A Section Amateur Football (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey cuz. if da trend continues, collegians will b relegated afta next yr. first it waz afta st.bedes dey beat ajax in da granny, den uni blacks. bit diff coz they arnt goin up a grade but who knowz??

What language are you speaking? The use of pseudo words such as waz, dey, da and den. who do you think you are? I dare say your not very educated... therefore a St Bedes player?

Interestingly today I noticed that old scotch have advertised on facebook. Pretty strange recruiting drive.
Talk about casting the net far and wide to gain the services of absolutely anyone.
Might explain why a few blokes from the school are now playing for carey.[/quote]

I think you'll find that only Moofa Josephs is the only Scotchie playing down at Dunshea...

If you're thinking of blokes like Cam Smith, Steve Collins etc...these guys are Carey boys that went to OS to play A Grade footy, and came back to help us up the ranks...

You clearly have no idea!

Interestingly today I noticed that old scotch have advertised on facebook. Pretty strange recruiting drive.
Talk about casting the net far and wide to gain the services of absolutely anyone.
Might explain why a few blokes from the school are now playing for carey.[/quote]

I think you'll find that only Moofa Josephs is the only Scotchie playing down at Dunshea...

If you're thinking of blokes like Cam Smith, Steve Collins etc...these guys are Carey boys that went to OS to play A Grade footy, and came back to help us up the ranks...

You clearly have no idea!

Correct me if I am wrong, but did james ross finish at scotch college at the end of 1997 and defect accross to carey. It was purely an example.

Beside the point. Maybe scotch can make facebook their home website...then they can spend their time super poking each other.

Correct me if I am wrong, but did james ross finish at scotch college at the end of 1997 and defect accross to carey. It was purely an example.

Beside the point. Maybe scotch can make facebook their home website...then they can spend their time super poking each other.

Not wrong at all, no need for correction. However, Rossy did not play at all this year.

Maybe you were just targeted by the scotchies on facebook river? Perhaps you and corey worthington could become the next two pronged attack at camberwell. And for what it's worth I reckon the appointment of "bickies" Arnott is a beauty for the lions. One of the real good blokes of ammo footy.

Maybe you were just targeted by the scotchies on facebook river? Perhaps you and corey worthington could become the next two pronged attack at camberwell. And for what it's worth I reckon the appointment of "bickies" Arnott is a beauty for the lions. One of the real good blokes of ammo footy.

Soupsey,

Is he allowed to play when coaching?

Bendigo Football League

Sandhurst Dragons recruiting for 2009.

Excellent facilities, home ground is the QEO - AFL approved surface, team of trainers and sports therapists, only club in the BFL with our own club doctor, some excellent recruits so far with more to announce. Young team with a great social club.

Looking for key position players, but happy to listen to players with other areas of speciality. If you're interested, leave me a message.

Bendigo Football League

Sandhurst Dragons recruiting for 2009.

Excellent facilities, home ground is the QEO - AFL approved surface, team of trainers and sports therapists, only club in the BFL with our own club doctor, some excellent recruits so far with more to announce. Young team with a great social club.

Looking for key position players, but happy to listen to players with other areas of speciality. If you're interested, leave me a message.

ship off country bumpkin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumour has it that 1 or 2 clubs are soon to announce some big name recruits.

Any whispers?

Its December, there are lots of whispers. Very few ever come to fruition.

Some rumours:

Mark Johnson been talked about joining OEG.
Nick Smith rookie listed and delisted by swans to return to camberwell road, Possible return of Michael Rix too.
Charlie Gardiner to OM's

I am wondering if your clubs do stats and what your coaches look for? I have a keen interest in stats and am just curious what your club does in the way of stats? Does it play much of an importance at your club?

Fair call by jogger I thought.
We don't want country bumpkins using this forum to try and poach ammos players!

lets face it, the majority of vafa A&B grade players went to Melbourne private schools for a reason.
why would we want to travel 2 hours every weekend to go to some country bumpkin club?

MrsKenGriffeySnr you are a flog!

it was a totally reasonable comment - these dingbats come and post on our forum and seriously think that your average VAFA player will sat back and say 'yeah, he makes a good point this guy, stuff my club, I'm gonna go and travel 3 hours and play for beer money, I might send him a PM...'

it was a totally reasonable comment - these dingbats come and post on our forum and seriously think that your average VAFA player will sat back and say 'yeah, he makes a good point this guy, stuff my club, I'm gonna go and travel 3 hours and play for beer money, I might send him a PM...'
I agree entirely, Hornet. I think that ultimately it is an extremely unlikely way of recruiting. I would be surprised if anyone ever replied to these recruitment posts.
I still stand by my original comment, however. It is unnecessary to respond to these posts as nobody is ever going to read back through and see what somebody says about them. It is just a stupid reply that lacks any intelligence or thought.
Similarly, on the trott I am impressed by your contribution to this thread. Really thought-provoking stuff....

Lads,
I hope MrsKenGriffey is a chick otherwise we are talking to a TV!!!

It is quite obvious that IT'S allegiance is to country footy, have a look at IT'S post history.

Jogger may be a flog but he's good value as is on the trott, so Ken, take a flying leap and f ark off!!!

Play on lads....

Lads,
I hope MrsKenGriffey is a chick otherwise we are talking to a TV!!!

It is quite obvious that IT'S allegiance is to country footy, have a look at IT'S post history.

Jogger may be a flog but he's good value as is on the trott, so Ken, take a flying leap and f ark off!!!

Play on lads....

Brian Speaking, you are the greatest flog of them all.. but yes, i do agree with you on this one..

lets face it, the majority of vafa A&B grade players went to Melbourne private schools for a reason.
why would we want to travel 2 hours every weekend to go to some country bumpkin club?

Just as an aside - I'm always intrigued by these peanuts who post trying to lure players by claiming their club is "great socially".

The fact that someone writes on public forum (using an anonymous pseudonym) that they've got a "great social club" is hardly likely to tempt blokes to drive for two hours to play footy.

I'm no marketing guru but it might be worth trying to establish a point of difference in the sales pitch.

"Great facilities, strong league and a young club on the way up.
We're a bunch of c*nts - who'll steal your car, try to fight you and r**t your girlfriend. All welcome!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back