Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough Tazaa. Reckon only one poster has been 'too harsh' on Lachie in this thread.
Considering Lachys history and how his status has become on this board, like LT well never really get balanced or warranted discussion on Hansen. Not until he becomes the next Carey ;)

Its funny how Dish was treated in 2006 and then we saw what he became. Thats the next step for Hansen. And Dish became the player he was playing forward. Im of the view its Lachies right and all fairness to him to leave him wheres he at.

Guess Im peeved that after 2 mickey mouse games we are going round in circles and when a newbie starts hanging crap also- it just becomes the same old same old really. And a few other noobs usually follow in line.

Considering Lachys history and how his status has become on this board, like LT well never really get balanced or warranted discussion on Hansen. Not until he becomes the next Carey ;)

Its funny how Dish was treated in 2006 and then we saw what he became. Thats the next step for Hansen. And Dish became the player he was playing forward. Im of the view its Lachies right and all fairness to him to leave him wheres he at.

Guess Im peeved that after 2 mickey mouse games we are going round in circles and when a newbie starts hanging crap also- it just becomes the same old same old really. And a few other noobs usually follow in line.

OK Tazaa, no worries. I wasn't around when Drew was hammered (even though I apparently was, according to a few deluded types on here) - but yep, would have happened no doubt due to delayed output.

I dont expect Lachie to be Carey, but I will say he has disappointed so far. Not as a poor player, more that he hasnt got the best from his ability.

As you say, its early in 2013 so criticism is unwarranted, and now being a dad he might switch on (which has been his biggest problem IMO) and become a consistent, quality AFL player. It is a big couple of years for him it must be said to take a step forward.

Are you taking the piss? No way in hell is Thompson a better mark than Hansen.

And here are two DE%, 71.4% and 74.4%, now tell me which one do you think is more skillful.

Not taking the piss one bit, put Thompson on Hansen and see who wins in a marking contest. Lachie is piss weak and would get knocked off it so easily by Thompson. Guaranteed Thompson would beat him.

Not taking the piss one bit, put Thompson on Hansen and see who wins in a marking contest. Lachie is piss weak and would get knocked off it so easily by Thompson. Guaranteed Thompson would beat him.

And WOW... haha, someone made a Lachie Hansen video... What has the world come to?

What ever you reckon champ.

Are you going to answer the DE% question or not?

What ever you reckon champ.

Are you going to answer the DE% question or not?

Yep, Thompson has to kick under a lot more pressure as he is in the backline and always forced to save us with a big clearing kick when under pressure. There you go, simple.

Hansen only gets the soft easy out the back kicks when no one is guarding him pretty much so he has plenty of time to make a decision.

Thanks

Yep, Thompson has to kick under a lot more pressure as he is in the backline and always forced to save us with a big clearing kick when under pressure. There you go, simple.

Hansen only gets the soft easy out the back kicks when no one is guarding him pretty much so he has plenty of time to make a decision.

Thanks

That's funny considering that the percentages weren't Thompson's and Hansen's

Try again, who is the more skillful player?

You can't just read straight from a stat, you have to take into account the situation. ie Thompson a defender that is under a lot more pressure when kicking the ball then Hansen is.. You know that and you're avoiding that fact clearly.

You can't just read straight from a stat, you have to take into account the situation. ie Thompson a defender that is under a lot more pressure when kicking the ball then Hansen is.. You know that and you're avoiding that fact clearly.

1) Numbers constantly roll back as a result of modern football tactics, so Thompson is in fact under less pressure than a forward.

2) Thompson, as a defender, primarily disposes the ball in to the widest tapering section of an AFL football field, which makes successful disposal a much easier problem to overcome.

The only ignorance you are highlighting here is your own.

1) Numbers constantly roll back as a result of modern football tactics, so Thompson is in fact under less pressure than a forward.

2) Thompson, as a defender, primarily disposes the ball in to the widest tapering section of an AFL football field, which makes successful disposal a much easier problem to overcome.

The only ignorance you are highlighting here is your own.

74% Darwin when looking at raw figures.

Agree to disagree Hard_To_Beat, Thompson is under a lot more pressure then when Hansen gets the ball usually...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea what you are talking about... Anyway agree to disagree on Hansen, we've taken this thread over for too long.

Apologies to others!

I am far from with you regarding Hansen......"piss weak" is a bit much Patty amongst other claims.

What I will certainly agree with you about though is in terms of DarwinRoo suggesting who is more "skilled" - IMO Thompson is clearly as you stated and has become a gem for us. Lachie needs to go up a level to get to where ST is in quite a few areas of his game.

I am far from with you regarding Hansen......"piss weak" is a bit much Patty amongst other claims.

What I will certainly agree with you about though is in terms of DarwinRoo suggesting who is more "skilled" - IMO Thompson is clearly as you stated and has become a gem for us. Lachie needs to go up a level to get to where ST is in quite a few areas of his game.

Thomson will never be the overhead mark that Hansen is, and Hansen will never have the ground skills of Thompson.

Hansen has just turned 24 and is entering his prime, Thompson turns 27 in May and is in his prime.

All comparisons start and end there. You may as well compare Todd Goldstein with Jack Ziebell. It's a stupid and pointless comparison.

Thomson will never be the overhead mark that Hansen is, and Hansen will never have the ground skills of Thompson.

Hansen has just turned 24 and is entering his prime, Thompson turns 27 in May and is in his prime.

All comparisons start and end there. You may as well compare Todd Goldstein with Jack Ziebell. It's a stupid and pointless comparison.

Selective responding HTB - what about about my comments in other threads, seems only Hansen is an issue for you? ;)

I agree in saying that. ST has the age advantage and is already in prime. Hansen has yet to his that, but even so to do so he needs to lift.

You might accept mediocre performances, but with regard to Lachie he would "ideally" be better than that. Not just a role player, but a star - he has a long way to go, and I hope he makes it. If not, then the criticism will continue to come his way as per Watts etc whether you like it or not.

I had to spell it out 2 or 3 times and you both still missed the point.

I think Hansen is the eventual heir to FF when Petrie hangs the boots up so moving him out of the forward line is probably counter-productive. The last time we sent Hansen to the back line he didn't set the world on fire as far as I recall, but we were getting murdered by clubs back then, well, more frequently.

We definitely have a problem when a side puts 3 big forwards who can mark up against us.

Remember that our midfield has improved dramatically since then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back