Past #7: Adam Simpson - 306 games for NM (95-09; 5th AT) - NM captain (04-08) - current WCE head coach

who is better boomer or simmo and who would win the brownlow

• boomer

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • simmo

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

As he said in his press conference, he has barely had a chance to see the game from the stands.

No doubt one day he will be a very good coach and I hope it is with us but in the meantime it would do him no harm to take an assistant role with us or better still another club where he can experience a different way of doing things.

Buckley has at least had the opportunity to step away from the game and view it from a different persective.

It was obviously a tongue and cheek thread. I am just trying to convince myself that Buckley isn't such big miss for us...

Im trying to convince myself of the same thing....and am falling a little short........Buckley will be a huge loss if we miss out..........we need some good news..........havent had any for a while

The thing is, Nathan Buckley met with North Melbourne 4 times in the past month. The fact that he kept on coming back shows great signs. I feel we may still get our man.

On the other hand, I would love Sanderson, J Rawlings and Simmo as assistant coaches. Maybe another one on top of that.

Out of that list, I would even take Rawlings as a senior coach. Gee he impresses me.

Well done simmo a true legend. Good luck to you and your family for the future and hope there are many great things for you to come. You were the most underrated player ever but all north fans know just how good you were on the field and off it as a leader you will forever be on of the greats of not only the north melbourne footy club but footy in general. Congrats simmo!

Come on rooboys if theres only one win left in us make sure its this friday cause simmo deserves to go out on a high.

Well done and thanks, Simmo.

You will rightly look back with pride in your outstanding achievements. Two premierships, AA, regular high B&F finishes (undoubtedly including 2009), over 300 games - your career is among the elite in the history of the competition.

Listen to Simmo today. He says he feels like an 18 year old rookie going into coaching - hopes he'll get drafted by someone and wants to then keep learning and going on from there. Some club is going to get an outstanding assistant coach next year.

I'd really like fresh faces and guys who can be objective. Bt if we're going to have a Shinboner in the coaching team, he'd be my pick over several others.

goodonya Simo, a troo legend of the club. Missing only 7 games in over 300 is amazing. Since coming over from the Roys, you have been 1 of my favourites (except for your kicking), right up there with Stevo. Best wishes for the future, hope you stick around to mentor our younger players, what a great role model you will be.

Great career Simmo !

Premierships , B & F 's and a Captain of the Mighty Roos .

Pure class off the field with guts and determination on the field .

It's always sad to see our great players retire , and whilst i reckon he should of stayed out the year , Simmo knows best and gives it away on his own terms .

Good luck for the future Simmo .

Sad to see his playing career coming to an end.

But it won't be the last time Simmo will be part of something special at our club.

Unlike Collingwood we will encourage our champions to go outside the club and gain valuable experience and then return;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you Adam Simpson on a truly great career, You have been a great servent for the North Melbourne Football club, hope you return as an Assistant coaching role next year, best of luck in what ever you chose to do.

Cheers, Simmo.

One of my all time favourites, will be hugely missed and hopefully Friday night ends in a win.

Congrats to Adam for a brilliant career. Hoping we sign him up soon in some sort of assistant coach/player development role.

As well as all the stats, I'm trying to think of his most brilliant moments & games. Would have to go through the VCR tapes for the older stuff, but from recent years I reckon his game against Geelong at Kardinia Park early 2007 was one of his very best. Had something around 40 touches, dominated the clearances, and was the reason we won that game.

Thanks Simmo, absolute champ of the footy club and will no doubt be a success in the coaching game.

Still remember the late goal against the Swans in the 96 grannie, I love that he has gone out when still at the top of his game (well certainly still in our best most weeks)

Well done Simmo and thank you for your service to this great club.You always gave your all and we could never ask for more.2 premierships and lots of good times you can go out with your head held high.Champion blok and good luck for the future champ.They should give the number to Anthony next year.

But we could have used him next year. Bit worried that we wont have enough old heads next season, if we delist Harris and Jones.

I'd say it would be unlikely now that Harris would be delisted.

Jones has another year on his contract so he ain't going no where unless he gets traded.

Simmo's been a fantastic, strong, tough, courageous yet scrupulously fair player. A one-on-one contested footy winner.

He's been a credit to himself for his entire career and no doubt he'll take the same characteristics into his coaching for sure.

And I'll miss the helicopters into the forward line too.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #7: Adam Simpson - 306 games for NM (95-09; 5th AT) - NM captain (04-08) - current WCE head coach

Back