Player Watch #?: Luke Parker to North - has requested a trade to NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Concerned even if we give up pick 43 for Parker, and potentially 25 for Daniel (as is being rumored) - even with something coming back it leaves us very light on for picks in this draft.

I'd rather bring in new talent this year with at least 3 picks rather than trading it all on other clubs rejects.

Concerned even if we give up pick 43 for Parker, and potentially 25 for Daniel (as is being rumored) - even with something coming back it leaves us very light on for picks in this draft.

I'd rather bring in new talent this year with at least 3 picks rather than trading it all on other clubs rejects.
Drafting is a numbers game. The more picks you use the more chance you have of snaring good players.

If you go in with only 2 decent picks and miss on one or both of them, all of a sudden you have a hole in your list build. Which doesn’t get filled by other teams fringe players and 30+ yr olds.

Don’t kid yourself, we are not flush with as much young talent as people think.

Drafting is a numbers game. The more picks you use the more chance you have of snaring good players.

If you go in with only 2 decent picks and miss on one or both of them, all of a sudden you have a hole in your list build. Which doesn’t get filled by other teams fringe players and 30+ yr olds.

Don’t kid yourself, we are not flush with as much young talent as people think.
I'm not kidding myself, that's why I said I was concerned with trading out all of our picks for Darling, Parker and potentially Daniel.

I think it was very clear this season about our so-called breadth of young talent, specific example when we had a few injuries across our midfield, showed just how short on depth we are.

I wouldn't be too concerned yet. If we split 2 or move our F1 then we'll get more picks in those ways. I'd love to keep 25 and 43 and give up future picks first as at least we can trade back in to recover position next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Luke Parker to North - has requested a trade to NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back