AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - 5 time Crichton Medallist! 🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅

Remove this Banner Ad

The guy is just an absolute gun. As he builds up his tank and strength - well i think he will become a first rate midfielder and one of our top 3 players - he is that good. His brother goes alright too.

He reminds me most of a young Chapman - but also has a bit of Heppell like awareness. Better kick than Heppell though. Also is a tad quicker than i realised - i thought he was average paced but hes actually quick without being lightning.

A lot of talent this year: Luke McDonald, Tom Langdon, James Aish, Kade Kolo, Luke Dunstan, Jake Billings, Josh Kelly, Bontempelli.

Seriously stacked draft
It's amazing, as I'm certain all the talk was about how weak it was going to be. I do remember they said up to 30 would be okay; but I never inferred that to mean kids the quality of zach

It's amazing, as I'm certain all the talk was about how weak it was going to be. I do remember they said up to 30 would be okay; but I never inferred that to mean kids the quality of zach
I remember people saying it'd be weak for KPPs, but would go deep on smaller types.

Poise and decision making is incredible for a first year player, has quite a bit of zip to him as well which is just what we need.

Meant to be a good draft for the 1st round and a half (about the point we took Zach) and then dropped off significantly.

Z Merrett: S Mitchell
D Heppell: S Pendlebury
D Myers: ???
???: J Selwood
???: J Watson
D Zaharakis: ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is he not tired? 13 AFL games & 3 VFL games.

Hes a gem. I dont think hes the next sam Mitchell i think that goes to Lewis Taylor whos a ripper.

Still unsure who to compare him to, i think i said Nathan Eagleton was the best comparison and for me probably still is.

I was pretty dissapointed to lose Crameri at the time and for most of the season as he was one of my favorite players. However now im starting to realize his downhill skiing and this kid just helps with what we got in return.

Hes a gem. I dont think hes the next sam Mitchell i think that goes to Lewis Taylor whos a ripper.

Taylor is not as good as Zach Merrett on his non preferred. Nowhere near that level. Taylor is a jet but he is not a Mitchell clone!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - 5 time Crichton Medallist! 🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅

Remove this Banner Ad

Back