5 things you want to see from the Crows/Footy this coming off-season?

Remove this Banner Ad

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
1: Port not win the flag
2: Crows to land Alex Neele-Bullen, Luko and Cumming
3: A new logo that we actually like
4: Minor changes to our home guernsey.. get rid of the yellow around the cuffs/neck.. make it all navy
5: Permanent Thursday night fixtures in the AFL for the whole year.

If we're talking realistic changes

1. Mark Ricciuto leaving the board when his term expires in February 2025 and not being appointed to any other role at the club and ceasing any involvement or influence over the club.

2. Significant coaching turnover. If they're not going to sack Nicks (sacking Nicks would be my preference), at least 2 new assistant coaches and major changes to our development program. Coaching needs much more investment.

3. Hamish Ogilvy stepping down after a decade in the role, even if it's after the draft

4. A new logo combined with a definitive on the record plan for premiership success that establishes a new era at the Crows driven to winning the flag.

5. Using pick 4 on a star midfielder who is developed to play in the midfield permanently from round 1 2025, not in a peripheral role or somewhere else on the ground

1. Port down by 50 points at QT this Friday and then losing by 119 to cure my anxiety ASAP
2. Luko, Cumming, ANB in without selling the farm
3. Hot new logo / hot new merch to match
4. Soft draw without Saturday afternoon home slots
5. New line coaches + Balme

1. Port down by 50 points at QT this Friday and then losing by 119 to cure my anxiety ASAP
2. Luko, Cumming, ANB in without selling the farm
3. Hot new logo / hot new merch to match
4. Soft draw without Saturday afternoon home slots
5. New line coaches + Balme
New merch is a must.. and has to be merch you can wear whenever and just not game day. our merch has always sucked. a nice DARK navy needs to be used with minimal red and yellow

1. Roo gone, no 'did an outstanding job under difficult circumstances', he was a key driver for them in the first place. 'Mark Ricciuto's tenure is up, he has left the club'.

2. Adam Kelly gone. Just eff off already you incompetent, arrogant numpty.

3. Port to win the flag as a big wakeup call to AFC board/management, who despite being gifted huge advantages over the poor cousin down the road, in what way do they actually deliver anything better?

4. Recruit all of Cummings, ANB & Lukoscious without using/diluting 4, 25 or future first.

5. Smith to 'retire' and Laird 'decides' to seek a trade to another club.

1. Roo gone, no 'did an outstanding job under difficult circumstances', he was a key driver for them in the first place. 'Mark Ricciuto's tenure is up, he has left the club'.

3. Port to win the flag as a big wakeup call to AFC board/management, who despite being gifted huge advantages over the poor cousin down the road, in what way do they actually deliver anything better?

4. Recruit all of Cummings, ANB & Lukoscious without using/diluting 4, 25 or future first.

You can stick your port win the flag where the sun dont shine

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Pick 4 on a midfielder. 2nd rounder on Dodson. We need a mid who can play round one, and a Ruck.

2. Cumming. Gaining a best 22 player for free catches us up a little. Pretty important.

3. Snag Welsh for next to nothing. Got a feeling he has been reasonably well hidden.

4. A Keays style delisted free agent. We did well with Hinge and Keays, not sure who this years could be. Would even consider rookie selection for Taryn Thomas if allowed to play.

5. Round one 2025 best 23 featuring none of Burgess, Jones, McHenry, Murphy.

1. Pick 4 on a midfielder. 2nd rounder on Dodson. We need a mid who can play round one, and a Ruck.

2. Cumming. Gaining a best 22 player for free catches us up a little. Pretty important.

3. Snag Welsh for next to nothing. Got a feeling he has been reasonably well hidden.

4. A Keays style delisted free agent. We did well with Hinge and Keays, not sure who this years could be. Would even consider rookie selection for Taryn Thomas if allowed to play.

All of those things are very possible..... however Tarryn Thomas should not be allowed to play professional sport again.

We havent necessarily played our midfield/smaller types straight off the bat but I hope that changes.

Draper in particular has played a good number of senior games at SANFL level.

1. Significant coaching group change, including Buckley & Montgomery. Nicks replaces Kelly as Football Manager, with Burns & Godden moved on.

2. Major Board & senior management changes, including Roo out & Balme in.

3. Increase depth of our playing squad with Cumming, ANB & another ruckman.

4. Draft quality midfielder with pick #4, Welsh & someone else by keeping pick #25.

5. Cut deadwood - Burgess, Strachan & Smith... even if it means paying them out.

Here goes, mine are a little different to others that have been posted already.

1. Getting some experience in the coaches box. We have the most amateur assistant coaches in the league, so bringing in someone like Montgomery, Simpson, Basset, Roos, Dew or Rutten is a MUST

Injury free pre-seasons for Pedlar, Milera, Thilthorpe. They all make a big difference to our best team, all must be fit come round 1.

3. Get someone in with experience in the head of coaching/footy role. As reported, Neil Balme is the perfect person for this. Surely once his health is back to near his best we’ll reach out and get him in.

4. Natural progression from our young stars. Soligo, Rankine & Fogarty the main 3, closely followed by Max, Worrell, Murray, Rachele & Dowling the next string.

5. Thilthorpe MUST MUST MUST stay fit and injury free over the pre-season. He is so important to our structure and the way we play. If he continues the form he had in the last 7 games of the season he’ll go on to kick 40-50 goals next season and along with Fogarty’s natural progression, they’ll become a dangerous duo for any defence.

no to 3

and 4 not happening

Port winning the flag would be another nail in the coffin for my love of footy.. 2017 was bad enough, 2020 wooden spoon and the non Keays goal against Sydney last year are just reasons why i am not as passionate as i once was. Port not winning the flag would make for some fun and bring some joy to the season and off season lol

Hard to put 5 things in here.

1. A coaching cleanout. I refuse to believe that our list is the 15th best in this competition, albeit the competition is incredibly even. We have some uninspiring pieces in our coaching panel and as much as I respect Nicks for coming in at a crap time and trying to lift the place, his lack of strategic nous and tactical flexibility could kill what talent we have. If we start next year like we did this, then I want to see a ruthless edge.

2. Beefing up development and scouting. Much has been said about our first rounder drafting particularly from 2015-19 and whilst IMO its improved it needs to be better. Alongside that, with our squad being amongst the youngest around we need to make sure we have the best of the best when it comes to development coaching. Im hearing good things about Hombsch and McPherson but we need more.

3. ANB coming in is a tick, but what we pay is crucial. Getting Isaac Cumming in is also very important. Free hit trade wise, and has the ability to make us instantly better. Dont just talk about being aggressive, actually do it.

4. Draft a midfielder who's ready to go R1 and actually pick them. Draft a young ruck and give him a good amount of first ruck experience in the SANFL

5. Bulldozers in at Thebby please. I'm probably not likely to go there terribly often but its long overdue.

We do not need Tarryn Thomas, if that happens I will 100% cancel my membership.

Remove this Banner Ad

5 things you want to see from the Crows/Footy this coming off-season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back