Past #9: Jess Sinclair - traded to NM as part of Bell deal - 142 games for NM - delisted/retired end '08

Will Jess Sinclair be selected this week?

• Yes

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

From the HUN :-
23/5/05
INJURIES

KANGAROOS
Blake Grima (shoulder) season
Daniel Motlop (shoulder) indefinite
Josh Thewlis (knee) 5 weeks
Callum Urch (hamstring) 2 weeks
Chad Jones (knee) test
David Trotter (quad) test
Corey McKernan (shoulder) test
Jess Sinclair (corked thigh) test

countryroo said:
23/5/05
INJURIES

KANGAROOS

t

Oh, for ********s sake!!!!!

& just for interest... also from the HUN 23/5

INJURIES

BRISBANE LIONS
Tom Logan (shoulder) 3 weeks
Luke Power (broken hand) 1-3 weeks
Ash McGrath (calf) available
Jason Akermanis (ankle) test
Richard Hadley (knee) season
Jonathan Brown (shoulder) available
Jared Brennan (quadriceps) 1-2 weeks
Jamie Charman (leg) test
Chris Scott (hamstring) test
Llane Spaanderman (shoulder) TBC
Michael Rischitelli (quadriceps) 1-2 weeks
Luke Forsyth (groin) 2-4 weeks
Beau McDonald (knee) indefinite

BRISBANE LIONS Jonathan Brown (shoulder) and Chris Scott (hamstring) are in doubt for Saturday night's clash against the Kangaroos.

countryroo said:
23/5/05
INJURIES

KANGAROOS
Blake Grima (shoulder) season
Daniel Motlop (shoulder) indefinite
Josh Thewlis (knee) 5 weeks
Chad Jones (knee) test
David Trotter (quad) test
Corey McKernan (shoulder) test
Jess Sinclair (corked thigh) test

Are you sure that Urch is still injured

Big J.Brown said on SEN this morning that he will be playing...

Geez doesn't this remind you of the opposition team supporters of the 90's whenever carey was in doubt to play....

Anybody got an inside scoop on this one?.....

I would have thought that he would be doubtful judging by the way Laidley has commented this week....

Mailman said:
Anybody got an inside scoop on this one?.....

I would have thought that he would be doubtful judging by the way Laidley has commented this week....

Not a chance IMO...the way he couldnt even walk off the ground sunday after the game - didnt train all week,and today he still was walking very gingerly.

Apparently Jess Sinclair is leading the comp in short kicks. I'm not surprised when he has consistently kicked the ball 5m or less 2-3 times per game this year. Why is he doing this? Surely a handball of 5m is better than one of these jibby 5m dribbling kicks.

People that kick more than they handpass often look for the longer kick first but when there are no options will just chip it to a short option instead. Also, if you are hot under pressure it is easier to kick effectively than handpass funnily enough because the opponents hands are connected to the shoulders if they want to smother a kick they usually have to come to ground to smother.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tas said:
People that kick more than they handpass often look for the longer kick first but when there are no options will just chip it to a short option instead. Also, if you are hot under pressure it is easier to kick effectively than handpass funnily enough because the opponents hands are connected to the shoulders if they want to smother a kick they usually have to come to ground to smother.

Look, Sinclair has been one of our better performers this year but he has turned the ball over many times looking for the short option first & wanting to go sideways.

Devil Fish said:
Look, Sinclair has been one of our better performers this year but he has turned the ball over many times looking for the short option first & wanting to go sideways.

If you were playing in defense and we had nobody leading in the middle of the ground and nobody capable of taking a contested mark, ie Petrie, there would you just bang it long to see it come back 5 seconds later or would you go short to a fellow defender running up the ground who you know will have a good chance of getting the possession?

Yeah, he turned it over a bit but he generated a lot of run out of defense, if it wasn't for him and Makey and Archer we wouldn't have scored at all because we got next to nothing from our midfield other than Harvey early in the game.

I'm guessing he has himself in his fantasy footy team.

So does Johnstone by the look of it - the amount of times he kicked to himself and then 30 metres to an open man from fullback was amusing.

That patch at the start of the 3rd where Sinclair had 3 short kicks, all stuffed up, were embarrassing. Supporters deserve an explanation, Sinclair deserved to spend some time on the pine.

Richmond will flog us next week, they played straight and direct football last yesterday, while we chip it around and with our poor skills we eventually screw it up.

I don't think I can even be inspired to go next week.

Poor old Sav, dragged for most of the game, his problem is no one will kick it to him and give him a chance. Jones had a couple of opportunities to use him but instead went to other players.

At least Harding was a good contributor

Im with you on this Thewlis....What a joke those kick ins are....To much is judged on possessions...Id say sinclair knows where to go to get the footy...but id very rarely put him in the best and his disposal is over rated often he has so much time to hit blokes but he misses them he is consumed with possessions as if that really matters...what matters is who can kick goals...and going forward...most often he is kicking slightly forward or backwards when he takes on teams and runs hard forward and kicks long....just like Archer did today thats when his game is creative other than that just a stat hunter. Every team has them though.

Devil Fish said:

Tas explains it well Devil Fish. I find that the movement to position by teammates is out of sync at times. What can you do as a defender ? I'd rather North hold the ball in possession instead of being forced to kick it blindly. It's a team game and too often the sleepwalking of teammates can make your game look like crap. I grade Jess' decision making a C and his disposal a B but you know he can have games that make him above these grades coz his teammates (are wide AWAKE!!) & are doing thier job. Remember the Stevo principals : play to make your teammates better players. That is definately something that isn't preached or practised enough @ North. :(

I think we kicked long to position when team mates lead out, it was just not happening often enough from what I could see although it is hard to notice the movement from TV, you really need to be at the game.

I doubt any of our defenders will not kick the ball to someone making a lead into space. I just do not think they are allowed to kick it to contstes in the middle which will just be rebounded and give them another easy shot on goal.

Players do not get dragged for making a skill error, they do when they do not follow instruction. I do not recall Sinclair being dragged so I am assuming he is following the instruction.

If Sinclair banged it long to a contest in the middle every time he got the ball then we would have lost by 100+ points.

Just had a look at his stats this season and they are impressive. I thought he had been pretty good this season, but he really has been a model of consistent performance.

He leads our marking on 82, 9 marks ahead of Thommo.

He leads our kicks with 186, 25 ahead of Shagga.

He is second on our list for disposals.

And I can't remember too many times he has turned it over. Mostly excellent usage of the pill.

Also, have not heard the two blokes who sit behind me at the footy slagging him off this season yet - and they hate him with a passion (and Wells as well for some reason...) - so maybe he is a chance for the Brownlow!

I think Grant has more chance of a Brownlow than sinclair as he would have polled three votes in a number of games - particularly early on.

Sinclair would be right up there for the Syd Barker I reckon though it would be terrific if Archer could win it (for the first time!) this year

I'm not knocking Jess at all as he is having a great season and would be right up there but he is playing the role of the defender who runs past and takes the handball or short kick. That is why his stats are so high. He is playing the role to perfection and giving us great drive.

I also think that Grant would be ahead at this point in the season.

Agreed sross.

I wouldn't have a clue who'd be leading 'cos, as referenced last year when Brady won, the votes are based on the players who carry out their instructions and assignments the best. I wouldn't have a clue how it'll end up.

Shagga would have to be there or thereabouts for sure IMO.

T'toes

Twinkletoes said:
Agreed sross.

I wouldn't have a clue who'd be leading 'cos, as referenced last year when Brady won, the votes are based on the players who carry out their instructions and assignments the best. I wouldn't have a clue how it'll end up.

Shagga would have to be there or thereabouts for sure IMO.

T'toes

Agreed and so would Archer.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #9: Jess Sinclair - traded to NM as part of Bell deal - 142 games for NM - delisted/retired end '08

Back