Senior 9. Patrick Cripps - 2024 Brownlow Medallist - Dual Winner - Captain Colossus

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope it's more 4 years with clauses extending to 6! He's moving around like a 30yo right now... so in his final year when he's 33 how's he going to be moving. God I hope we havn't overpaid.

I must say - while as a team we obviously looked terrible last week - it was nice to see Crippa with zero tape on his shoulders or knee. Promising sign. Maybe I’m clutching at straws looking for ANY positives, but it did stand out to me.

I expect him to transition from midfield to the forwardline in the next few years, and with his size and strength he'll be fine up forward well into his 30's.
Provided he does what he did in his first year, and gets in touch with someone like Plugger or Dunstall, and gets them to develop his goalkicking to the point where he simply never misses.

The only problem with him becoming a CHF/midfielder is the weakness of his goalkicking. He fixes that, the dropoff in his midfield game becomes almost a benefit due to his spending time up forward.

6 years is a sign to me that they're confident his body isn't shot.

Must be carrying something that they believe will get better.

Hopefully Cripps doesn’t feel the need to push himself anymore now that he has put pen to paper, and hopefully we ease off the work load as finals are all but done.

Aim for a big 2022 and onwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 more years! :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Never in doubt!

EaHKeflUYAAjTQ-

Credit to you Aph. You NEVER wavered - always came back to that photo with total confidence. Impressive.

God I hope he figures out what has happened in the last 2 years and fixes it.
Cripps 2019 for 6 years is a triumph.
Cripps 2020-21 for 6 years will effin' kill me.

Many are completely over playing how poor he has been the past 2 seasons, he is still our most important player. He cops the most opposition attention and we brought in a midfielder to support him on $900k who turned up to pre-seaon overweight and has now had to go back to half back.. Additionally he has had to carry the load as our on field leader during a crisis and now external review.. He is doing okay.

Great news but never in doubt really, as the earlier post says.

Has long been suggested he would be a CHF at the end of his career.

I hope it's more 4 years with clauses extending to 6! He's moving around like a 30yo right now... so in his final year when he's 33 how's he going to be moving. God I hope we havn't overpaid.
Don't worry!
The way the game is headed by the time he's 33 the game will be played on a rectangular soccer pitch sized ground. The players will wear padded gear with crash helmets and will ride around on tricycles.

Hopefully Cripps doesn’t feel the need to push himself anymore now that he has put pen to paper, and hopefully we ease off the work load as finals are all but done.

Aim for a big 2022 and onwards.
Give the bloke a few weeks off or put him in for whatever he needs done surgically .... got to be looking to 2022 now

Remove this Banner Ad

Senior 9. Patrick Cripps - 2024 Brownlow Medallist - Dual Winner - Captain Colossus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back