Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Hansen doesn't have the required intensity to be an A-grader and doesn't put much pressure on.
He's a good mark but he'll never be a great kicker or decision maker.
I just hope we get something for him.
His intensity and goal kicking was vastly improved when he came back to the 1s. Especially his set shots.

Hansen doesn't have the required intensity to be an A-grader and doesn't put much pressure on.

Not so sure. I think he will end up an A-grade player for some period of time, just through being one of the older kpp's out there at some stage. He just won't be a long term a-grader.

No issues with North trading him, but if it is to the GC it would want to be part of a Caddy trade.

The natives are getting restless.

I'm guessing you didn't watch him this year? Not saying he'll become an A-grader but his goal kicking and intensity was great. I'd be extremely pissed off if he took it to another level over the next 2 years whilst at another club, especially after how much development we've put into him.

i imagine your reffering to the game this year where it was noted that cloke was struggling in general against practically every side, look back the year before at cloke in his best form and he took 9 marks 2 goals in 1 game and 5 goals in the other, wouldnt call a win to thompson over cloke, he gives away 15kg of size on cloke and 3cm height and obviously cloke has a low body fat percentage, if you think one out thompson would be just as strong as cloke is than you fail to see common sense

like i said theres freakish exceptions to every rule like players such as scarlett and silvagni who where that tallented they could beat any bigger opponent on that forwards best day, for the rest who are slightly undersized defenders up against bigger in form forwards it generally spells trouble
oh no not 3cm

You mean like the premiership player Leigh Brown?

Our players don't go hard because the bar isn't set high enough to get a game. People get games based on name and based on potential.

You mean like the premiership player Leigh Brown?

Our players don't go hard because the bar isn't set high enough to get a game. People get games based on name and based on potential.
Yeah, thats exactly why Hansen played the first 12 weeks of the year.

I'm guessing you didn't watch him this year? Not saying he'll become an A-grader but his goal kicking and intensity was great. I'd be extremely pissed off if he took it to another level over the next 2 years whilst at another club, especially after how much development we've put into him.
I watched him all year. Sure he improved his kicking, but it can get better.
Sure he showed he had guts, but I still think he's never been a great decision maker right from the start.
Some players just have that ingrained in them.
His intensity and pressure acts can be improved. I wouldn't say they're great, but it did improve this year.
He has to decide what level he wants to get too and how much of a competitor he is.
I don't know if its maturity, but I don't see that competitive streak or drive in him to become elite.

I think you're right. Ross Lyon and Longmire set standards for each player to achieve and if they're not doing that they're out of the side. It's pretty embarrassing when your captain has nearly layed 1/4 of the teams total tackles in a quarter.

Yeah, thats exactly why Hansen played the first 12 weeks of the year.

I think Hansen was out of favour before the season started, which is why he wasn't in the side and why his contract didn't come up for renewal until the last minute and why he was offered peanuts to stay.

He was shoved out of the side to make the McIntosh/Goldstein fantasy work.

We are in the situation with him out of our own doing, from where he is as a footballer to risking losing him for spit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't be arsed reading 20 pages of this. Is he actually going anywhere?

But you can be arsed asking the same question asked in this thread already? :p AFL site has the list of trades as they happen, you can be updated there. Search for North Melbourne or peanuts. We should be somewhere there if it goes through.

I'll sum up the 20 pages for you Charlie..........."Dunno yet!"

There you go.

you cut to the chase too quickly, that was the net result however to give Charlie a taste of this thread the posts are something like;

is he going
I Don't Know
if he goes we'll get screwed
we always get screwed
its DMac's fault
Whats he worth
I am gonna burn things
David Swallow
we are only gonna get pick 68

Can't be arsed reading 20 pages of this. Is he actually going anywhere?

Here is a 20 page summary:

Some are angry at the club for being in this situation
Some are angry at him for asking for more money

Some are angry he is not getting paid more
Some are angry if we may pay him more

Some think he is about to become a very good player
Some think he will never be a very good

Some want him to be traded for something of value
Some want he to be a the club no matter waht next year

One person think we should have won the 2012 flag.
The rest understand we are building nicely.

I think Hansen was out of favour before the season started, which is why he wasn't in the side and why his contract didn't come up for renewal until the last minute and why he was offered peanuts to stay.

He was shoved out of the side to make the McIntosh/Goldstein fantasy work.

We are in the situation with him out of our own doing, from where he is as a footballer to risking losing him for spit.
He was told to go work on his strength and attitude to the contest. It worked.

Your full of shit , I'm Lachie's brother and I can see him through our kitchen window in our pool riding on his pool pony
Who needs the Gold Coast when you've got Wet n Wild in your backyard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back