Past #7: Adam Simpson - 306 games for NM (95-09; 5th AT) - NM captain (04-08) - current WCE head coach

who is better boomer or simmo and who would win the brownlow

• boomer

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • simmo

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Simpson has just announced his retirement as a player after the game on Friday night.

I'd like to thank a true gentleman, champion and leader for the wonderful memories he has given me over the years and wish him all the best for his future.

yep a top player for us Roos now he's got plenty of time to can help out his boy with his contested marking, but get the neighbor to help with his kicking skills.

well done on a great career- true champ of the North Melbourne FC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Up there with Arch as blokes who bleed royal blue and white.

Dead-set absolutely no excuses to not get a massive turnout from our members this week.

Love ya Simmo.

Thanks Simmo.
It's been good to see you grow from a skinny pale skinned kid into a skinny pale skinned leader of the club. :D

Good luck for the future!

PS If you get a chance to become Senior Coach of another club - take the opportunity with both hands. You will always be a North Melbourne legend regardless of where you end up coaching.

Well done Simmo.. a great survivor of the game.. reads the play well and very courageous. Thanx for digging deep and too bad not many 'appreciated your wicked sense of humour'..

Lasting memory: Backing without fear to take a overhead mark only to be severly crunched on the HB flank at the Dome.. I recall Simmo needed trainers to help him off the field but that just underlined the character and spirit that got you as far as you did. :thumbsu:

Some people will find this thread strange, but I don't mean it as a joke at all. As we start to cool down from the Buckley chase, all the things that we believe would make Bucks a good coach without doing an aprenticesip are probably the same things that Simmon posesses in spades, except for the media profile.

In fact Simmon has some advantages on Bucks such as being in the system more recently and knowing the list iside out.

Would it be totally outrageous to ask Simmo to apply for the senior coaching position if we start to get a list of people together by the end of this week?

Things against him, besides the lack of experience, would be a close relationship with many players on our list and a relatively low media profie. But if we do embark on a Richmond style process after all, we could at leat give him an interview - you never know how he stacks up against the "assistants" out there...

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #7: Adam Simpson - 306 games for NM (95-09; 5th AT) - NM captain (04-08) - current WCE head coach

Back