Welcome to Richmond

Jacob Blight 22 year old(14/12/2001) 196cm, KPD Peel Thunder

Jacob has nominated an initial 6 month contract

1716974449850.png

Jacob Blight (Peel Thunder)
Key Defender | 196cm | 14/12/2001

2024 averages:
18.4 disposals, 11.7 kicks, 8.7 marks

Blight came through the ranks as a Claremont junior but has progressed strongly since moving into Peel’s senior program. In his second full season at the Thunder, the defender earned a state debut and is ranked in the competition’s top echelon for marks. He’s a kick-first type of distributor who reads the play well and intercepts at will, firming as a readymade option who fits the modern day key back mould.

What the Richmond recruiters say about Blight...

"He’s a consistent, competitive player whose strength lies in his defensive and aerial game. He recently had a strong performance in the WAFL v SANFL State Game at Optus Stadium, in which he took seven intercept marks and had 17 disposals. He is a super professional character, who has worked extremely hard to continue to improve and develop, and we are extremely delighted to give him this opportunity."

Last edited:

Is he an upgrade on Miller or Young?

he is bigger than Young.

Can he athletically handle the AFL? only one way to find out.

Look if he makes it is a great pick

I did not rate the KPF from the west, this guy may make it, cross fingers.

I am not convinced Balta is a pure back. Balta is a AFL player, bit of a hydrid that can help back, forward and elsewhere. If Blight can free up Balta, happy days. Balta and others would not need to take the monsters if Blight can make it down back with a bit of size

Last edited:
Played Norf like a fiddle here

secret smell GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blighty is a ripper, strong in the contest, good mark and ready to go. Kicking is as neat as a KPD needs to be. Deserves the chance and I'm sure he's an AFL level player.and you'll love this pick

Freo have a lot of handy big backs. Maybe RFC felt some of these where flying under the radar

One thing I will say is there are not too many good backs in the AFL. Rance was generational, it is hard to get gun backs. So if Blight goes well we have struck gold because they are not easy to come by as some may suggest

Freo have a lot of handy big backs. Maybe RFC felt some of these where flying under the radar
I think he's just really developed well since getting to Peel. Was a pure stopper when he arrived and has grown to be a very good intercept and reader of the play and worked really well with our own KPDs.

He would be playing ahead of Draper in our side if he was on our list

I think he's just really developed well since getting to Peel. Was a pure stopper when he arrived and has grown to be a very good intercept and reader of the play and worked really well with our own KPDs.

He would be playing ahead of Draper in our side if he was on our list

His disposal looks to be pretty good for a guy that size and if he is consistent we coud play a slightly different mix around him as a key back to make our combination possibly stronger than others

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #51 Jacob Blight - Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back