AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - 5 time Crichton Medallist! ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…

Remove this Banner Ad

Where was the support for Merrett today? He got absolutely blanketed by a hard Perryman tag and not once did anyone block for him or do anything to give him a chop out. We are genuinely crying out for some selfless mids cause the likes of Stringer and Parish would have to be two of the more selfish front runners going around in the leagueโ€ฆ

Where was the support for Merrett today? He got absolutely blanketed by a hard Perryman tag and not once did anyone block for him or do anything to give him a chop out. We are genuinely crying out for some selfless mids cause the likes of Stringer and Parish would have to be two of the more selfish front runners going around in the leagueโ€ฆ
He needs to learn to work through a tag. Happens too much to Merrett. Agree, he lacks support sometimes but he needs to get tougher.

Parish was ok but yeah, Stringer seems way off the pace and has been selfish lately.

Looks like a superstar when teams let him do whatever he wants but he cracks the sads when teams actively try to stop him and his workrate and pressure drops right off. 1 tackle is absolutely pathetic. People will try to pass blame off on others but this is on him,
The lesson for him is simple. If someone is going to tag you then just load up on the defensive things. It was a very average effort and this is the bloke who will be our next captain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappeared yesterday.
After looking at the vision Lore posted I am not totally surprised. Opposition sides do bash him a lot and no one responds.

After looking at the vision Lore posted I am not totally surprised. Opposition sides do bash him a lot and no one responds.
It's hard to see how our culture can be anything other than utterly limp wristed if stuff like that is going on without drawing a response. We gotta fix that before we go anywhere

I don't blame him for being invisible after getting hit like that by Preuss in the first quarter.
He could very well have been fighting off concussion. The week before he was absolutely immense, and has been most of the season.
I just wish when our players are hit like that, that other players would come over and fight for their teammate, what ever happened to that?
Watch the Essendon premiership from 2000. Lloyd himself says he only has 3-4 people he considers really good mates at the club, but he would still go in and have a crack at anybody who would hit one of his teammates like Merrett was hit. Look at GWS, how they fought for each other on the weekend. Look at how Collingwood are fighting for each other at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - 5 time Crichton Medallist! ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back