Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Full back.
so along with Lachy, well have Narni, Hunter, Spud and Loose there?

Well get pumped. That combination has been tried and exhausted and failed.

If wright or macmillan are down there we dont need Lachy.

I commend B.Scott on dropping Lachie back and giving Taz and Black some game time up forward.

Hopefully young Black takes that form in to his round 1 North Ballarat match.

I honestly believe having Black as the third tall forward and Hansen in defence (3rd tall/CHB) would be so much better for our structure!

"He was happy to be playing back there. He is more comfortable back there." -Andrew Swallow (something like that)

He also said that they had to play him forward because they needed another tall forward to help Drew out. To me it sounded a bit like if one of the other forwards comes on we might see Lachie spend more time down back.

Runs for cover

"He was happy to be playing back there. He is more comfortable back there." -Andrew Swallow (something like that)

He also said that they had to play him forward because they needed another tall forward to help Drew out. To me it sounded a bit like if one of the other forwards comes on we might see Lachie spend more time down back.

Runs for cover
PERFECT!

Black has been performing well and will only get better but needs to get games into him so he continues to develop. Black is our future FF/CHF so it is very important to play him as soon as possible now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selective responding HTB - what about about my comments in other threads, seems only Hansen is an issue for you? ;)

I agree in saying that. ST has the age advantage and is already in prime. Hansen has yet to his that, but even so to do so he needs to lift.

You might accept mediocre performances, but with regard to Lachie he would "ideally" be better than that. Not just a role player, but a star - he has a long way to go, and I hope he makes it. If not, then the criticism will continue to come his way as per Watts etc whether you like it or not.
Yeah fair call piss weak si a bit much, but he is too easily pushed off the ball and doesn't really attack it IMO. Hard_To_Beat just responds to my comments because he knows i'm not a Hansen fan and he hates that so it pisses him off...

And Black slotted in perfectly at FF.

But of course messing with the triple towers would never work right?

So the last half of the season doesn't convince you that the Triple Towers works but one NAB Cup game against the GC convinces you that we could play with only two talls in the forward line?

So the last half of the season doesn't convince you that the Triple Towers works but one NAB Cup game against the GC convinces you that we could play with only two talls in the forward line?

Offensive, the triple towers were awesome as a unit, but one of the three failed to fire a shot almost every week so I am not sure if we are extracting as much as possible from the three talented guys.

I still rate Hansen as a forward but I think Black is on the cusp of being a very good player, physically he is very similar to Darling, he is also mobile, very good below his knees and a very good kick.

Petrie, Tarrant and Black up forward and Thompson, Hansen and Grima down back would probably make us a stronger side overall if Black steps up and Hansen shines down back. I think with Thompson being our only reliable key defender it puts our back line under a lot of duress when we play a side with three genuine tall forwards.

Offensive, the triple towers were awesome as a unit, but one of the three failed to fire a shot almost every week so I am not sure if we are extracting as much as possible from the three talented guys.

I still rate Hansen as a forward but I think Black is on the cusp of being a very good player, physically he is very similar to Darling, he is also mobile, very good below his knees and a very good kick.

Petrie, Tarrant and Black up forward and Thompson, Hansen and Grima down back would probably make us a stronger side overall if Black steps up and Hansen shines down back. I think with Thompson being our only reliable key defender it puts our back line under a lot of duress when we play a side with three genuine tall forwards.

My god, you really do post some utterly absurd shit.

Darling is a Sherman Tank in comparison to Black and Darling is 20 months younger

265490.jpg

Lachie should play on the biggest opposition forward.

Thompson in the Back Pocket. Grima at CHB.

Spud would be the one to miss out.

Geez mate, not with you on this one. Spud is no superstar, but I think definitely deserves a spot in best 22 and is not ready to be pensioned off just yet. He played some top games in 2012, far more than some of our so called "stars" who whilst are younger, still need to go up a level.

I like Hansen back instead of Delaney (as the latter isnt up to it) but with a full strength back 6 IMO he doesnt fit. Fair enough though, maybe you are making a hard call now on Spud for the growth of the team.

My god, you really do post some utterly absurd shit.

Darling is a Sherman Tank in comparison to Black and Darling is 20 months younger

I can definitely see a similar body shape. Darling is a gun - interested to see how he goes this year amongst kennedy and lecras for a full season though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back