Player Watch #7: Zane Duursma - out for 2024, undergoing shoulder surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol his sister plays for Blues. Best to just wear nothing to not piss his sister off or North fans.
WE need to get Zane's sister across to play with us and after seeing the Blues performance tonight it shouldn't be that hard,, :laughv1:

I definitely get the ‘big club’ vibe from him, however if we start winning some games (!), it would go along way to building a strong bond amongst the team which wouldn’t be easy to walk away from.
I think Zane is just a bit different. I think he said in one of the draft interviews that he didn't really support any clubs growing up and just followed footy in general.

In all seriousness why do I feel like he’s gone anyways?

I don’t see him staying tbh and idk why 🤣
I get where you are coming from. It’s completely irrational but he feels like a Collingwood or Richmond player. I think it’s because we haven’t drafted his type much at all.

I don’t think he’s leaving or anything though. Nothing to suggest he’s not perfectly happy here.

A fair few have put forward this opinion, or something similar. I have. There's something about him. But there's no point in worrying about something that we have no evidence for. If they all get a clear glimpse of what they can become, no one's going to want to leave

A fair few have put forward this opinion, or something similar. I have. There's something about him. But there's no point in worrying about something that we have no evidence for. If they all get a clear glimpse of what they can become, no one's going to want to leave
I would only be concerned if.
  1. He misses an ice bath session.
  2. Starts slagging off big X during matches.
  3. Runs off home to Munmy mid season and doesn’t tell the club.
  4. Has that slimeball agent Ben Williams as his manager.

Yeh have always had this feeling like he's not a long term North person. Can't put my finger on why.

Hopefully just irrational nonsense.

Lol his sister plays for Blues. Best to just wear nothing to not piss his sister off or North fans.
Harley Reid not wearing West Coast colours is clear indication that he has requested a trade. :rolleyes:

Or... football players have to wear the same colours day after day, it's effectively their work uniform. As soon as it's off season, they will wear anything but club colours. Add to that the desire to blend in a little and not have their personal space invaded by gawkers or autograph hunters or people wanting selfies whenever they step out the door.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh have always had this feeling like he's not a long term North person. Can't put my finger on why.

We will soon find out. He's about to go into 2nd year of the 3 year deal and all going well, I am sure the club would like to extend him well before the end of 2025 season.

Harley Reid not wearing West Coast colours is clear indication that he has requested a trade. :rolleyes:

Or... football players have to wear the same colours day after day, it's effectively their work uniform. As soon as it's off season, they will wear anything but club colours. Add to that the desire to blend in a little and not have their personal space invaded by gawkers or autograph hunters or people wanting selfies whenever they step out the door.
Was he at a West Coast game?

All we know is his older brother and older sister both left Port Adelaide to join Melbourne clubs. The family doesn't seem to have any particular connection to a Melbourne club, they just don't like being at Port Adelaide. They are the anti-JHF.

Heh, this.

Good God, he's leaving again is he? What's he done now?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Gone to a football game … with clothes on
I can handle the repeated negativity when it comes to our list management, optimism for the coming season and our overall trajectory. Unfortunately, it's all grounded in reality and I feel as badly beat down this season as I did when JHF left. The year in general, particularly the finish, was insanely disappointing and I had low hopes to begin with.

This unfounded negative speculation is for the tip though. We've got enough problems that I don't see the reason to dream up new ones.

Good God, he's leaving again is he? What's he done now?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Nothing. He was neutral and didn't pick a side lol.
Euro Cup Futbol GIF by World Cup

The Duursma fear in this joint is mind boggling. What has he done any different to McKercher this year? He's the one with the "go-home to a new franchise for a million bucks" factor (and I'd find it mad to be panicky about him as well).

It’s cause we have no identity as a club, every player at present looks out of place, hopefully the young guys bond during these tough times and stop appearing from the outside as passengers.
The old timer in me says they need a line in the sand game.
bikes anchorman GIF by Electric Cyclery

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Zane Duursma - out for 2024, undergoing shoulder surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back