4th Ashes Test England v Australia July 19-23 1930hrs @ Old Trafford

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This is true, but would be pretty amazing to drop the captain (i would love it, bit bog call). Equally I guess that would be his sixth consecutive test in a month and a half so might have a point

Can't see him being rested for a 5th test where the series is in the balance no 😂

This is true, but would be pretty amazing to drop the captain (i would love it, bit bog call). Equally I guess that would be his sixth consecutive test in a month and a half so might have a point
It’s resting, not dropped. The Ashes will be retained so perfect time to do it & make Marsh Captain.

English fans can't understand why they can't start playing straight away when it stops raining... or why they have a lunch break after a rain delay... or why there isn't a catch up day scheduled... or why we can't play til 10pm at night.

You might say they're a bit... "stumped" by it all

McKeown DQ'd along with 2 others in the same race for being on her front turning from the backstroke.

Who didn't do that at interschool carnivals
Yep, doing that cost me a podium in the 100m backstroke at a school swimming carnival.

Eddie Ockenden is unfortunate hockey has such a low profile.
Yes, you talk great athletes and you automatically think of the high profile sports.

You don't think hockey, woodchopping or professional European cycling.

Clark's record is amazing, and long-term. He's right up there for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yesterday's Batting made me feel more confident for the 5th test

I have given up on Warner finding form, but hopefully Smith can finish the series in a string fashion
If Green bats well today it will be interesting, I dont think we can go 7 batsmen again
I was thinking the same. Last night's session was super enjoyable to watch, and looked like we'd mentally turned the corner.

Interesting comment on cricinfo - combined Broad, Anderson and Root have won 4 tests in Australia….
Probably had to cheat to do it too.

Surely in this day and age someone has a stream of the ground so us diehard fans can watch the rain fall for the next 5 hours?
Remember when SBS had that "slow tv" thing happening? Like when they showed the journey on The Ghan.

Next episode: "Ashes 2023, Fourth test, day five."

Interesting comment on cricinfo - combined Broad, Anderson and Root have won 4 tests in Australia….
Yep it's correct

Anderson didn't debut until after the 2002-03 series (England winning the 5th Test), played in 3 of the Tests in 06-07, which was the whitewash, then played in all 5 Tests in 2010-11 for 3 wins

Broad only played in the 1st Test (Draw) and 2nd Test (Win) of 2010-11 then missed the last 3 due to a torn stomach muscle

On the other hand Root has 0 wins, 2 draws and 12 defeats (he didn't play the 5th Test of 2013-14)

Remove this Banner Ad

4th Ashes Test England v Australia July 19-23 1930hrs @ Old Trafford

Back