50 names on recruiters lists

Remove this Banner Ad

macca69 said:
Great work Weaver, always love reading your write-ups :thumbsu:. Was wondering if I could get your thoughts on Lachlan Carey, he looks a likely type and going by your criteria he looks like the sort of player who would impress u. Was very surprised to see him not get picked for Metro, but found out he suffered an injury. Another bloke who I thought could have impressed u was Adam Wilson, IIRC he made the Metro squad but couldn't crack a game. If I could get your thoughts about what u think of these guys and if/where they go I would really appreciate it.

Still haven't heard your opinions on Lachlan Carey and Adam Wilson, would love to hear your thoughts on them.

Weaver, I'm not sure how you can call Djerkurra and C Rioli slow/slowish/lacking in pace? They both run the 100m in about 11s and if there's one thing they're not short of, it's pace. Not sure where you are getting this from?

What are your thoughts on Rhys Prismall hes a good friend of a friend
Do you think hes good enough to get drafted?
If yes wat number if no why not?

sinepari said:
Didn't know where to write this, so I'll put it where I'm reading.

Collard was BOG for South Freo reserves today.

pretty sure you will find that was brad collard not clayton, if that's what you meant

Weaver said:
At 196cm White is not really tall enough to be a tap ruckman and not athletic or talented enough to be a mobile ruckman or key position player.

Chris Smith has shown some good form and clearly has some talent but most of his best stuff has been at full-forward. Don't see much demand for a 184cm FF.

Daniel Dzufer is another tweener. Not really a genuine KP size, and not talented enough to be an onballer. Terrible kick too.

Proud, Pettard, Armitage, Urquhart and Renouf would be the QLD candidates IMO.

Of those only really Proud and Pettard showed any form in the Challenge Cup matches and carried it into the Championships.

cheers :thumbsu:

TeamBlues said:
Weaver, I'm not sure how you can call Djerkurra and C Rioli slow/slowish/lacking in pace? They both run the 100m in about 11s and if there's one thing they're not short of, it's pace. Not sure where you are getting this from?

Didn't say Rioli was slow, just said he wasn't express. By that I mean a 173cm rover has to be Aaron Davey quick to get looked at, and even then may not get drafted (Davey didn't after all).

As for Djerkurra ... well track times are all well and good but it is about using pace on the footy field. Plenty of great speedsters don't bring that to their game. Djerkurra has been very cruisy and one-paced whenever I have seen him play.

macca69 said:
Still haven't heard your opinions on Lachlan Carey and Adam Wilson, would love to hear your thoughts on them.

I don't think Wilson's kicking is good enough, he makes too many mistakes. Huge crowd of roving talent and I don't think he has done enough to move to the front of the queue.

Lachlan Carey might get drafted. I quite like the way he plays but he really hasn't had that game where he takes control and really stamps himself as an elite midfielder.

Could be a weird year at Oakleigh. Carey, Gray, Smith, McKay, Batsanis could all come under consideration and all be overlooked. Each would be on the margins I'd guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant beleive that some of you people out there are having a dig at Robbie Tarrant especailly wen u have hardly seen him. Ive known and played with the guy for virtually my hole life. He has only come to everyones attention in the last 1 and a half years and during that time he has has had 3 major injuries. It takes the best of players time to get back from injuries let alone 3 of them. He has grown up playing most of his junior football in the midfield so its a bit unfair for you guys to have a go at him for playing crap football at CHF. It takes time to get to know how to play that position becuase its one of the most important on the ground. You should give the guy a break. He works just as hard if not harder than any one out there. He has played like 2 games this year because of injury and your giving him crap about them? Just shows how little knowledge you guys have of the game. As for the U16 interleague carnival, mate i was playing with him in that carnival and let me assure no body carved him up so nesko_25 you can just shut the heck up you ****er.

One guy that you guys have failed to talk about in detail is Dane Avery. That kid is an absolute freak. He has been one the biggest parts to a vastly imporved Bendigo side this year. His drive off the backline has been ridulously good and he is the guy that sets up most of the pio's forward thrusts. Plays a bit like Joel Bowden jus a general accross the backline, so attacking yet doesnt let his man kick to many goals on him. He is a little bit of an outside player but that is where he is most suited for the Pio's this year because he sets up so many forward movements. He is a very strong tackler which is mainly becuase of his upperbody strength. He has worked extremly hard to get to where he is doing everything extra which is possible. Any thoughts on him???

If I had a cent for every time some kid gets on here and lets rip because nobody rates someone they play with I could pay off Carlton's debts in just one draft period.

sinepari said:
My thoughts are that you are overly defensive.
I think xfactor makes a couple of decent points in those posts actually.

Robbie Tarrant has played very little footy this year and perhaps his name will get him somewhere like someone earlier suggested, but with it will come added pressure and expectation, not to mention criticism as has been seen already in this thread.

And Avery has virtually been named in the Pioneers best every week this season and xfactor makes some good points there too.

thanks for the support footyman. Yes I do get a bit carried away Sinepari becuase i think its jus very hypocritical when people just bag players who they have never met or been associated with. Thye dont understand that having a last name isnt everything in AFL and you actually have to have some talent to get somewhere because clubs just wont got around wasting draft picks and money. These guys work just as hard as the othe rno bodys who are trying to make the AFl and they shud be given support and encouragment especially when they are going through a difficult time. a bit childish of some of you older blokes to bad them out like that I think. By the way i wasnt asking for your views on what i think but rather on what you guys think of Avery and his chances for the draft?

Also Jono Lee has had a magnificent season for bendigo. At 197cm he isnt exactly premier ruckman hieght yet is still 2nd in the comptetion for hitouts. Was very unlucky not to make Vic Country considering he slaughtered the other two contenders for the position during the TAC Cup and during the practice game. Very fit kid excellent hands, alright skills and great tap ruckman. Your thoughts on him fellas?

xfactor said:
Also Jono Lee has had a magnificent season for bendigo. At 197cm he isnt exactly premier ruckman hieght yet is still 2nd in the comptetion for hitouts. Was very unlucky not to make Vic Country considering he slaughtered the other two contenders for the position during the TAC Cup and during the practice game. Very fit kid excellent hands, alright skills and great tap ruckman. Your thoughts on him fellas?
Richmond have the option on him don't they? It'll be interesting to see if they take it. I noticed during the championships there was an article on him in the Herald Sun where Greg Miller said it was too early to make a call but they wanted to see him improve his mobility.

Remove this Banner Ad

50 names on recruiters lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Back