Traded 7. Matthew Kennedy - Traded to the Western Bulldogs :((

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t fathom how he was not viewed to get game time in 25… wasn’t a fan of Voss before that final now I’d definitely trade Voss to keep a blue collar player of culture like this around. Best of luck MK.. really happy you secured an extra 2 years for your young family. Bulldogs colours won’t suit you and I hope Beveridge treats you better.

Love ya Matty. You will always be a blue. Had the bagger spirit but just circumstances of a brutal industry had to give you a better opportunity. I wish you well at the dogs and will barrack as hard for you in 22 rounds as I do now (or 21 if we play you twice in a year)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still puzzled why the Bulldogs wanted him.

I could name half a dozen clubs that felt like a better fit.

Anyway, hope he gets to play AFL football in 2025+.

But the footballers do love to banish good players to the ressies.

Onya Matty and all the best - sorry the Club treated you with such disrespect - but DH's will be DH's - pressure is on them now - you'll enjoy the blue-collar stuff at the doggies.
Disrespect mate?
Can't see it. We carried Matt through 3 years when he couldnt get on the field and now the quicker young blokes demand his spot. We could have kept him and played in vfl next year but instead got him what he was wanting.

No one can question the heart he played with, tough, uncompromising and everything was done for the team. Players depart all the time, but this one doesn't have a good vibe, a bit like when Aaron Hamill left.

All the best Matty

Really sorry to see MK leave, this one is difficult so popular and loved watching him play, but he wants more midfield time and all the best to him always a Blue Boy tho :blueheart:

Disrespect mate?
Can't see it. We carried Matt through 3 years when he couldnt get on the field and now the quicker young blokes demand his spot. We could have kept him and played in vfl next year but instead got him what he was wanting.
This is true ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded 7. Matthew Kennedy - Traded to the Western Bulldogs :((

Remove this Banner Ad

Back