A-League - Round 27: Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory

Remove this Banner Ad

great night out, too many flares for my liking, united supporters didnt cover themselves in glory launching one at Archie after he scored.

Great crowd, would of liked and expected more but they were loud. Love the Victory games, took a mate to his first game and he loved it.

Fair bit of agro, which is amusing to watch but really isnt needed and needs to be reigned in before it gets outta hand

Love how the barrier gap started at one metre and ended up at about fifteen.

I kept thinking how ****ed the cops would have been if all those Victory fans had charged them like what used to happen in the days.

Rapt that my newborn son's first AUFC experience is a win over those utter scumbags.

Wish I could've been there tonight, looked like a cracking atmosphere.

Well in, Ray. I wish I could have been at the game too if it were not for Summer School exams.

Adelaide Oval is a dump for football and should never host another A-League hand again. Surface was shit, and viewing was shit. Like an extra shit version of Etihad. Hindmarsh is much better for football- upgrade it and never play at AO again.

Good game tho- Adelaide dominated the first 15 and could've been two up within that time. Petka back to his shithouse self. Fk him off now he's a massive liability!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who rips flares should be banned for life

Couldn't agree more no matter which club they are from.

No matter the rivalry/hatred between the two clubs we really need to sort this flare shit out, great game last night massive crowd positives for the A League, what is the main focus of the media in Adelaide this morning, flares.

Good result, par crowd for what AUFC would have hoped for, but great atmosphere.

Certainly the fact it became a contest helped with the atmosphere.

I must say there are some things Merrick says at press conferences that really shit me.

This time he said he side had twice as many shots on goal and therefore implied they were unlucky to lose. Well the A-League site had the shots at 7-7, while Foxsports had MV in front 9-6. The guy is delusional.

What a great game. The crowd was right into it for most of the game. Was a bit disappointed in the amount of flares at the game from both sets of fans, but that's Weslo and their "security checks" for you.

Great to score goals without a proper striker. All that's left is to say...

Can you hear the Victory sing? No, no.
Can you hear the Victory sing? No, no.
Can you hear the Victory sing?
Cannae hear a ****ing thing.
Ohhh no no.

All I can hear is Slory diving. :D All up a very entertaining game. Angulo is a gun.

Good result, par crowd for what AUFC would have hoped for, but great atmosphere.

Certainly the fact it became a contest helped with the atmosphere.

I must say there are some things Merrick says at press conferences that really shit me.

This time he said he side had twice as many shots on goal and therefore implied they were unlucky to lose. Well the A-League site had the shots at 7-7, while Foxsports had MV in front 9-6. The guy is delusional.

Wheres that Puddy moron when you need him? 21k to Adelaide Oval & less then 15,000 last night at AAMI for the NAB Derby, lol.

Great result, great atmosphere.

Fantastic to find some form before the finals, and I think in terms of the A-League as a whole, it was a good result, because everyone knows Melbourne are a dangerous side in the finals, and if we bottomed out last night, Wellington would beat us first round no doubt. Having us win last night gives us a finals series with plenty of unpredictability and all sides going in with good form, who said the top 6 wasn't a good intiative? Although it will be shit if Newcastle scrap in, because they have been largely horrendous this season.

The crowd was electric, the battle going on between the Victory and United fans on the hill was intense, who was that Adelaide group? The standard Red Army were up the other end, and I haven't seen a passionate, fiery group at Hindmarsh like the one that was locking horns with the Victory fans.

I'll put the question to Melbourne fans, is this a bigger rivalry than Victory vs Heart? Because based on last night, on and off the field, it will be bloody tough to beat.

I think Victory/Heart and Victory/Sydney are the A-League's money games but at the end of the day Victory/Adelaide is the most intense rivalry for mine and the one I want to win more than any other.

That's not to say I don't want to beat Heart and Sydney on a regular basis, it's just Adelaide sh*t me that much more.

I'll put the question to Melbourne fans, is this a bigger rivalry than Victory vs Heart? Because based on last night, on and off the field, it will be bloody tough to beat.

Close- but no. I think people have been quick to forget how intense those 3 derbies were this year. If there were more on the line in those games AAMI Park & Etihad would've self combusted!

Adelaide v Melbourne rivalry for the last few years has been like Everton v Man U. Adelaide (Everton) HATE Melbourne (Man U) with an absolute passion, whereas due to our dominance Victory have simple enjoyed beating them and don't have the same hatred. Almost bemusement. This may well change given the dynamic certainly has!

And Adelaide fans- PLEASE don't take this as me belittling or trolling you you- have a look at my Avatar- I HATE Man U!!! :p

Great game last night, awesome atmosphere.

Was anyone else sitting in the Chappell stands, when the 'United' started I could believe how loud it was. I lol'd at the "we hate you cos you're victorian" chant started :p, although I was a bit dissapointed that the "you're going home in a barrell" chant didn't start :(

I think that next season or maybe the season after that the Melbourne Derby will be the biggest and most intense match of the season, but right now Victory v Reds is the most intense rivalry in the league bar none.

It's all about history, not just in the A-League although there have been some classic moments in it's short history, but also as a state sporting rivalry. You play any sport in SA and the one game you do not want to lose is against Victoria.

Victoria has always treated us like their little brother and when ever we beat them they get really upset by it. Which has fuelled the rivalry on the Victorian side of things.

I understand there is a big rivalry between NSW and Vic but it just seems from this side of things that Victoria enjoy beating us just that little bit more. And it more than goes the same the other way round.

Remove this Banner Ad

A-League - Round 27: Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back