List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

He is 19 years old and a far better prospect then River Stevens if you remove the romanticism,

No he isn't. Sydney don't want him, even as back-up. That should give you an idea of how they rate him. From what I have seen, River has way more potential. He runs harder, cracks in more, has better skills and goal sense. What is Konstanty better at?

he’s also a better prospect then RHJ & Coop who currently hold those spots. Other than injury he’s been kept out of the side by Papley, Hayward etc.

We were big on him in his draft year, he’s a no brainer considering how little we’d have to give up for him. If anything at all as they may need to delist him.

If they delist a 19 year old in a position they have little depth, what does that tell you about him?

Cooper's numbers are significantly better in everything bar tackles, and I would happily cut him. We have enough duds of our own that we can't afford to take in other teams' as well.

Ironically the 18 year old kids we have brought in over the last couple of years have improved the team more than those we have recycled. I'd rather we continue on this path.

Long time reader (Every. Bloody. Page.) first time poster to this thread, I think.

I'm dead in between on this. I can understand the 'stick with the draft' crew and also see the merit in shifting away a little from it this year, with say a splitting of P2 for mid first + Houston.

The thing that tips me over to the side of trading is the AFL.

Would it be nice to have our future assured and continue to build with even more top 5 draft picks, more than any OG club ever has? Do it so well that when it all clicks we get 3 flags and another Clarko dynasty? Sign me up.

Yep that'd be a dream but I just don't trust the AFL, and I suspect their patience is running very thin. When they leverage the court of public opinion it'll get thinner still, and with the spectre of a 19th team coming in from yet another market we've tried and failed to cultivate, their deliberately elastic long term plans will become a huge threat once again.

What are they, exactly, after Tassie? An NT team? AFL's most romantic notion but is the market big enough? What about the weather? How about we just dump North?

We've been in their gun before and I think if we're not sufficiently separated from the rabble we are now when the 19th team comes in, with it the annoyances of regular byes Etc., we'll quickly be saturated with debate of 18 or 20 teams? Cause 19 just feels wrong, right?

Tassie in, North out would suit them just fine and we all know it.

All teams are at a low point of their membership when they're at the bottom and vice versa at the top. We need to get up the ladder pronto, build the fan base accordingly so we achieve some semblance of escape velocity from this notion in Tassie's formative years.

If all that means pulling the trigger on a Houston style trade a year earlier than perfect world I say we should, and it seems the club may feel it needs to. If that means we have 8 first round guns under 26 instead of 9, well, we make it work with 8 which is more than most.

If that means 1 flag not 3, or even a great team who falls short... I'll take the bird in the hand rather than what the AFL may or may not offer in the bush.

I thought he couldn’t be paid that for a couple of years?
To answer my own question, that was what he would be asking for a one year extension, his fourth year, to offset unders in the first three.
IMO, eagles would be crazy to do that unless he signed on for multiple years.

Long time reader (Every. Bloody. Page.) first time poster to this thread, I think.

I'm dead in between on this. I can understand the 'stick with the draft' crew and also see the merit in shifting away a little from it this year, with say a splitting of P2 for mid first + Houston.

Would it be nice to have our future assured and continue to build with even more top 5 draft picks, more than any OG club ever has? Do it so well that when it all clicks we get 3 flags and another Clarko dynasty? Sign me up.

Yep that'd be a dream but I just don't trust the AFL, and I suspect their patience is running very thin. When they leverage the court of public opinion it'll get thinner still, and with the spectre of a 19th team coming in from yet another market we've tried and failed to cultivate, their deliberately elastic long term plans will become a huge threat once again.

What are they, exactly, after Tassie? An NT team? AFL's most romantic notion but is the market big enough? What about the weather? How about we just dump North?

We've been in their gun before and I think if we're not sufficiently separated from the rabble we are now when the 19th team comes in, with it the annoyances of regular byes Etc., we'll quickly be saturated with debate of 18 or 20 teams? Cause 19 just feels wrong, right?

All teams are at a low point of their membership when they're at the bottom and vice versa at the top. We need to get up the ladder pronto, build the fan base accordingly so we achieve some semblance of escape velocity from this notion in Tassie's formative years.

If all that means pulling the trigger on a Houston style trade a year earlier than perfect world I say we should, and it seems the club may feel it needs to. If that means we have 8 first round guns under 26 instead of 9, well, we make it work with 8 which is more than most.

If that means 1 flag not 3, or even a great team who falls short... I'll take the bird in the hand rather than what the AFL may or may not offer in the bush.

I don't think we are in risk of disappearing, but we don't seem to be doing much to get the target off our back. We do have to start winning and I agree that Houston would certainly help that. I'm not opposed to him, or other A-graders, at the right price. Future first, no. Split pick 2, fine. Houston is quality, the others we have brought in aren't. Nor are many of the players we are being linked to. We need to stop rummaging through other teams' skips. I can't remember the last one of these players that has worked.

Lol Houston shit B grade player.
Get over it mate

Think he loses all credibility when he calls Houston a B grader.... it's a legit argument that we don't want to through our F1 or we want to go back to the draft but saying Houston is a b grader is just laughable

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Have to fast track the rebuild to avoid this and that's why it's so important to get all these mature players in.

We will be a different club if Darling, Parker, Houston & Daniel all make it to Arden St somehow.

The afl will have no grounds to move us, the only angst will come through the media.

We should recruit Riley Bice. We are crying out for a mature, quick, good size, half back flanker, with good ball use.
If we don’t get him, I don’t know what the recruiters are doing

To answer my own question, that was what he would be asking for a one year extension, his fourth year, to offset unders in the first three.
IMO, eagles would be crazy to do that unless he signed on for multiple years.

I reckon young Harley would have somebody giving him pretty good advice about how to offset the profits from the HJ franchise if he ever decides to go into business for himself (what's the chances of Harley getting a tax refund Shermanator?).

We should recruit Riley Bice. We are crying out for a mature, quick, good size, half back flanker, with good ball use.
If we don’t get him, I don’t know what the recruiters are doing
Bice invited a touch of pressure by overcooking a couple of his shorter passes later in the quarter. He followed up the spill on once instance, but went on to give away a shot on goal for deliberately knocking the ball over the boundary line.

That's a skillset we already have in spades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon young Harley would have somebody giving him pretty good advice about how to offset the profits from the HJ franchise if he ever decides to go into business for himself (what's the chances of Harley getting a tax refund Shermanator?).
I do wonder if a lucrative 3rd party deal with a WA focused market making payments based on staying with WC would be signed off?

Have to fast track the rebuild to avoid this and that's why it's so important to get all these mature players in.

We will be a different club if Darling, Parker, Houston & Daniel all make it to Arden St somehow.

Don't reckon it will be Houston and Daniel, think Daniel is plan B if we lose out to Carlton for Houston

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd rather just get another good player, rather than play our best player out of position.
The hesitation around here to spend proper capital on a bloke who will be one of the best 5 players on our list for the foreseeable future is unreal.

Because he’s a spud that’ll be 800k running around in the twos. They just renegotiated a contract based on him leaving. So now they’re banking on him leaving.
We will end up with a net ongoing in picks or else he will stay and play 50% of games for WCE next season until he’s a free agent. This isn’t a GC situation where they need funds for future stars. WCE have few high earners now

We will end up with a net ongoing in picks or else he will stay and play 50% of games for WCE next season until he’s a free agent. This isn’t a GC situation where they need funds for future stars. WCE have few high earners now
Just because they dont have a bunch of players chewing at the heels of the salary cap doesn’t mean they cannot use that freedom to backend or front end deals to free up space next year. Its not a one way street. Its a salary dump.

Start with picks 2, 22, 40, 58 & 64

1. Pick 64 to West Coast for Darling.
2. Stephenson to Sydney for Parker.
3. Picks 2, 40 & 2025 2nd pick to Gold Coast for picks 6, 12, 20 & 38.
4. Picks 22, 38 & 58 to Brisbane for picks 18 & 53.
5. Lazzaro and pick 53 to Adelaide for pick 42.

Finish with picks 6, 12, 18, 20 & 42.

At the draft:

7 - Armstrong
15 - Berry
22 - Hannaford
27 - Gerreyn
46 - Mraz

Out: Thomas, Greenwood, Nyuon, Taylor, Stephenson, Lazzaro & Pink (re-rookie).
In: Darling, Parker, Armstrong, Berry, Hannaford, Gerreyn & Mraz.

Rookies:
Out: Shiels, Free & Sellers
In: Pink
Give this man the reins Brady
I am going to repeat the same trade deals every second page for 100 pages. :stern look
Would call you instead burner but he posts the same inane crap twice on every page

Lol Houston shit B grade player.
Get over it mate
Houston would drop his output by 30-40% if he joined our current culture and team.
Just like Louge Corr Stephenson Stephens Fisher etc etc etc

Put any one of them in Sydney's side and they'd be talked up like Amartey McLean and 8 other run of the mill players who we think are superstars

It's insanity to repeat the same mistakes over the last 6 years

There is enough talent on the current list

Instead of the players posting shit on Instagram about and of season trips to Bali and Bulls cooking

Their is 15 of them who frankly need to grow the **** up and be professional footballers

Look at there fitness levels and body fat levels and fitness levels

Their is junior athletes and suburban footballers who are fitter and stronger than most of the players on our list.

They should be and hopefully they are out doing Fartlek running sessions and weights sessions in there so called break

Houston would drop his output by 30-40% if he joined our current culture and team.
Just like Louge Corr Stephenson Stephens Fisher etc etc etc

Put any one of them in Sydney's side and they'd be talked up like Amartey McLean and 8 other run of the mill players who we think are superstars

It's insanity to repeat the same mistakes over the last 6 years

There is enough talent on the current list

Instead of the players posting shit on Instagram about and of season trips to Bali and Bulls cooking

Their is 15 of them who frankly need to grow the **** up and be professional footballers

Look at there fitness levels and body fat levels and fitness levels

Their is junior athletes and suburban footballers who are fitter and stronger than most of the players on our list.

They should be and hopefully they are out doing Fartlek running sessions and weights sessions in there so called break
Too much rubbish in this to go rubbish point by rubbish point, but Logue? Really?

Go to a Chinese restaurant near you or that sells chicken in lemongrass & chilli with a large fried rice and if you like Chinese, that doesn't change your life, your a hard taskmaster. ;)
We regularly cook a really hot chicken with lemongrass and chilli on steamed rice at home. Magnificent 👌

He is 19 years old and a far better prospect then River Stevens if you remove the romanticism, he’s also a better prospect then RHJ & Coop who currently hold those spots. Other than injury he’s been kept out of the side by Papley, Hayward etc.

We were big on him in his draft year, he’s a no brainer considering how little we’d have to give up for him. If anything at all as they may need to delist him.
That's just your opinion champ that he is better prospect than RHJ and Stevo junior
IF Sydney delist him then that would rule him out

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back