Player Watch #7 Harry Cunningham

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry.jpg

Harry Cunningham

Player Profile

Harry Cunningham is one of the quickest players at the Sydney Swans, is clean by hand and foot and can play in defence, on a wing and in the forward line. The 2012 draftee was in blistering form over the opening seven rounds of the 2019 campaign, before injury limited him to just two games over the remainder of the season, so expect him to be hungry for a comeback 2020 year. Draft history: 2012 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 93; 2012 AFL Draft rookie elevation (Sydney) selection No. 107

Harry Cunningham

DOB: 06 December 1993
DEBUT: 2012
DRAFT: 2012
RECRUITED FROM: Turvey Park (NSW)/NSW-ACT U18/Wagga (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:
He reminds me of Nick Smith. Just quietly gets the job done each week. The sort of player opposition supporters would ask "Who?" but every Swans fan knows he is extremely vital to the structure of the team.

SWANS MAKE FREE AGENT OFFER​

SYDNEY free agent Harry Cunningham has a two-year offer to stay at the Swans as the club marches into a preliminary final.

Cunningham is an unrestricted free agent and played his 200th game for the club earlier this year and the extension would take him through to the end of 2026, with the reliable Swan keen to stay.

The 30-year-old has played 21 games this season, and 45 of the Swans' past 48 games since the start of 2023.

Sydney successfully secured the signatures of its five priority re-signings this season – Errol Gulden, Will Hayward, Ollie Florent, Logan McDonald and James Rowbottom – with Cunningham among a small group of Swans who remain unsigned for next season.

The defender had 15 disposals and seven tackles in the Swans' come-from-behind win over Greater Western Sydney in last week's qualifying final. – Callum Twomey
Doesn't look even close to cooked. As good as ever and one of the best small defenders in the game. Please sign Harry!

SWANS MAKE FREE AGENT OFFER​

SYDNEY free agent Harry Cunningham has a two-year offer to stay at the Swans as the club marches into a preliminary final.

Cunningham is an unrestricted free agent and played his 200th game for the club earlier this year and the extension would take him through to the end of 2026, with the reliable Swan keen to stay.

The 30-year-old has played 21 games this season, and 45 of the Swans' past 48 games since the start of 2023.

Sydney successfully secured the signatures of its five priority re-signings this season – Errol Gulden, Will Hayward, Ollie Florent, Logan McDonald and James Rowbottom – with Cunningham among a small group of Swans who remain unsigned for next season.

The defender had 15 disposals and seven tackles in the Swans' come-from-behind win over Greater Western Sydney in last week's qualifying final. – Callum Twomey
I think that's a good show of faith by the club, definitely deserves the two years.

His last two years have been great. He really has become the new nick smith.

He had that quiet patch after his injury. Which I think he was still carrying a niggle or some limitations, because he was playing at his current levels just prior to that. So outside of that injury period, where his performances dropped off a little, he has been a solid part of our team for a good 4-5 years after taking a while to find his feet and lock down a position.

Great player and no doubt he'll re-sign.

I want this 2024 flag just as just much for Harry Cunningham, as I do for for Luke Parker and Dane Rampe

This. They go back to their fancy beach homes in Sydney after the season ends, I need it more than they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping they ask me to present the cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7 Harry Cunningham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back