AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel - 3AW interview -16/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Copped a fine for contacting an umpire. Apparently it was JDG.

MROR6Sunday.jpg
And they thought we had the run of the green
One of their players got to be an ump

Copped a fine for contacting an umpire. Apparently it was JDG.

MROR6Sunday.jpg
i’d pay $1500 to have Dylan touch me like he touched that umpire

Was really effective as a small forward. Doesn’t look traditional in that role but what he did worked. Actually gives us a lot more flexibility.

Caldwell and Parish both do ok forward but play more as small half forward flankers. Shiel was much more in and under.

Was really effective as a small forward. Doesn’t look traditional in that role but what he did worked. Actually gives us a lot more flexibility.

Caldwell and Parish both do ok forward but play more as small half forward flankers. Shiel was much more in and under.

Shiels' power from stoppage works nicely up front, allows him to get that small window of separation.

Look someone has to at least acknowledge how awesome that very hard hard ball get was. Start off the chain for a goal too. One of the plays of the year for EFC.
yes it was awesome - great example of a fair bump, playon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The concern is that he’s a non existent aerial threat, they weren’t exactly kicks to advantage but Bergman picked him off easily a couple of times.

His link play and his ground ball work at half forward along with Caldwell give us a dimension we haven’t had in a while but we’re missing a bit in the air at the moment.

He mustn't know his own strength. I'm pretty sure I saw Ken Hinkley writing Rozee's obituary on the sidelines after Shiel steamrolled him. That's team lifting stuff and he has the capacity to do it more often - I just wish he did.

He mustn't know his own strength. I'm pretty sure I saw Ken Hinkley writing Rozee's obituary on the sidelines after Shiel steamrolled him. That's team lifting stuff and he has the capacity to do it more often - I just wish he did.
He got suspended for a bump a couple of years ago and has rarely executed one since then, poorer for it

The concern is that he’s a non existent aerial threat, they weren’t exactly kicks to advantage but Bergman picked him off easily a couple of times.

His link play and his ground ball work at half forward along with Caldwell give us a dimension we haven’t had in a while but we’re missing a bit in the air at the moment.
Yeah some of his non competes were pathetic that will get ignored because of that awesome bump

Yeah some of his non competes were pathetic that will get ignored because of that awesome bump

He played a good game and is having a pretty good year thus far, but it’s hard to ignore that deficiency in his game.

Sticks out like a dogs bollocks when we’re struggling in the air, he’s playing on a taller opponent and we stick it on his head multiple times.

He played a good game and is having a pretty good year thus far, but it’s hard to ignore that deficiency in his game.

Sticks out like a dogs bollocks when we’re struggling in the air, he’s playing on a taller opponent and we stick it on his head multiple times.
Agree 100% he is terrible as far as marking goes but all things being equal he is not in the side for his contested marking prowess. :)

Due to return after being withdrawn 2 weeks in a row
Withdrawn from the dreamtime game with a calf injury, then named and withdrawn again with a foot issue against West Coast.

Now they think he might be able to play this week if he gets through training...
Dylan Shiel will be aiming to return after missing the last two weeks, with the midfielder looking to continue his strong form in the 2023 season.

"Provided he gets through training this week, we expect him to be available to play." McPherson said.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel - 3AW interview -16/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back