7 straight games at the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Your lot just get the free ride from the umpires. Funny that when they put the whistle away in big games you fail. Take the final 1/4 of the '09 GF for example. Not a choke, you just couldn't kick a goal because you weren't given free kicks in front of goal. Pathetic really.

And your lot got a free ride with no salary cap, but now that everything is squared up, you've been shown up as a bunch of idiots who can't draft, and subsequently are shit on an environmentally friendly cardboard platter!

Leading into the finals, the AFL has decided to help out Collingwood (as usual). What a joke. Great to see them getting a leg up every single year. As if it isn't an advantage playing 7 games in a row at the venue they will play finals at. I take a little bit of pleasure knowing they will lose to Geelong if they do make the GF.

I think this helps the FagPies more than the 7 straight games at the MCG.
Rd 5. Coll v Ess – Ess played WCE in Perth Rd4
Rd 9. Coll v Geel – Geel played BL in Brisbane Rd8
Rd 16. Coll v StK – StK played BL in Brisbane Rd15
R18. Coll v Carl – Carl played WCE in Perth Rd17
R19. Geel v Coll – Geel played Swans in Sydney Rd18
R21. Coll v Adel – Adel played BL in Brisbane R20

This year probably does not matter as they have been the best team so far, but if they were on the edge of the top 4, the above draw from R16 on would be a huge advantage.

I think this helps the FagPies more than the 7 straight games at the MCG.
Rd 5. Coll v Ess – Ess played WCE in Perth Rd4
Rd 9. Coll v Geel – Geel played BL in Brisbane Rd8
Rd 16. Coll v StK – StK played BL in Brisbane Rd15
R18. Coll v Carl – Carl played WCE in Perth Rd17
R19. Geel v Coll – Geel played Swans in Sydney Rd18
R21. Coll v Adel – Adel played BL in Brisbane R20

This year probably does not matter as they have been the best team so far, but if they were on the edge of the top 4, the above draw from R16 on would be a huge advantage.

I'll help you, as far as i remember Freo muts whinged about them having to travel the week before they played us too.

No do me a favor and come up with the reason we've won the other 9 games :thumbsu:

Collingwood and Hawthorn have easily the hardest draws in the league.

The reigning premiers and the runners up play less games against the top four sides than Collingwood.

The only team from the top four that the Bulldogs, Saints and Cats (premiership contenders) play twice is Collingwood.

We have played both Sydney (our bitch) and Fremantle, the two highest interstate teams at their home ground.

The only sides we haven't played away were Adelaide and West Coast, do you seriously think we would have lost those games?

This season the best teams are in victoria, which means games at the MCG are harder than at aami stadium.

It has been a magnificent effort to get to where they are considering the draw.

Your lot just get the free ride from the umpires. Funny that when they put the whistle away in big games you fail. Take the final 1/4 of the '09 GF for example. Not a choke, you just couldn't kick a goal because you weren't given free kicks in front of goal. Pathetic really.

Yeah we only ever kick goals from free kicks.:rolleyes:

Also I wouldn't be calling a team that went within a couple of goals of winning a premiership pathetic when you choked in your one and only final.

Everyone needs to stop bitching. The Pies had the Cats, St's, Dogs, Hawks and the Blues all twice this season. If you ask me, thats a hard run.
Noob. This is Bay 13, and here, no matter what Collingwood's draw is like, flogs will continue to claim the pies have it wasy. It doesn't matter who they pie play, the only thing that matters is where they play them. Playing Geelong and St Kilda on the MCG, that's an easy draw. It's playing games like the WCE in perth that's tough.

They really should put this into the terms and conditions so noobs are aware of this when they sign up.

:D

Freo don't get any games at the MCG this year. This disgusts me and I know the club aren't happy.
With our injuries atm I think we will struggle to win in Launceston this week and I hope for this week they don't bring and players back in plus they rest Pav and Hill. The AFL will howl and maybe fine us but *** them.
They want us to send more money than normal to prop up the struggling Melbourne teams yet we can't play at the G.I don't care about Collingwoods draw but fair suck of the sav eyebrows this is turning into a farce!:mad:

Solution.

A few Victorian sides are going to have to take matters into their own hands here. Y'all need to stop pushing to play the Pies twice a year. Drop out of blockbuster agreements, sacrifice the bottom line to pull us back in line with say... Essendon. How many times to the Dons travel this year? Let's just peg the Pies back to their level of interstate games, and the rest will sort itself out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bottom line like the other thread on here identical to this one... Collingwood play 4 games out of Melbourne, dont play Geelong at Kardinia... Easy run, but they do play hard teams through it. At the end of the day, there players endure less stress but play harder teams... End of the day they're a Melbourne based side and all Melbourne based sides having fairly easy runs seeing as the majority of teams in the AFL are Melbourne based.

Interstate sides do more travelling which is correct, just means when we win Premierships its that much more sweeter.

Bottom line like the other thread on here identical to this one... Collingwood play 4 games out of Melbourne, dont play Geelong at Kardinia... Easy run, but they do play hard teams through it. At the end of the day, there players endure less stress but play harder teams... End of the day they're a Melbourne based side and all Melbourne based sides having fairly easy runs seeing as the majority of teams in the AFL are Melbourne based.

Interstate sides do more travelling which is correct, just means when we win Premierships its that much more sweeter.
If we swapped our 2 away game against Geelong and Hawthorn with 2 interstate games against Adelaide and WCE, only a moron would claim it'd give us a tougher draw, yet it would still be tougher than any other top 8 side has this year.

If we swapped our 2 away game against Geelong and Hawthorn with 2 interstate games against Adelaide and WCE, only a moron would claim it'd give us a tougher draw, yet it would still be tougher than any other top 8 side has this year.

Yes defiantly it would be, or even playing at Skilled against Geelong would provide a tougher and fairer game. The AFL should really look more towards a fairer fixture not a more profitable fixture. I know the reasons why its laid out like this and agree to many points but 7 games at the end of the year and i think nearly the same at the start all in Melbourne is pretty unfair even on the other Melbourne clubs.

Clubs can only build money, sponsorship and membership through success. AFL should start becoming more Robin Hood minded, the first step is taxing the richer clubs which they're starting to do. Nobody wants to see great original clubs sink away and die like Fitzroy again, well maybe except for Norf. But besides Norf, honestly deep down... Who would want to see Richmond or Melbourne die, ego's and hatred aside... They're historically part of our history of AFL.

lica_mick,0.jpg

Who will it be this year?

My guess is Alan Squib Didak after letting his teammates down again in a big game. :thumbsu:

Freo don't get any games at the MCG this year. This disgusts me and I know the club aren't happy.
With our injuries atm I think we will struggle to win in Launceston this week and I hope for this week they don't bring and players back in plus they rest Pav and Hill. The AFL will howl and maybe fine us but *** them.
They want us to send more money than normal to prop up the struggling Melbourne teams yet we can't play at the G.I don't care about Collingwoods draw but fair suck of the sav eyebrows this is turning into a farce!:mad:

Does it sicken you to your very core?

Remove this Banner Ad

7 straight games at the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back