Wade was overturned. It will be the same here.
I mean there's outperforming and there's outperforming - Biden could be double digits down by the election if he stays.

This speech isn't exactly comforting.
He seems to be taking credit for warning people about Russia invading Ukraine but the fact is they still invaded anyway. So Biden just highlighting how ineffectual he is.

This speech isn't exactly comforting.
He seems to be taking credit for warning people about Russia invading Ukraine but the fact is they still invaded anyway. So Biden just highlighting how ineffectual he is.
Yes, because if he said Russia was going to invade, and then Russia didn't invade, I am sure you would credit him with having prevented the invasion (rather than say "See, Russia did not invade, he has no idea what he is talking about").

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4D chess...voting Republican is a vote against Trump for VP?

Yeah, I heard that and just said "Dude!"; surprised none of the reporters have raised that yet.

4D chess...voting Republican is a vote against Trump for VP?

Yeah, I heard that and just said "Dude!"; surprised none of the reporters have raised that yet.

Goes with my theory, Biden has probably said to donors and dem leaders asking him to step down “give me a couple of weeks I will do gooder”, so they have been like “yeah whatever” knowing he will just dig himself a hole he can’t get out of and will have no choice to step down.

As I’ve said you will have a lot going on behind the scenes with Dems getting things organised for a post Joe world.

It's laughable the foreign policy arguments some people are making.

Afghan withdrawal - abject failure
Russia/Ukraine - abject failure.
Israel/Gaza - abject failure.

Okay, it's getting to the point of the ridiculous now, Zelenskyy gets called Putin and he confuses the current VP as Trump!!! I actually think he's trying to get booted off the ticket? It's better for his legacy if he did and goes down fighting. If he stays he will be humiliated by a Trump defeat and his legacy will be severely damaged. This can't possibly last much longer? Even the mad Hollywood types are jumping off the Joe bandwagon. The problem the Dems have is Harris, she would be worse!

I don't see getting names wrong as that big of a deal.

We all do it at some stage. "Nikki Haley, Nikki Haley"

Alas, for Biden, it just confirms people's crystalised position on him; ala, he is old and not there anymore.

Just give it up Joe. Enjoy retirement and give the next-gen a chance.

Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back