Player Watch #?: Luke Parker to North - has requested a trade to NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Atley was hardly tried in the midfield. Maybe a few stints here or there. He certainly wasn't given an opportunity along the lines of a whole season to show what he could do.

I remember watching his junior highlights and some of his burst from stoppages was Judd like. Seemed to me like a waste to just chuck him on a back flank for his career like we did. But that's Brad Scotts for you.

And really, how much time did we give communism? Surely not enough to prove itself.

The other day I thought about Shaun Atley. We played him from whoa to go for 10 years straight. He ended up with over 200 games. We delisted him at the age of 28 and that was the end of his career. It's really bizarre.

Genuinely the single worst disposal I've ever seen from a North player. not sure ive ever seen a north player shit themselves as bad as that in a crucial moment
I have.
North Melbourne Afl GIF by NMFCOfficial

The other day I thought about Shaun Atley. We played him from whoa to go for 10 years straight. He ended up with over 200 games. We delisted him at the age of 28 and that was the end of his career. It's really bizarre.
Wasn’t nearly as bad as people made him out to be. Would certainly prefer him over McDonald atm.

He could actually defend. Not saying LMac can't, but Ats was a pretty good defender
And at least Ats had elite straight line speed to close distance and/or run off half back.
McDonald is one of the slowest players off the mark I’ve ever seen. Looks like he’s stumbling/tripping over himself in one spot for a full second, before he actually makes his first forward step. Not just this year, but pretty much his whole career. Does my head in.

Atley was hardly tried in the midfield. Maybe a few stints here or there. He certainly wasn't given an opportunity along the lines of a whole season to show what he could do.

I remember watching his junior highlights and some of his burst from stoppages was Judd like. Seemed to me like a waste to just chuck him on a back flank for his career like we did. But that's Brad Scotts for you.
He was a worse kick inside 50 than jy is

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Luke Parker to North - has requested a trade to NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back