Senior 9. Patrick Cripps - 2024 Brownlow Medallist - Dual Winner - Captain Colossus

Remove this Banner Ad

I like how I kept hearing about how he was out on his feet but he just kept soldiering on until he cramped at the final siren.

Need more of that warrior/Judd like mentality.
Absolutely, agree 100%.

And with an aging declining Juddy, having another beast midfielder coming through who wills themselves to every contest is a great thing. Really like what I'm hearing about this kid.

Looking like Rodgers could be our man, early signs of menzel and cripps are very promising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's Cripps marking skills like??
You are not likely to see Cripps jump over anyone to take a speckie any time soon, but he does have a nice pair of hands and decent judgment. Personally I'd like to see more of this, because it means:
(a) we are kicking it to him.
(b) he's likely to be in range of goal.
As has been mentioned earlier in this thread, he uses his body quite well for a young lad. That can only help him in a marking contest. However, at this point he hasn't been in the situation when that has come up very often. The marks I saw in the preseason were basically uncontested, with 2 exceptions.
I have not seen him being significantly out marked as yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like how I kept hearing about how he was out on his feet but he just kept soldiering on until he cramped at the final siren.

Need more of that warrior/Judd like mentality.
You have to give the kid credit. He blew up badly midway through the 3rd quarter & spent time standing on the Pratt Stand wing trying to suck in some big breaths. I thought he was gone, but he just kept on willing himself to contests & he was in agony by the time the final siren sounded. He certainly left nothing out on the park.

Congratulations to the big fella, hope this is the first game of many.
Hope he does his job or whatever task is given to him on Saturday arvo.
Go Blues!

You have to give the kid credit. He blew up badly midway through the 3rd quarter & spent time standing on the Pratt Stand wing trying to suck in some big breaths. I thought he was gone, but he just kept on willing himself to contests & he was in agony by the time the final siren sounded. He certainly left nothing out on the park.
Juddy would be proud.

Congratulations to the big fella, hope this is the first game of many.
Hope he does his job or whatever task is given to him on Saturday arvo.
Go Blues!

He may possibly have a horrid game come Saturday, but this kid along with several others drafted in the past two years are made of the right stuff.
Menzel, Graham, Temay, Cripps and Holman will make you earn your kicks and will be happy to nail you to the turf.

Cripps and Holman already seem somewhat the most powerful. Cripps may just become our smiling assassin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Senior 9. Patrick Cripps - 2024 Brownlow Medallist - Dual Winner - Captain Colossus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back