Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask Cloke how undersized he is? We aren't in the 70's anymore, size does not necessarily = strength.
i imagine your reffering to the game this year where it was noted that cloke was struggling in general against practically every side, look back the year before at cloke in his best form and he took 9 marks 2 goals in 1 game and 5 goals in the other, wouldnt call a win to thompson over cloke, he gives away 15kg of size on cloke and 3cm height and obviously cloke has a low body fat percentage, if you think one out thompson would be just as strong as cloke is than you fail to see common sense

like i said theres freakish exceptions to every rule like players such as scarlett and silvagni who where that tallented they could beat any bigger opponent on that forwards best day, for the rest who are slightly undersized defenders up against bigger in form forwards it generally spells trouble

_proxy

Looks like we have played chicken and might have lost.

Wouldn't suprise me to see Lachie at the Giants through the PSD.

I'm hoping we throw our hat into the ring before it comes to that. We've got more spare change to offer than GWS (+ opportunity for success, if he cares about that) and apparently we're already looking at inferior (IMO) key defender options in Pears and Hooker.

GWS taking Hansen through the PSD would be a dog act when they can take him as an uncontracted player and we can get fair compensation at no cost to them.

Gold Coast will be sniffing too I would think?

Not giving him some extra coin is starting to look like a massive F'UP!

Hansen would have abundant options if he did want to leave the club. Anyone thinking that there would be a lack-of-interest "reality check" is sadly mistaken. Would be a disaster if we lost him for nothing.

Hard to have a strong opinion either way unless you have seen our offer to him.

We need to keep him. Seriously the clubs lack of transparency is a disgrrace. We are paid up members yet we don't even know if brad Scott got out bed today and made an appearance. Wtf are we doing with caddy - we dip in then get pushed aside like a weak kid pushed aside at school by a bully. We are quiet and I don't think it's a good approach - we have clubs chasing our players ( Hansen & Hmac) and we don't say anything. We just sit on our flipping hands and wait. Yes the draft is great but the time has come for us to land someone ad caddy fits the bracket of our group . I'll be pissed if we don't get him because we continually get pushed aside and stand for f*** all.

GEelong want H - well makes a statement as to what is acceptable to ur f***** members

(EDIT: Use the swear filter Joey or cleaning up post after post will become so tiresome that we just delete it entirely. Cheers)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like we have played chicken and might have lost.

Wouldn't suprise me to see Lachie at the Giants through the PSD.

There is almost zero chance of us losing him for nothing.

GWS can sign him as an OOC player giving us compensation and they lose nothing anyway.

If they do plan on denying us any compensation and using the PSD we would then have the option of delisting him in which case he would become an DFA inviting offers from all in sundry.

There is almost zero chance of us losing him for nothing.

GWS can sign him as an OOC player giving us compensation and they lose nothing anyway.

If they do plan on denying us any compensation and using the PSD we would then have the option of delisting him in which case he would become an DFA inviting offers from all in sundry.
I don't think thats how it works. But hopefully you guys keep him i loved seeing your 3 tall attack in action and working its good for the game.

We need to keep him. Seriously the clubs lack of transparency is a disgrrace. We are paid up members yet we don't even know if brad Scott got out bed today and made an appearance. Wtf are we doing with caddy - we dip in then get pushed aside like a weak kid pushed aside at school by a bully. We are quiet and I don't think it's a good approach - we have clubs chasing our players ( Hansen & Hmac) and we don't say anything. We just sit on our flipping hands and wait. Yes the draft is great but the time has come for us to land someone ad caddy fits the bracket of our group . I'll be pissed if we don't get him because we continually get pushed aside and stand for f*** all.
GEelong want H - well makes a statement as to what is acceptable to ur f***** members
Completely disagree, we shouldn't be discussing players publicly, we've made that mistake in the past and it can actually have a negative effect on the players. Do our business quietly and efficiently.
Going to the media just tells everyone what cards you're going to play and disgruntles players when their names are mentioned. Just because we haven't said anything, doesn't mean we aren't doing things.

Yeah and if you read the part down the bottom you don't get compo for delisted free agents and players still have the right to say no as a delisted free agent so delisting him isn't smart

I dont think u understood my original point.

GWS can sign him for nothing as an OOC player which results in us getting compensation.

If there plan is to get him via the PSD we can potentially deny them by making him a DFA.

Thus I see very little incentive for GWS not signing him as an OOC player thus almost zero chance of us receiving no compensation.

Apparently you guys are interested in Angus Graham - will take hansen and you can have him and our 3rd rounder.

I'll just go get the pen.....

I dont think u understood my original point.

GWS can sign him for nothing as an OOC player which results in us getting compensation.

If there plan is to get him via the PSD we can potentially deny them by making him a DFA.

Thus I see very little incentive for GWS not signing him as an OOC player thus almost zero chance of us receiving no compensation.
But if he is a DFA they still get him and you get nothing i don't see a point in doing that and if anything they get him quicker instead of having to wait till the pre season draft. Anyway i'm sure if GWS want him they will just go through OOC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back