Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

You would think so now that we do not have to pay Urquhart, Hale and possibly Hamish and Pedo. That would be over 800k.
Hale and Urq cost us 700k alone.....

Not sure how much of Hales $ we were paying while he was at Hawks thought.... still

1 mil+ should free up....

Harvey took a pay cut too.

But really, Hansen shouldn't hold the club at ransom. How about giving us one ******* great year then demanding the world.
If he holds the club to ransom he can piss off.... i said that about Cloke all year and if it happends in our backyard i will feel the same way....

Harvey took a pay cut too.

But really, Hansen shouldn't hold the club at ransom. How about giving us one ******* great year then demanding the world.

Even Cary could have gotten way more at collingwood or another club.

Yeah mate, totally agree. What happens if he becomes the player we are all hoping he will be? What will he demand then? We better not loose someone next year because of him.

Lachie saga so far.

We offer contract
Lachie + manager says nah we think we are worth more
Manager has a look at the market
We have a look at what would be offered
We make counter offer, presumably in the same ball park as he would get elsewhere

Now at the start of this thread there is a whole lot of people saying how Lachie will stay (some of these people have since taken a bit of a vacation from their senses).

If Lachie is loyal and we are paying around what the market is offering I cannot see him leaving.

Lachie saga so far.

We offer contract
Lachie + manager says nah we think we are worth more
Manager has a look at the market
We have a look at what would be offered
We make counter offer, presumably in the same ball park as he would get elsewhere

Now at the start of this thread there is a whole lot of people saying how Lachie will stay (some of these people have since taken a bit of a vacation from their senses).

If Lachie is loyal and we are paying around what the market is offering I cannot see him leaving.

If he gets his wish and gets paid more than we thought he was worth he will be under pressure to be good early in 2013. The extra he wants should only be given based on performance.

If he gets his wish and gets paid more than we thought he was worth he will be under pressure to be good early in 2013. The extra he wants should only be given based on performance.

The rumors on here have us offering 300k, we paid 300k for SupaGav to run round as a rookie at North Ballarat this year. A contract that he got based purely on potential without showing half of what Lachie has.

I believe (perhaps a bit too blindly) a few things.
1. The majority of our playing group have bought into where we are heading and are inherently loyal.
2. Our FD understand that we have amassed a decent little chunk of talent and in time there will be cap pressure.
3. We were bitten by what happened with Gav, we are now a bit more gun shy of how much we are offering players.

Its not the Lachie isn't able to be replaced, its the idea that we spent 6 years on a bloke who is about to hit his prime, began showing some real aggression at AFL level. I a sold on him getting better, he may never achieve some of the expectations that have been leveled at him but I back his 2013 to be better than his 2012.

I expect Lachie to run out for NMFC next year. I expect a deal will get done and this whole exercise was for him to learn what his value is on the market. From his perspective this is a really smart thing to go given
- the contract appeared low.
- he is a whipping boy, and must know it he would hear the abuse shouted at him over the fence.

I would be disappointed to see him leave because I thought we had the forward mix right with the triple towers, and I am not sold that others (currently on our list) could just walk in and play the role

Hale and Urq cost us 700k alone.....

Not sure how much of Hales $ we were paying while he was at Hawks thought.... still

1 mil+ should free up....

That assumes that those contracts weren't taken into account when trying to lock down guys like Swallow, Bastinac etc

The rumors on here have us offering 300k, we paid 300k for SupaGav to run round as a rookie at North Ballarat this year. A contract that he got based purely on potential without showing half of what Lachie has.

I believe (perhaps a bit too blindly) a few things.
1. The majority of our playing group have bought into where we are heading and are inherently loyal.
2. Our FD understand that we have amassed a decent little chunk of talent and in time there will be cap pressure.
3. We were bitten by what happened with Gav, we are now a bit more gun shy of how much we are offering players.

Its not the Lachie isn't able to be replaced, its the idea that we spent 6 years on a bloke who is about to hit his prime, began showing some real aggression at AFL level. I a sold on him getting better, he may never achieve some of the expectations that have been leveled at him but I back his 2013 to be better than his 2012.

I expect Lachie to run out for NMFC next year. I expect a deal will get done and this whole exercise was for him to learn what his value is on the market. From his perspective this is a really smart thing to go given
- the contract appeared low.
- he is a whipping boy, and must know it he would hear the abuse shouted at him over the fence.

I would be disappointed to see him leave because I thought we had the forward mix right with the triple towers, and I am not sold that others (currently on our list) could just walk in and play the role

Good post. Agree with pretty much all of it.

From the Day 9 Wrap:

LACHIE HANSEN -
A few clubs lurking, but nothing solid has been spoken of. Could go to GWS for nothing as an uncontracted player, but word is that North are trying to offer him the money he wants, which is why Edwards, Pederson and McKinley are on the table.
Love this part.

Aren't Edwards and McKinley out of contract?

Trying to offer him what he wants and attempting to offload 3 players to do so.

In other words our salary cap is stuffed.

Seriously WTF.

Salary cap isn't stuffed, the difference between 95% and 100% is $450k if the cap is $9m. If we lose McIntosh that is probably around another half a million floating around which is still uncertain at this point in time. We had $300k or so floating around that we were going to give Caddy. The blokes that were mentioned were always going to go on the table because we don't utilise them, and probably wont going forwards.

There are probably a lot more that have been on the table for a new home, we need to make the space for new recruits. We might get something better than de-listing some of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be very surprised if we have a full salary cap.
If North are going to give Lachie more, they should front load it so there is plenty of room next year and the year after.

I was scimming through highlights of some of our games this year and there is no doubt Lachy was crucial to our structure. His intensity at the contest and defensive attitude was a huge tick - he had finally learnt what it meant to play with some presence. We cant let him slip now - we have been so loyal to this guy, and i cant believe im now saying how crucial he is to us moving forward. His hands were sublime - his work rate first class, hes only gonna get better as the group continues to develop together.

Apparently GWS & Fremantle are the frontrunners for Lachie's services.
Freo want another big body in forward line along side Pavlich.

I'd love to know what he has been offered. Surely he isn't worth more than 350k a year max.

Hansen did the job and was an upgrade on Edwards. Hansen helped create mismatches that mobility aside made the team better.

20 goals 4 in his 12 games.

Personally I don't get that excited about a key forward averaging 2 scoring shots a match.

Some of you guys must have very low expectations if these type of numbers is what excites you.

Personally I don't get that excited about a key forward averaging 2 scoring shots a match.

Some of you guys must have very low expectations if these type of numbers is what excites you.
When he is part of a functioning key forward group that averages 7 goals a game, I do get excited.

If he can kick 40.8 for a season as a third tall I am excited. If Petrie kicks 60, Tarrant 40 and Hansen 40 then that is a pretty good team effort. He doesn't have the supply directed at him to return more, Petrie will always be the go-to guy.

He is not easily replaced in our forward set up because he has serious endurance capabilities. Yes Majak will be tried in our forward line and Black will be too but both are known to be nowhere near as fit as Hansen so would likely not be able to play his role.

We have options already on our list if Hansen goes but all of them have had previous injuries so do not have the fitness base of Hansen. All of Kennedy, Black and Daw are promising and worth a shot but I would take Hansen any day over unproven potential.

They have to keep him. It is a must.

I dont understand... it's not like Lachie has set the world on fire to demand a higher paying contract. If he thinks he is worth more, he should have put in more of an effort in the past few years to warrant extra $$$$.

I hope he doesn't go.. We have invested heaps in him for little return so far...

Apparently GWS & Fremantle are the frontrunners for Lachie's services.
Freo want another big body in forward line along side Pavlich.

I'd love to know what he has been offered. Surely he isn't worth more than 350k a year max.
Freo want to trade Dylan Roberton & move on Jack Anthony

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back