Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; '24 SBM - congrats LDU

Remove this Banner Ad

The last two games of the season were utterly soul-destroying cr@p. I'll give him that. But for the 2 months before, didn't we show sustained, genuine improvement? It felt like that to most of the supporter base. Did Luke not feel that on the ground? So, there are two scenarios here:
1. He is actually a little bit over it and leaving
2. His agent is maximising the return by pumping out this bullshit
I desperately want it to be 2, but I've never felt confident with LDU re-contracting long term. Other players have proactively committed to rebuilding the club together. I understand that he has a year to run on his contract and there is no rush, but the longer it goes on, the more I go into self-protection mode where I pretend to not give a sh1t.
It's more like -

3. Made up bullshit by a ****stick

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's pretty smart by LDU....if he comes out and brains them even in round 1 next year, his contract goes up 100K/ a week.
But he must know we have no interest in playing the haggling game. We give him as much as we wants for as long as he wants. In fact we’d be prepared to give him overs on top of that.

Holding out on signing a contract would have nothing to do with money. As much as Morris absolutely IS a stain I’d say there is truth that Luke wants to see just a bit of improvement next year and don’t we all.

Eerily similar to the Cam situation

Kind of putting the club under pressure but **** me, enough is enough, I don’t blame him.

Tbh he was pretty underwhelming the first half of the year (still think Sheezal had a way better year) so If he said he wants to wait to see improvement before signing he better lift with us 💙

But he must know we have no interest in playing the haggling game. We give him as much as we wants for as long as he wants. In fact we’d be prepared to give him overs on top of that.

Holding out on signing a contract would have nothing to do with money. As much as Morris absolutely IS a stain I’d say there is truth that Luke wants to see just a bit of improvement next year and don’t we all.
Absolutely. His next contract will be his main one as a player, probably 4+ years. If he's convinced those 4 years will be at the bottom then he's gone, IMO.

It could be North not offering him whats appropriate. LDU might be being completely reasonable. Everyone seems to think its LDU jacking up the price.

He doesnt seem like the type to be scheming with his manager to use tricks and games to get the price up, any means necessary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe just maybe the contract stuff isn't a concern for LDU unlike 75% of this board. He most likely doesn't give 2 stuffs about the jurnos commenting / tweeting their own options like
" Its MY belief that he wants to see how the team is going before he signs "
He came out last year, said he loved the club, wants to play his career here, at what point in his career so far has he given anyone any doubt he wont resign. Taking him at his word, that should put any doubt to bed.

Sure, the club want to get him signed up asap but it doesnt seem like its something LDU or his management and club have sat down and discussed yet, as per Brady's comments earlier in the week. Previous contracts have been signed in the pre season and there is nothing to suggest it wont happen again.

The guy is as loyal as they come, loves the club and his team mates and will get paid accordingly.. 6 years 7 mil would be my guess and he is worth every cent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; '24 SBM - congrats LDU

Remove this Banner Ad

Back