Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; '24 SBM - congrats LDU

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s the type of player that can have the most influence on a game of football.

The ability to win the football in a contest and create an overlap by being able to draw multiple opponents.

If Thomas can sort his shit out - he’s more influential than LDU as he is a better inside 50 kick and scores more goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who would you have that ad a higher ceiling since the duck times?

For me competition is Boomer (not including Corey M as he was the same time as Duck), Dish, Goldy, D Wells. I never saw one of those capable of being the best in the game. Wellsy close.

LDUs best like last years early year form or Adelaide game the year before for me is the leagues best player.
Sheezel. He is far clear of the rest in terms of ceiling.

Guys like Wells or Thomas might get you 20-25 possessions and do a lot of damage with them because of their skill. But they're just never going to be high possession players.

Guys like LDU might get you 35 possessions but not be as destructive because they don't have that pure silky skill or feel for the game. He might still win brownlows, though.

Sheezel's ceiling is the rare combination of both. He'll get you 35-40 touches while also being devastating with his disposal, great feel for the game, seeing things that others don't, hard at the ball, cool under pressure, great leadership, elite professionalism.

You're getting into the rarefied air of a GAJ when it comes to Sheezel's ceiling. Truly elite players who could be best on field and win a match with only 15 touches, except they go out and get 40 and rip a game to shreds.

He's our reigning BnF and in the leadership group at 19 years old. I don't know if we're fully appreciating what we're witnessing here.

Just wait until he's 3-4 years more developed and playing in the middle...

Guys like Wells or Thomas might get you 20-25 possessions and do a lot of damage with them because of their skill. But they're just never going to be high possession players.

Guys like LDU might get you 35 possessions but not be as destructive because they don't have that pure silky skill or feel for the game. He might still win brownlows, though.

Sheezel's ceiling is the rare combination of both. He'll get you 35-40 touches while also being devastating with his disposal, great feel for the game, seeing things that others don't, hard at the ball, cool under pressure, great leadership, elite professionalism.

You're getting into the rarefied air of a GAJ when it comes to Sheezel's ceiling. Truly elite players who could be best on field and win a match with only 15 touches, except they go out and get 40 and rip a game to shreds.

He's our reigning BnF and in the leadership group at 19 years old. I don't know if we're fully appreciating what we're witnessing here.

good debate love talking with North people!

I don't disagree with most of this but I think you're underselling LDU. I think with some proper depth around him in the midfield and wings he will surprise how capable he is when not having to do the whole job out of the centre. In fact when he came back later in the year after Sheezel had established himself and solid running years out of Bailey and a couple of others I saw LDU get up and down the ground and acting in a receiving role as well much more than I'd seen before. He is primed and I think the addition of McKercher and Stephens, more run into Goater will all make things even easier for him to impact anywhere.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll say it again - really hope we stitch him up well before his FA window opens.

5-7 years, big coin. Make it happen Ten Winey.
Said it a yr ago will be our highest paid player since Carey . We need to start winning though

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; '24 SBM - congrats LDU

Remove this Banner Ad

Back