Preview Rd 15 v GoDeez - Sat 22/6/24 - At the G -7.30pm - Danj

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely possible. Gawn has 7cm on him, his ruckwork is better, he has way more nuance and experience including how to impact in the 50's, and is a better contested mark.

He might be declining but he's still a champion player and elite ruck. Big challenge for Big X. Most interesting matchup on the ground now that Trac is out.
If the midfielders do their bit I almost guarantee Xerri will have a good game. He'll certainly give his all.

If the midfielders do their bit I almost guarantee Xerri will have a good game. He'll certainly give his all.
It’s not like X is going into this under any illusions. He said during the week how much of an incredible player Gawn is. There was a lot of admiration and respect. I think if anything, he will lift for the occasion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Win or lose tonight, I can see we are on the right track.

I'll be honest, I started to write off a few players whom I'd lost faith in after repeat thrashings thinking we were still so far and away from where we should be. I even made a thread saying we didn't have the difference in our mix required to make opposition accountable.

The last two weeks have highlighted the importance of self belief for not only the players, but for supporters that have been through so much anguish and were starting to crack in terms of maintaining the faith in what our current crop can achieve.

Last week, they got out to 9 goals (very unexpectedly) against a team that is the epitome of pressure and desire. This week, they face a team that is seemingly a shadow of what it once used to be.

I'm concerned Melbourne will come out breathing fire but am confident our boys can match them. I wouldn't have said this 3-4 weeks ago. Not a chance.

Perhaps the tough draw was a blessing in disguise. They know what it is like to be bullied. Do the bullying tonight North!

Win or lose tonight, I can see we are on the right track.

I'll be honest, I started to write off a few players whom I'd lost faith in after repeat thrashings thinking we were still so far and away from where we should be. I even made a thread saying we didn't have the difference in our mix required to make opposition accountable.

The last two weeks have highlighted the importance of self belief for not only the players, but for supporters that have been through so much anguish and were starting to crack in terms of maintaining the faith in what our current crop can achieve.

Last week, they got out to 9 goals (very unexpectedly) against a team that is the epitome of pressure and desire. This week, they face a team that is seemingly a shadow of what it once used to be.

I'm concerned Melbourne will come out breathing fire but am confident our boys can match them. I wouldn't have said this 3-4 weeks ago. Not a chance.

Perhaps the tough draw was a blessing in disguise. They know what it is like to be bullied. Do the bullying tonight North!
Good Post .
We’ve been in this very position before (many moons before) where just like the GoDees tonight we’ve needed a cheap win from a weak up & coming side & have delivered.
That’s why after the last 2 weeks & our turnaround in effort pressure could be tested & thrown right back at us.
It will be another learning curve game for us & how we handle some one jumping us first to each contest & pressure us into every thing .
If we start like we have the past 2 weeks & the GoDees don’t then we are into this game up to our teeth. But if they jump us first , I’m a bit concerned on how we match & turn that around .
Very interesting game . First 10-15 min will tell the tale I think.

I’m winning my tipping comp and I’m so torn what to do.
Are we going to handle the G?
I feel we fly more at marvel.
Are we doing the usual funny buggers and make LDU a late withdrawal ???

You would be correct. That was the day Vince got a punch in the guts by Cunnington after what was going on with Higgo.
One of the funniest footy moments of all time … 😂😂
And Waite offering his hand to pick up an opp player off ground in tassie and then quickly taking it away and running it through his hair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back