Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; '24 SBM - congrats LDU

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s not going anywhere . I loved his demeanour. If you had any fibre of competitiveness about you as a player you should be pissed off with the way things were going onfield , if anything I’d like to see a few of his teammates showing the same level anger with our performance.
Yeah agree not worried

But let’s hope we get a long term deal done during the off season

Don’t want a distraction during the year

I'd be surprised if his manager isn't into him to hold off, back yourself in to have a big year and cash in either here, or somewhere else.

Luke's kicking this year was atrocious. He had twice as many inside 50's as anyone else and was one of the worst at it. This is a significant problem for us and stopping him becoming the player he should be.

The issue is his kicking action. Basically, he collapses his body forward when making contact with the ball. He normally has a bit more time and space than others, he should use this to get balanced and straighten his spine.

I'd be surprised if his manager isn't into him to hold off, back yourself in to have a big year and cash in either here, or somewhere else.

but unfortunately for him, his interview made it almost impossible to renede and go to other club because it was that definitely, it would make a mockery of his character and that of his manager.

I doubt LDU signs in the off-season, and the danger is we start 2025 like we ended 2024. Even though he undoubtedly loves the club, I think we'll lose him under them circumstances.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

As good as he is, as good as he looks, he isn't actually one of the top most critical player to keep.

If one of larkey sheezal xerri is to go, then we are screwd.

Luke's kicking this year was atrocious. He had twice as many inside 50's as anyone else and was one of the worst at it. This is a significant problem for us and stopping him becoming the player he should be.

The issue is his kicking action. Basically, he collapses his body forward when making contact with the ball. He normally has a bit more time and space than others, he should use this to get balanced and straighten his spine.
He's pulled off bullets before but yeah it's nowhere near consistent enough. Loopy high balls don't do us any favours. Needs to balance himself better. Definitely the biggest issue with his game. Sucks because he's so good at getting it in a spot where he can give us a good, deep, scything inside 50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's pulled off bullets before but yeah it's nowhere near consistent enough. Loopy high balls don't do us any favours. Needs to balance himself better. Definitely the biggest issue with his game. Sucks because he's so good at getting it in a spot where he can give us a good, deep, scything inside 50
If he's within 60m of goal I think he should just go for it. Its when he tries short kicks at speed that they pop up imo and so often he ends up on the move and within 60m of goal that its worth it if he makes two out of three.

As good as he is, as good as he looks, he isn't actually one of the top most critical player to keep.

If one of larkey sheezal xerri is to go, then we are screwd.
Had the 7th most clearances of any midfielder in the league. The 5th most centre clearances. 8th most contested possessions of any midfielder in the league. 9th in the league for pressure acts.

I'd say he's pretty critical.

If he's within 60m of goal I think he should just go for it. Its when he tries short kicks at speed that they pop up imo and so often he ends up on the move and within 60m of goal that its worth it if he makes two out of three.
100% , worst case turns it over further down but the real issue which is not unique to LDU in our team appears to be the decision making. Coupled with poor execution its a recipe for what we see every week. Great kicks to opposition seem to indicate its decisions as much as kicking actions etc that kill us.

But ranted and distracted, makes me weep when he doesnt just go for it, live at the game I am always thinking "show em how good you are Luke" and then he doesnt...

Yes! And part of that is Larkey and Zurhaar needing to show leadership and encourage it.

He's good. I want to keep him. Top 10 paid players in the league? No.

He's one of the top 10 players in the league imo.
I don't think that he's earned a top 10 ranking yet. But top 10 salaries shouldn't equal a top 10 player. It's just not how contract cycles work.

The top 10 players will all probably be top 4 salaries immediately after they sign on and the top 25 will be top 10 salaries etc.

I don't think that he's earned a top 10 ranking yet. But top 10 salaries shouldn't equal a top 10 player. It's just not how contract cycles work.

The top 10 players will all probably be top 4 salaries immediately after they sign on and the top 25 will be top 10 salaries etc.
Plus if all teams have equal tpps given we have zero depth the salary has to go somewhere

If not he's close.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; '24 SBM - congrats LDU

Remove this Banner Ad

Back