Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

If he gets a lifeline I cruelly hope he doesn't make it. Maybe I'm wrong about him (along with many other posters) but he seems like he has perennially coasted for years in a squad where just being fit and available is good enough for regular blocks of games. It actually makes me mad.

This isn't like a Mason Wood situation. Wood had battled some serious injuries and was clearly mentally cooked. His picture was in the wikipedia article for "needing a fresh start". Comparatively, Taylor's picture was there for the article on "need's to unstick their thumb from youknowwhere."

If he gets a lifeline I cruelly hope he doesn't make it. Maybe I'm wrong about him (along with many other posters) but he seems like he has perennially coasted for years in a squad where just being fit and available is good enough for regular blocks of games. It actually makes me mad.

This isn't like a Mason Wood situation. Wood had battled some serious injuries and was clearly mentally cooked. His picture was in the wikipedia article for "needing a fresh start". Comparatively, Taylor's picture was there for the article on "need's to unstick their thumb from youknowwhere."
you’d think players like taylor and stephenson would be embarrassed being the same size from their debut years but apparently not.

Last edited:

Good summary and the nostra thumbs down gives it even more credibility. 😉

Teacher Appreciation School GIF by BuzzFeed

Bailey is a stayer with a turn of foot, think a Caulfield/Melbourne cup horse. Not super quick, but certainly not one paced.
Curtis is an off-season grinding handicapper.
If you can't or won't put on size, your running ability needs to be a weapon. That isn't the case for Curtis, he ain't going to make it as an AFL footballer.

Bailey is a stayer with a turn of foot, think a Caulfield/Melbourne cup horse. Not super quick, but certainly not one paced.
Curtis is an off-season grinding handicapper.
If you can't or won't put on size, your running ability needs to be a weapon. That isn't the case for Curtis, he ain't going to make it as an AFL footballer.
Shhhh dont tel pthe saints that.

you’d think players like taylor and stephenson would be embarrassed being the same size from their debut years but apparently not.
They're not the same size. Well sleevo maybe.

Taylor's arms are probably twice as big as they were when he got here. have a look at how skinny he was when he arrived. He was a twig. He's not huge but he's put on significant size for a twig.

He's now a branch.

They're not the same size. Well sleevo maybe.

Taylor's arms are probably twice as big as they were when he got here. have a look at how skinny he was when he arrived. He was a twig. He's not huge but he's put on significant size for a twig.

He's now a branch.
Yet still got owned by tsatis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CT arrived at the club with a huge bag of tricks. His first 10 games were his best. Not uncommon for young men arriving at Arden St. The joint just sucks the life out of ya.
But let me tell you a story:

I just spent 6 weeks in a Denpasar hospital after developing a grapefruit sized DVD in my right leg. Which is bad enough on its own, but being a natural right footer, you can imagine the panic rifling through the Cloke camp. The nursing staff weren't half bad, but there was one young Kiwi nurse who hummed Dave Dolby's 80's hit, Slice of Heaven, every single time she bathed me. This really started to dig into my skin, so when I heard her approach my room, I'd roll by bed-pan at her feet, Trevor Chappel underarm style. Inevitably, the pan, and/or its contents, would strike her below the knee roll. I would then turn to whoever was in my room, whether it was other nurses, doctors, other patients or their visitors, & appeal DK Lillee style. She soon got it. I haven't spoken to her since I left.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back