Player Watch #7: Zane Duursma

Remove this Banner Ad

Now for the really, really important question we all need to answer.

Tonight, who would we rather have, our boy Zane or the true "kickitanywhere23(not 34)" Ben Mckay."

I'm with our boy Zane, who incidentally looks much better in the Royal Blue and White than kickitanywhere23 does in those s****** colours of *essendon.
not even a comparison.

Hard not to be excited about Zane.

With his leap and overhead marking, combined with his footskills, could see him becoming a Sicily-esque gun intercept defender.

Could transition from a half forward to becoming a genuine midfielder, a Connor Rozee type, smooth mover and classy with the ball in hand.

And he's so good in the air, could definitely play as a 2nd or 3rd tall, a nightmare matchup who can beat you in the air and when the ball hits the deck.

He could genuinely be anything.

Larkey, Zurhaar, George and Duursma will cause a lot of problems up forward.

Just need to fill out the forwards with a 2nd tall/resting ruck, a resting mid (Thomas/Sheezel/Simpkin) and a genuine small forward (Curtis was good the 2nd half of the season but needs competition).

Silky, smart, great hands, good skills, decent pace, excellent mark. Whats not to like.?

He looks a bit on the skinny side but has a decent rump and frame on him so looks like he will fill out nicely. Not like Cale Morton as someone have said. His bro was slight when drafted but put on 11kgs since. At 79kgs now he could do with 7-10kgs from this point and be just fine.

A safe as houses top notch pick this one.

Cal Twomey compared him to Shaun Burgoyne last night because of his silkiness and ability to play anywhere.

Zane and Zurhaar? Double Z?

Double trouble!
Zane and Zurhaar 8 goals between them lead North romp GWS in round 1 to be a surprise ladder leader and have dinosaur media crawling over each other to headline "ZZ's on Top"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very, Very happy.

Like I’ve said previously he’s delivered in every big game he’s been in - just lives for the big moment type.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he kicks numerous big time goals to win us games, after-the-siren goals too.

This kids potential ceiling is somewhere near Mars.

So do we convert him into Tom Stewart mark II? Big call considering his goal scoring potential.
Or Mr.fixit swingman ala Shaun Burgoyne? Silk would be an apt nick name but just to keep it original I'd like to call him 'SMOOOTH'.

So do we convert him into Tom Stewart mark II? Big call considering his goal scoring potential.
Or Mr.fixit swingman ala Shaun Burgoyne? Silk would be an apt nick name but just to keep it original I'd like to call him 'SMOOOTH'.

He is TT Mk.2 for mine. We could swap the two on ball and up forward and always have class in the middle and forward.

Zane and Zurhaar? Double Z?

Double trouble!
A couple of sharped dressed men.
Billy-hill GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Remove this Banner Ad

Back