Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; '24 SBM - congrats LDU

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't agree with that. Sheez maybe.
Out of everyone on our list, LDU saw his fair share of unwarranted criticism this season, and most of it unbelievably was to do with his defensive application.

His i50 kicking could use a bit more polish, but **** me, so could our fwd set up and fwds!

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Out of everyone on our list, LDU saw his fair share of unwarranted criticism this season, and most of it unbelievably was to do with his defensive application.

His i50 kicking could use a bit more polish, but **** me, so could our fwd set up and fwds!

This year he learned to play with opposition attention, to block and work for his teammates, had some of the best defensive stats in the comp for a mid and still played great attacking footy.

Unbelievably good year.

This year he learned to play with opposition attention, to block and work for his teammates, had some of the best defensive stats in the comp for a mid and still played great attacking footy.

Unbelievably good year.
Surrounded by >40 game mids and Jy after the bye.

His leadership growth was fantastic and was on display for anyone who cared to notice. Big year of maturation for Luke, and I think there is a ton of room for growth on that front

He is 1 of the linchpins of this rebuild.

Luke's kicking this year was atrocious. He had twice as many inside 50's as anyone else and was one of the worst at it. This is a significant problem for us and stopping him becoming the player he should be.

The issue is his kicking action. Basically, he collapses his body forward when making contact with the ball. He normally has a bit more time and space than others, he should use this to get balanced and straighten his spine.
Hopefully with Harry hangin with LDU and his sprint coach this off season will see them kick the ball around a bit too. Great trade off

He looked to really enjoy kicking 3 goals in a game, can it become a regular rather than rare occurence ?
This is one of his biggest issues. He tries to hard to bring in players forward up the ground to kick it to when he should take it. The amount of time he has been in a position to kick a goal but passes off and it gets intercepted and a turnover is to many.

So could the midfield support around LDU!

A little more support and a little less pressure on his kicking should see better i50 delivery from him.

He's a gun.

So could the midfield support around LDU!

A little more support and a little less pressure on his kicking should see better i50 delivery from him.

He's a gun.
Absolute gun, and in a curious position where he is already elite, but obviously not the polished package yet at 25. Hope his body obliges, because his best is yet to come. (Oh, and he resigns so that we enjoy his absolute peak).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; '24 SBM - congrats LDU

Remove this Banner Ad

Back