Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
JHF must lock himself in his room for 20 hours a day. The only thing he has in there is his bed and enough to get a good diet in. No TVs, no phones, no books, no nothing! Then the next 4 hours he spends training his guts out.

Anything else in unacceptable!!!!
Completely

I know I’m clutching my pearls

Good Friday, probably the biggest audience he has played in front of, i have full confidence that " cometh the hour, cometh the (young) man "

If he does, I will likely cometh in my pants.

JHF must lock himself in his room for 20 hours a day. The only thing he has in there is his bed and enough to get a good diet in. No TVs, no phones, no books, no nothing! Then the next 4 hours he spends training his guts out.

Anything else in unacceptable!!!!
If he turns up at the next training session without a fully grown, moustachless beard we should delist immediately

Footy was very different in Denis’ day in terms of fitness standards. Not necessarily disagreeing with you but need to be careful when comparing era’s.
Yeah Dusty won all those Norm Smiths in the 90's too eh?..

Shut up you campaigners, just because you have 0 friends because you smell like Doritos brewing in your crusty room doesn’t mean you can take it out on a kid. Just let him live a little.
Turn it up. Getting on the sauce, blind, absolutely toasted during the season, you think thats all good? Remember when Jy got on the sauce and was hit by a motorbike? Could of ended his career or put him out for a lengthy period? Yeh, ****ing smart.

Dusty pulled his head in. When he was getting loose he was nowhere near the player he was in 2017.
Bobs Burgers Straws GIF

Turn it up. Getting on the sauce, blind, absolutely toasted during the season, you think thats all good? Remember when Jy got on the sauce and was hit by a motorbike? Could of ended his career or put him out for a lengthy period? Yeh, ******* smart.
Post game, stayed out of trouble. It’s fine. Midweek or pre game yeah you probably have a point but Jesus H Christ give it a rest.

Genuinely perplexed how anyone can determine exactly how intoxicated he was from that 1 second of video. Shaky mobile footage on a heaving dance floor can make anyone look suss.

Even more perplexed why any of us think its our business what he does in his spare time, given there is no suggestion it impacts his professional performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuinely perplexed how anyone can determine exactly how intoxicated he was from that 1 second of video. Shaky mobile footage on a heaving dance floor can make anyone look suss.

Even more perplexed why any of us think its our business what he does in his spare time, given there is no suggestion it impacts his professional performance.
He could have been on his 7th drink and 3rd pinger of the evening or could have still been nursing his 2nd beer. Given that Damien Barret didn't shoulder charge Gil off the podium yesterday to give us the breaking news I'm going to assume that either way he didn't party too hard.

He could have been on his 7th drink and 3rd pinger of the evening or could have still been nursing his 2nd beer. Given that Damien Barret didn't shoulder charge Gil off the podium yesterday to give us the breaking news I'm going to assume that either way he didn't party too hard.
I can only imagine that its pretty normal to look a bit drowsy a couple hours after you bust your arse for four quarters against the Swans at the SCG.

Yeah Dusty won all those Norm Smiths in the 90's too eh?..
How does that disprove my point? Where am I saying not to go out and have fun?
I politely suggest you hone your reading skills.

My only point was that the more out of hours, drinking sort of stuff one engages in the more they need to make it up on the training track. A club with professional standards and high expectations is a successful one.

What about on Pie Night? Our club had a 2 can limit on under 17s and one can for under 14's but I don't recall any limit on seniors. There was no limit on pies either that I can recall.
Simply unacceptable.

No alcohol at all . Temperance

Not a fan of this. If Noble were smart he'd drop him this week as punishment and to set a good example.

Alcohol slows down recovery time significantly so it's not all about "he didn't do anything stupid so it's fine". If you're 18 and trying to make it in the AFL you have to put everything into it. You only get one chance. There is plenty of time to drink in the off season and the players get a chance to unwind during the bye. Sure, by all means go out and have fun, chill with mates, but if you need to have alcohol to have a good time it's a concern.

As Duckyeah said, Jy learnt the hard way and it nearly cost him is career. Garner went out drinking and punching people and it slowed his recovery. Stephenson started drinking and broke him hip. LMac took years to become the player we expected him to be but that didn't come until he settled down, stopped drinking, and applied himself 100%. Why drink in public and put yourself at risk, especially when there are idiots out there looking to cause trouble and stir shit.

JHF can be good, but he can also be great. When you're 35, retired, and free to do as you please I hope he's not looking back and thinking "jeez...i should have drank water with some electrolytes instead of alcohol"

Those defending him need to have a good hard look it the mirror, I'm sick of the "carey did it" - yeah in the 90s...when they trained 2 days a week and women weren't allowed to play football. Time's have changed. Grow up.

Not a fan of this. If Noble were smart he'd drop him this week as punishment and to set a good example.

Alcohol slows down recovery time significantly so it's not all about "he didn't do anything stupid so it's fine". If you're 18 and trying to make it in the AFL you have to put everything into it. You only get one chance. There is plenty of time to drink in the off season and the players get a chance to unwind during the bye. Sure, by all means go out and have fun, chill with mates, but if you need to have alcohol to have a good time it's a concern.

As Duckyeah said, Jy learnt the hard way and it nearly cost him is career. Garner went out drinking and punching people and it slowed his recovery. Stephenson started drinking and broke him hip. LMac took years to become the player we expected him to be but that didn't come until he settled down, stopped drinking, and applied himself 100%. Why drink in public and put yourself at risk, especially when there are idiots out there looking to cause trouble and stir shit.

JHF can be good, but he can also be great. When you're 35, retired, and free to do as you please I hope he's not looking back and thinking "jeez...i should have drank water with some electrolytes instead of alcohol"

Those defending him need to have a good hard look it the mirror, I'm sick of the "carey did it" - yeah in the 90s...when they trained 2 days a week and women weren't allowed to play football. Time's have changed. Grow up.
Oh bullshit

Moderation is fine. If he is loading up regularly that is a different issue. Every now and then I don’t see a huge problem with it.

Not suggesting he get written off by any means but a few drinks every now and then really isn’t unreasonable. Even Duckyeahs comments that he was loaded are histrionic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back