Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4x All-Australian and 2x Best and Fairest (re-commits to Melbourne)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Tracs just not talking and the media is petty meanwhile the club seems happy to throw him under the bus. You only have to listen to the coach barely support him while saying yeah he's contracted he's staying.

Thats what I'm interested in though, there is clearly a huge disconnect between him and the club now otherwise they'd protect him. As I said on Friday surprised even Goody is sucked in by it, I feel like he'd have no mates at the club right now. Even if he is doing us a favour blowing up the club it isn't a good look for him personally. All the leaks giving reasons for his trade request would be coming from his camp.

Thats what I'm interested in though, there is clearly a huge disconnect between him and the club now otherwise they'd protect him. As I said on Friday surprised even Goody is sucked in by it, I feel like he'd have no mates at the club right now. Even if he is doing us a favour blowing up the club it isn't a good look for him personally. All the leaks giving reasons for his trade request would be coming from his camp.
Nah I don't agree, the brand Trac and the crowd bullshit is a leak from the club to trash his name and it's working cause nuffies are jumping all over it.
I bet the clubs frustrated at him because he wants out but we also know they've taken no responsibility internally for anything and think we are a player away from a flag. There's countless examples of this

Nah I don't agree, the brand Trac and the crowd bullshit is a leak from the club to trash his name and it's working cause nuffies are jumping all over it.
I bet the clubs frustrated at him because he wants out but we also know they've taken no responsibility internally for anything and think we are a player away from a flag. There's countless examples of this

Sorry should rephrase I mean all the stuff from McClure, who is clearly getting it from Tracs camp.

Sorry should rephrase I mean all the stuff from McClure, who is clearly getting it from Tracs camp.
Oh yeah I think there's definitely work being put in from Tracs manager and probably some oppo clubs to try and create a large enough divide that we let him go.

Content likely planned months ago and forms part of an obligation he has to continue posting it as part of his partnership with those companies. Very easily done with the press of a button.

Has absolutely no link to his mental wellbeing in the context of the club, his horrific experience, or his feelings towards football in general.

Also has no bearing on if he is ready to talk about the big issues publicly, nor does it mean he owes anyone a public announcement if talks are still occurring with the club.

Yup. These are contractual obligations. Always makes me laugh when people try to draw conclusions based on social media activity

Why would the club leak shade about Trac when they are trying to hold him to his contract and get him back in the fold? Seems counter productive.

Why would the club leak shade about Trac when they are trying to hold him to his contract and get him back in the fold? Seems counter productive.
Pretty obvious, to try and make him look selfish and make the media turn on him and it's working

If the club is leaking shit like this then the situation is beyond repair and I doubt he'd come back even if we held him to the contract.

From a purely pragmatic point of view we should trade him. The club leadership and coaching is ****ed so we won't be contending again while he's in his prime.
He's coming back from a life-threatening injury with PTSD and being forced to play for a club that he no longer loves, no chance he gets back to his best at the Dees.

Best for him to get out of the club and start fresh, best trade value for the club while he's considered a top 5 player, and hopefully the silver lining of the clown cohort Roffey, Pert, Goodwin and Richardson all getting ****ed off from the club.

I wish there was a scenario where he stayed and the others left, but it looks like the rats are digging themselves in so I can't see it happening.

Old mate Purple having a crack:

That’s fair. I mean if he wants a trade to a big club then we can always try and deal with West Coast or Sydney. It’s all about Christian and it’s getting tiresome. ‘Brand Petracca’. It sounds pathetic to be honest. Just kick the footy, FFS.

Exactly. Why would we devalue his trade value either. That makes absolutely no sense. If he goes for peanuts thats when jobs will be on the line. It makes more sense for him to cause damage to get out. We all love the Trac but sometimes your super hero doesn’t turn out to be who you thought they were. For the 50th time I hope I’m wrong but we need him to say something, anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s fair. I mean if he wants a trade to a big club then we can always try and deal with West Coast or Sydney. It’s all about Christian and it’s getting tiresome. ‘Brand Petracca’. It sounds pathetic to be honest. Just kick the footy, FFS.
Where has Petracca ever mentioned 'Brand Petracca'?

And even if that is a concern for Petracca, players are allowed to take a vested interest in their direction or prospects after football. Maybe they don't want to just kick the football, and that's okay.

If the club is leaking shit like this then the situation is beyond repair and I doubt he'd come back even if we held him to the contract.

From a purely pragmatic point of view we should trade him. The club leadership and coaching is ****ed so we won't be contending again while he's in his prime.
He's coming back from a life-threatening injury with PTSD and being forced to play for a club that he no longer loves, no chance he gets back to his best at the Dees.

Best for him to get out of the club and start fresh, best trade value for the club while he's considered a top 5 player, and hopefully the silver lining of the clown cohort Roffey, Pert, Goodwin and Richardson all getting ****ed off from the club.

I wish there was a scenario where he stayed and the others left, but it looks like the rats are digging themselves in so I can't see it happening.
Unsure who has the capital to trade for him. But yeah, I agree.

Where has Petracca ever mentioned 'Brand Petracca'?
It’s the term used to describe him. He hasn’t per se, but it’s at the point where he doesn’t want to be there so just sort the deal out and move on. Like I said, if he wants out he can play for a club with the capital. Won’t be Collingwood. Unsure how Carlton does it because we don’t need McKay. Won’t be Essendon or Richmond.

Eagles
Swans
Geelong

How are people still this stupid
Not everyone gives or values the amount of energy you pump into being a footy head and a keyboard warrior tough dude. People phase in and out of this place because bigger things happen in life.

Once again, people see things differently and surprise surprise, it’s the biggest troll since the one under the bridge chasing goats.

Because the club doesn't want him to leave as hard as that is for you to grasp
No shit.

But what will they do? Continue on the same trajectory? There’s no more finals or premiership contention, ageing stars, broken coaching and admin. Big overhaul there might be a start.

Petracca wants to see his years out with another flag. Our list isn’t doing it, just give him the out now and rebuild.

No shit.

But what will they do? Continue on the same trajectory? There’s no more finals or premiership contention, ageing stars, broken coaching and admin. Big overhaul there might be a start.

Petracca wants to see his years out with another flag. Our list isn’t doing it, just give him the out now and rebuild.
Yeah you don't get to decide where he's traded you muppet 😂 name me one time a club has forced through a trade and made a player go somewhere.

I'll wait

Yeah you don't get to decide where he's traded you muppet 😂 name me one time a club has forced through a trade and made a player go somewhere.

I'll wait
Port Adelaide will be the first this year when they tell Dan Houston hes going to Melbourne for pick 5 and a F1. :padlock:

I'll wait

I'll wait

I'll wait
The club can influence what they get back. Sure, he can go to Carlton, but if they do a deal where McKay comes over then it’s an abject bust. Carlton will be forced to get the pieces we want in order to trade him.

Petracca is contracted. I know the AFL is a Mickey Mouse set up but contracts do have binding legal precedent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4x All-Australian and 2x Best and Fairest (re-commits to Melbourne)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back