Past #7: Adam Simpson - 306 games for NM (95-09; 5th AT) - NM captain (04-08) - current WCE head coach

who is better boomer or simmo and who would win the brownlow

• boomer

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • simmo

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Take a joke you idiots... Re Nick.Rooboy83 & Arden
If you were there, maybe you would've heard Simmo crack a gag about there not be chicken on the menu!!! Its people like you and Arden that are way to sensitive and should learn to live a little. Or best part with some of your hard earned cash and come to a club function to let your hair down, who knows you may have even laughed a little at Sam K's opening routine story.

Arden and i are idiots are we? If we are idiots what does that make you then?

I guess for someone who thinks there funny yet no one else has actually backed you up on that is funny in it's own way.

Donk!!!

Okay, I think it's time to move on now.

(Note: Not you, Simmo. You're cool where you are, thanks.)

Back on topic please, folks.

Here's a visual cue to assist you with the above.

helicopter.jpg

Yay or Nay?

I fail to see how we would benefit from Simmo retiring at the end of the year. As it is, we struggle for experience. Boomer's still a rookie captain, Drew's proven he's far from the on-field leader we require, and the next logical choice has played 9 games and is having hip surgery tonight.

Simmo will be pivotal, if not for his clearance work and undeniable talent, then at least for his leadership qualities.

We need Simmo in '10.

Simmo booked 2010 back in May. But towards last year when he played injured in round 22 and the final last year he should of done the ryt thing and rested not the captain or honorable thing he did and play. Copped it at the time and he deserved it. Hes copped it in the preseason and with the chicken video too. But i can say his first half of the year has been incredble to say the least. Absolute champion. Rather he sticks around with Swallow and Ziebell and Ross for a bit longer. And as the seasons now over ive noticed Simmo getting less game time less of the ball and kids being played ahead. Smart man is Simmo. Busted his gut when had to. Doing the right things right.

Yes at the moment but depends on his form for the rest of the year.
His last month or so after a tremendous start to the year has been pretty poor by his standards. I can't help but think he has already made the decision in his mind about 2010.

Is a must.

He is there putting in the 1 percenters and showing the young blokes that they shouldn't be dropping their heads or their effort when we're down and out (game and season wise).

A young kid shouldn't be gifted a spot in the starting 22 because an oldie has moved on, they have to earn it. The next gen can be pushed while he is on the bench.

He currently has ~100 disposals more than any other player on the list.

Stats always lie but very hard to argue with the fact he gets the ball at least an extra time every quarter compared to the next best. (Insert generic comment here about how his possessions aren't damaging, 98% are floaters blah blah blah)

He is also one of the few senior players having a good year. Has been down a bit recently but has played some of his best ever footy this season.

If Simmo decides to stand aside that's fine, but I would hope that the club is right behind him & supportive of playing 1 more season.

Yay.

He should stay on.
Apart from Boomer, no one older than Drew Should be kept.
So give the gold watch to Jones, Watt, Rawlings and Harris.
Power and Riggio would round off the other delistings.
Hale may be put up for trade.
Cruize will be promoted and we will go to the draft table and get 5 good kids (fingers crossed).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early on, I was in favour of him playing on for the experience needed on the list. It's either him or Harro kept. But lately it looks like Simmo is struggling. He looked pretty slow on the weekend, but then again they all were early on. He'd need to play well the last 5 or 6 games. And the other question is, if we keep him on, does that slow the maturation of guys like Adams, Harro (if he's still around), Wells, Harvey and Ziebell in the middle?
I think they need to think about giving those guys more responsibility, so its not always up to Simmo. The improvement in Swallow has been a shining light. Greenwood showed that he could play in the middle, he's just starting to get used to the pace. It's going to be a tough call if the club or new coach says that's it, depends if they're looking to the future, but I would think he'd go again.

If Simmo decides to stand aside that's fine, but I would hope that the club is right behind him & supportive of playing 1 more season.

Spot on.

Simmo is a natural leader and we need a few leaders at NMFC at present, his form has been better than just about anyone else in the team - if he is willing to play one more season it's a big plus for the club.

Quite happy to be proven wrong, just doesn't happen very often :D
What are you kidding? Still hanging out that Woodley, Lasscock and Van Der Klooster will make it? As for this one, bit hard to prove you wrong on something as subjective as this. But to say he should retire just because he was around in 1996 is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.

I think you should retire from BF because you were around in 2001 :thumbsdown:

Is a must.

He is there putting in the 1 percenters and showing the young blokes that they shouldn't be dropping their heads or their effort when we're down and out (game and season wise).

A young kid shouldn't be gifted a spot in the starting 22 because an oldie has moved on, they have to earn it. The next gen can be pushed while he is on the bench.

absolutely right....spot on the mark!

Big yay. Even if he just plays part time midfielder, his experience is valuable. In addition to that, he's having one of his best years in recent memory.

i reakon he should go, but stay on as an assistant or part time coach so that we dont lose his experiance and mentoring skills for the younger players.

i would hate to see a guy like simmo get carried or play out his last season injured or 'not with it' has the games record and 2 premierships and isnt leaving the club in an absolute shambles.

a few weeks ago i did a post about the list and had harris as trade or delist but im thinking he (under a new coach) could fill the on field 'simmo roll'. we still need a in and under clearance player to support swallow and firrito and feed the ball out to guys like boomer, wells, anthony, ziebell etc. has great hands and has a great clearance to game time ratio.

maybe under a new coach/new voice he can increase his fitness or leg speed. he is a good goal kicker (on the run/in play) so i have changed my mind on him. have always liked harris but if simmo goes i think he is still a key player.

question for you guys, and not a troll at all

robert harvey and scott west both retired after seemingly still playing well (west was injured, but you know what i mean) and both of those midfields have stepped up a notch, could a similar thing happen with north, or are the lists at different stages?

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #7: Adam Simpson - 306 games for NM (95-09; 5th AT) - NM captain (04-08) - current WCE head coach

Back