Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

I get the feeling the swines will target Harry physically this week, hope we are ready just in case
Might not be this week or this year but it’s certainly coming, I think the response might be something they’re not prepared for either. Line in the sand/battle of Britney
Harry is such a likeable kid, players might take it genuinely to heart.

Might not be this week or this year but it’s certainly coming, I think the response might be something they’re not prepared for either. Line in the sand/battle of Britney
Harry is such a likeable kid, players might take it genuinely to heart.
I'll never forget K-Fed's sacrifice at the Battle of Britney.

View attachment 2045914

Harry Sheezel since the bye: 27.4 / 12.0 / 1.4
:fire:
:fire::fire:
Plenty of time left for him to hit the 20, 10, 1 group before the end of the year yeah?
A Quick look at his ytd averages.
29 / 9.2 / 0.6.

If he stays at his current rate since the bye he’ll go ****in close.

I'm happy with what we salvaged but **** the universe for JHFF actually living up to the hype.
He's a gun and will undoubtedly be one of the best players of his generation

I'd still rather George though. Not only a great footballer in his own right, but all the other intangibles that make him a far better fit at our football club

I'd still rather George though. Not only a great footballer in his own right, but all the other intangibles that make him a far better fit at our football club
Yeh man of course.

But rather than his development stalling or regressing, nah of course the bloke who bails on us ends up comfortably justifying the #1 pick.

Yeh man of course.

But rather than his development stalling or regressing, nah of course the bloke who bails on us ends up comfortably justifying the #1 pick.
Comfortably?

Who would have him in front of Daicos?

Not even convinced he's shaping up to be a better player than Darcy in the longterm tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely.

I may be still salty but I’m still hoping for some karma for mummies boy as he was a prick and played us/ took the easy way out.

Buckley type Karma will do for me though

I'm happy with what we salvaged but **** the universe for JHFF actually living up to the hype.

Let’s see how Judas goes if poort drop down the ladder - easy to do it when the team is going ok

Thankfully we got two of our own in one draft....

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Yeah I'm not sure if it's recency bias but there have been some incredible footballers drafted in the past five years, more guys making massive impacts early in their career than I can recall previously. Serong, Green, Anderson, Warner, Gulden, JHF, Daicos and Sheezel. Reid, Darcy, McKercher and Wardlaw coming through dominating games but haven't played as much footy yet.

Let’s see how Judas goes if poort drop down the ladder - easy to do it when the team is going ok
He's a gun.

Still living up to his name tho.

If he ever deserves to have the No Chase Jase name dropped then he'll be as good as George. Till then he'll be a front runner worthy of Port.

Comfortably?

Who would have him in front of Daicos?

Not even convinced he's shaping up to be a better player than Darcy in the longterm tbh.
Interesting wasn't looking at it from a ranking perspective.

More that if your sunk cost for JHFF was the #1 pick, his form in 2024 would have you comfortable with the price.

He's not someone 3 years in that causes head scratching that #1 would be overpaying.

Interesting wasn't looking at it from a ranking perspective.

More that if your sunk cost for JHFF was the #1 pick, his form in 2024 would have you comfortable with the price.

He's not someone 3 years in that causes head scratching that #1 would be overpaying.
At least we can say that our talent ID was good...

As someone who works with (diagnosed) autistic people on a daily basis, a lot of Harry's interviews make me wonder if he is (undiagnosed) mildly autistic himself. He fits a lot of the symptoms/diagnostic criteria. I recognise a lot of the little things he does in myself and the people I work with. Maybe just confirmation bias on my end, though.

I don't really mean anything by this, fwiw. It's just an observation I and my partner have had repeatedly over the last couple of months, and I think it's interesting.

As someone who works with (diagnosed) autistic people on a daily basis, a lot of Harry's interviews make me wonder if he is (undiagnosed) mildly autistic himself. He fits a lot of the symptoms/diagnostic criteria. I recognise a lot of the little things he does in myself and the people I work with. Maybe just confirmation bias on my end, though.

I don't really mean anything by this, fwiw. It's just an observation I and my partner have had repeatedly over the last couple of months, and I think it's interesting.
He's a 19 year old in the leadership group of an AFL club, who interviews extremely well.

I don't see what you're getting at here. You might be misunderstanding intelligence for autism.

Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back