Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't very effective as a sub.

Came on and gave away a few quick free kicks against and... I don't really recall any other impact beyond that.

Yeh its starting 22 or nothing.
The missed tackles and lack of defensive effort. Some players thrive being fresh and others dont.
Terrible sub choice and now at risk of losing his spot with Wardlaw, Fisher and Logue to come in.

Yeh its starting 22 or nothing.
The missed tackles and lack of defensive effort. Some players thrive being fresh and others dont.
Terrible sub choice and now at risk of losing his spot with Wardlaw, Fisher and Logue to come in.
it's a weird one. for a guy who is known for his endurance to bring him on in the second half. i liked lazzaro as sub tbf, always a breath of fresh air with him.

Did anybody else see Curtis Taylor going around picking up the empty gatorade bottles after the song was sung. Maybe he has been told he is not getting renewed and is banking on the 10-cent container deposit scheme getting him though!

It was a strange sub move. Stephen’s started the game well, went missing then was getting back into it and then subbed. He looked pretty dejected on the bench.

He probably deserved it, and hadn’t done enough to remove his name from the calculations, and there was that awful contest he didn’t go for but I suspect he might’ve been better than Taylor to run out the match.

I miss Ben Speight.

It was a strange sub move. Stephen’s started the game well, went missing then was getting back into it and then subbed. He looked pretty dejected on the bench.

He probably deserved it, and hadn’t done enough to remove his name from the calculations, and there was that awful contest he didn’t go for but I suspect he might’ve been better than Taylor to run out the match.

I miss Ben Speight.
The sub was part strategic part punitive i think, firstly whilst there is no perfect subs taylor really isnt the impact player who comes into the game and dominates with freshness. He is versatile however being servicable across the ground and can play taller than he is. Stephen's has a tank where he should be running out games but was chosen to be subbed. Possibly neither are in the 22 tgat finally competes when we are ready.

I miss Ben Speight.
Benny Speight .... bloke could football.

Did anybody else see Curtis Taylor going around picking up the empty gatorade bottles after the song was sung. Maybe he has been told he is not getting renewed and is banking on the 10-cent container deposit scheme getting him though!
Maybe he read Legacy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he should be given another year or two. Thought it was bizarre that he was the sub, as he was quite good and a crucial part of the attacking chain for the previous month. Also isn't he known as a good runner? I would want him to be starting 22 next week, at the VERY least in front of Stephens.

But even if not, he is at worst handy depth for another year. I know we are on the up, but we still have some players who would not be picked up by anyone if they were delisted, and Taylor is not one of them. And finally I have heard ad nauseam how poor our development was in his first years, so now that we have a real dev. team I'd want to see what they can make of him.

Can absolutely see him doing a mason wood if delisted. Similar players, similar talent levels, albeit Taylor is more freakish

I think he should be given another year or two. Thought it was bizarre that he was the sub, as he was quite good and a crucial part of the attacking chain for the previous month. Also isn't he known as a good runner? I would want him to be starting 22 next week, at the VERY least in front of Stephens.

But even if not, he is at worst handy depth for another year. I know we are on the up, but we still have some players who would not be picked up by anyone if they were delisted, and Taylor is not one of them. And finally I have heard ad nauseam how poor our development was in his first years, so now that we have a real dev. team I'd want to see what they can make of him.
Give him another year unless there is somebody coming through the door like an Isaac Cumming.
We still need a competitive VFL team for the young draftees to come into and develop with leadership around them.
I would've thought he was gone start of the year and he still might be depending on list spots, so we'll see.

Can absolutely see him doing a mason wood if delisted. Similar players, similar talent levels, albeit Taylor is more freakish
I’d argue Wood more freakish in the sense he had a number of match winning games/moments with us.

Easily

The question is 1 year with trigger for 2 or 2 years straight up

Easily ?
what does Taylor do that Scott doesn't do ?
Find it surprising that you want Scott gone but you defend Taylor.

Scott IMO has shown way way more

I don't mind Taylor by the way, just think he will be a very nervous boy at the end of the year and no guarantee at all that he'll still be on our list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back