A Section Amateur Football (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A Section Amateur Football

Dan.
Sorry about the spelling ???
Considering you got 2 goals from patsy free kicks, dead in front.Two more at the 50 metre line,you did well.
The little blond bloke[umpire] appears to overeact to OEG.We had him a couple of times,seemed like when things got a bit physical it worried him.When the barney started in the Gf, he grabbed the ball, ran about 10 metres where 3 marc blokes were standing,tossed the ball up, what a joke.Another gimy.

OEG were running on empty,played poorely, never got really involved.We played the grand final 2 weeks before, to me that was as good as winning the grand final.

you're kidding arent you? I dont know how winning a first semi can be as good as winning the grind final. Stop trying to kid yourself!

I dont think the umpiring made any difference to the outcome considering OEG were gifted a few goals aswell...

But lets move onto the 09 season as im sure most on this thread don't want to hear bout OEG's rubbish

Yes admittedly OEG were a better side then Marcellin during the season. It will be interesting to see how they compare in 09. Marcellin know we have a long way to go and we know what it takes to play A grade football and we are under no illusion as to our current standing in A grade.

Respect for opposition is something OEG don't have

Dan.
Considering you got 2 goals from patsy free kicks, dead in front.Two more at the 50 metre line,you did well.
The little blond bloke[umpire] appears to overeact to OEG.We had him a couple of times,seemed like when things got a bit physical it worried him.When the barney started in the Gf, he grabbed the ball, ran about 10 metres where 3 marc blokes were standing,tossed the ball up, what a joke.Another gimy.

OEG were running on empty,played poorely, never got really involved.We played the grand final 2 weeks before, to me that was as good as winning the grand final.

Kid Boga,

I have to say that I think we better stop talking about last years GF on this thread as it was not in this grade.

I have to comment on a few things before I go though, in the first quarter you guys recieved 4 x 25 metre penalties. 2 of them which put you 15 metres out from goal. Actually 4 of your 8 goals were from free kicks as well.
AS for the little push and shove in the middle of the ground, Jarrod Carlson was knocked out for head high contact and was rewarded for a free to begin with. It was only that Trent Carlson went over to remonstrate with Biggs. It did not look good on video.
Umpires in all grades regulary give the ball to the team that has the free to start play and try and get the fight broken up that way. It worked and Montagna who recieved the ball was right next to the ump.

I only can comment on this mate as I have watched the DVD.

It was a great game and talking to a few of the OEG boys after they said they were just beaten by a better team on the day. But they were not playing on empty, they had a weeks rest and belted Bernards in a one sided semi. Marcellin played OH who phsically challenged us and then had to play two finals in a row. To say that is cop a out.

Anyway.....OEG will do well in A grade. I have said in a previous post they are a good team with quality players. Its hard for me to comment on OEG as I have had only played them once last year and in the GF. They also have some great blokes in their team and some players I would have on my team anyday.
They will push for finals in first year.

Ron Hitler Barrasi,

From our side of the fence as Super Dal said we are under no illusion of the challenge ahead. We do not want to go up and come straight back down. We have a very evenly balanced team and I dont think I have played in a team with a better backline. That is important as we cannot afford to try and out score teams in A grade. We dont have the fire power.
We will be the youngest team in A grade no doubt but some of the young kids are the Carlsons, Bortlotto's, McLaren, Montagna, Augustine, S. Considine have all played in Under 19's flags, played a year in A grade and now won a flagin B grade. Those players range between 20 -23. We have some 18 -20 as well coming through. I am sure you will recognise most of those names.
We have some good players coming back, mostly Marcellin boys.

Too hard to tell yet but alot of the guys are very keen to get into training and give A grade a real shake.

All I know is I am so glad we get to play on our ground 9 times as there is not many quality ovals in A grade. We leave behind Old Carey and Junction. Plus Trinity have gone back down.

Gerta is gonna be a massive pick up for who ever gets him, and tucker just a loan inquiry mate.

Dan.

I can assure everyone that the thoughts of KB do not represent those of the club or players. What happened wasn't good enough and we were all shattered at the result, A Section or not.

We've retained a full list from last season with a few impressive signings to be announced in the next fortnight from QAFL, VFL and AFL. Huge step up for the club and we look forward to the challenge.

Kid Boga,

I have to say that I think we better stop talking about last years GF on this thread as it was not in this grade.

I have to comment on a few things before I go though, in the first quarter you guys recieved 4 x 25 metre penalties. 2 of them which put you 15 metres out from goal. Actually 4 of your 8 goals were from free kicks as well.
AS for the little push and shove in the middle of the ground, Jarrod Carlson was knocked out for head high contact and was rewarded for a free to begin with. It was only that Trent Carlson went over to remonstrate with Biggs. It did not look good on video.
Umpires in all grades regulary give the ball to the team that has the free to start play and try and get the fight broken up that way. It worked and Montagna who recieved the ball was right next to the ump.

It was a great game and talking to a few of the OEG boys after they said they were just beaten by a better team on the day. But they were not playing on empty, they had a weeks rest and belted Bernards in a one sided semi. Marcellin played OH who phsically challenged us and then had to play two finals in a row. To say that is cop a out.

Anyway.....OEG will do well in A grade. I have said in a previous post they are a good team with quality players. Its hard for me to comment on OEG as I have had only played them once last year and in the GF. They also have some great blokes in their team and some players I would have on my team anyday.

Ron Hitler Barrasi,

From our side of the fence as Super Dal said we are under no illusion of the challenge ahead. We do not want to go up and come straight back down. We have a very evenly balanced team and I dont think I have played in a team with a better backline. That is important as we cannot afford to try and out score teams in A grade. We dont have the fire power.
We will be the youngest team in A grade no doubt but some of the young kids are the Carlsons, Bortlotto's, McLaren, Montagna, Augustine, S. Considine have all played in Under 19's flags, played a year in A grade and now won a flagin B grade. Those players range between 20 -23. We have some 18 -20 as well coming through. I am sure you will recognise most of those names.

Too hard to tell yet but alot of the guys are very keen to get into training and give A grade a real shake.

All I know is I am so glad we get to play on our ground 9 times as there is not many quality ovals in A grade. We leave behind Old Carey and Junction. Plus Trinity have gone back down.

Gerta is gonna be a massive pick up for who ever gets him, and tucker just a loan inquiry mate.

Your post's are far to long and very boring Dan.

Great news for all involved in the VAFA and especially St Bedes/Mentone Tigers with triple premiership coach Luke Beveridge today appointed assistant coach to Mick Malthouse at Collingwood.

I believe another former ammo coach in Dale Tapping will take over the coaching role of the Sandringham Dragons which Bevo filled for a couple of weeks.
Congrats Bevo, outstanding.

Kid Boga,

Ron Hitler Barrasi,

Handles can you advise Dan about trimming up his posts!!
There nearly as long as his waist measurement?

Handles can you advise Dan about trimming up his posts!!
There nearly as long as his waist measurement?

The long post was due to your incorrect and bias opinion of the GF. Needed to shut you down. Plus how do you feel?? Someone has already written in as said you do not speak on behalf of the club!! Goes to show your obvious creditability at the place. (Maybe OEG wanted to win the GF and their semi was not their final - what a surprise.)

By the way Kid, have lost a few due to carrying around this premiership medallion the last month!

Gas Mask, someone asked me about my opinion on how we would go in A grade and I told them.
You are striking a strong resemblance to Handles from B grade. Both direct all your posts at me, both use your originality and make fat jokes and both have not made a valuable contribution to the discussion of Amateur football at all.
90% of people on these threads make good posts and great discussion topics, I suggest if you have it in you, try and do the same.
If you are too illiterate or lack the brain cells to write a long post I apolgise.

Bag my footy, bag my weight, bag my personality and bag my reputation at the club it just makes for a great chuckle and success all more the sweeter! Handles went very very quiet after last years GF!!

Gas, I look forward to more educated and in lighting discussions with you this year!

Daniel,
for some reason I read all of your posts so can you please do me a favour? You guys won the B SECTION flag this year and re participating in A SECTION next year, we arent playing in Grades, thats for feral leagues like the EDFL.
Thanks and I look forward to having a beer with you soon.

footy chat hey....

Apparantly the Lonie twins are definatly playing at Collegians, knocked back $20k each at Karingal to commit to them! Not sure if the Lonie's are the answer from watching the grand final though.

Old Brighton have secured Gertsman (Old Scotch) and David Spriggs (Port Melbourne). Gerta apparantly would never return to Scotch, reckons they are w***ers. Spriggs is a good get, Beaumaris will be livid at not getting him back. he was a St Bogan wasn't he?

Scotch all over the G Train again, not sure if there is any basis to that though. Maybe also in talks with Ferguson from St Kilda / Melbourne, not sure where he played last year though.

Xavs got Colbert back for sure, committed over a beer recently.

And because it doesn't get old...... the bogans were seen running a sausage sizzle down at centrelink trying to attract new players & supporters!

anyone else with news??

From what I was told regarding the Lonie boys, Ryan doesnt want to have anything to do with Football this year he was approached by another team (not collegians) and expressed that he wanted a year away from it all. I am sure they would be welcomed with open arms by the lad down at the purple and gold and a good addition to the team.

Everything you said there I agree with gobble! bar the flag favorites and buckley heading to tigers... those guys have been trying to get him down for a few years now! it's never going to happen...

I've also heard lawrence isn't too happy down at scotch town and might be taking a break?

not sure about the job at BGS for gerta as it wasn't tee'd up buy OB so I think the normal process of job application is going through... but i guess thats his business! He knows quite a few of the senior players at OB from what I understand, old school buddies so thats a reason he might be heading there..

have heard a few other names been dropped, but its very early so not going to count the chickens..

can i ask gobble, what club are you associated too? or are you just an observer that has a "love for the game"....

im associated with the VAFAUA, Luke Holmes is my favourite coz he party's hard and is really good on the dancefloor! i also have a soft spot for the tonners, unlucky not to be premiers this year

is lawrence still up on charges? which charges i hear you say.... there's a few to choose from. no more charges, no more scotch.

matt and phil smith, dueling ruckmen, with gerta down forward, there wouldn't be much change from 100 pieces of KFC chicken right there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The long post was due to your incorrect and bias opinion of the GF. Needed to shut you down. Plus how do you feel?? Someone has already written in as said you do not speak on behalf of the club!! Goes to show your obvious creditability at the place. (Maybe OEG wanted to win the GF and their semi was not their final - what a surprise.)

By the way Kid, have lost a few due to carrying around this premiership medallion the last month!

Gas Mask, someone asked me about my opinion on how we would go in A grade and I told them.
You are striking a strong resemblance to Handles from B grade. Both direct all your posts at me, both use your originality and make fat jokes and both have not made a valuable contribution to the discussion of Amateur football at all.
90% of people on these threads make good posts and great discussion topics, I suggest if you have it in you, try and do the same.
If you are too illiterate or lack the brain cells to write a long post I apolgise.

Bag my footy, bag my weight, bag my personality and bag my reputation at the club it just makes for a great chuckle and success all more the sweeter! Handles went very very quiet after last years GF!!

Gas, I look forward to more educated and in lighting discussions with you this year!

Dan,
I promise no more fat jokes at your expense.Handles is the cause of my posts going in this direction.
The reason I posted about the B section GF was to get a bit of debate of any sort going.Things have been pretty dull with the same old posters who think they run the show.
A section for both clubs will be great, lets hope it is productive and rewarding.
A word of advice comparing interlect etc[brain cells] you could get egg all over your skinny / drawn face.I could be a great brain surgeon or a homeless washed up football hero of days gone bye.We all start with the same number of cells however some of us do not use them as they could.
I enjoy every minute of your posts and all posts for that matter.Never take me too seriously, its a great amo game.

im associated with the VAFAUA, Luke Holmes is my favourite coz he party's hard and is really good on the dancefloor! i also have a soft spot for the tonners, unlucky not to be premiers this year

is lawrence still up on charges? which charges i hear you say.... there's a few to choose from. no more charges, no more scotch.

matt and phil smith, dueling ruckmen, with gerta down forward, there wouldn't be much change from 100 pieces of KFC chicken right there.

If you like holmesy Gobble, you will like this
http://www.vafaua.asn.au/diary08_lukeholmes.html

How would you guys on BigFooty rate Michael Hazell's performance in the A Section Grand Final for St Bedes Mentone Tigers?

The sooner this peanut realises that football is not about the umpires the better for all involved!

agreed... OMG how can this bloke write this CRAP and take himself seriously!?!? seen him umpire and not impressed, matter of fact he spoilt the game i saw... talks himself up or what! ony one word....

W A N K E R

agreed... OMG how can this bloke write this CRAP and take himself seriously!?!? seen him umpire and not impressed, matter of fact he spoilt the game i saw... talks himself up or what! ony one word....

W A N K E R
I personally dont think after wasting my time reading that load of dribble that any umpire should be commenting on supposed reportable incidents on a pubic forum . Coaches and clubs would face penalties if they criticised the umpire in question on a similar forum.

While it might've been a good idea to do a diary once, if I was the umpires coach, I'd best advise the umpires not to do a diary again, because there might be some clubs (or players) who might be upset about certain on-field incidents that happened which the umpire in question thought was reportable, and also not to criticise the way a certain team played in the game.

The umpire in question thought it was accidental at the time, and said so twice.

He may be a little rodent, but he's a totally honest little rodent with the balls to say exactly what happened without trying to make himself out to be a hero or to put a spin on things.

I think a lot of players and coaches have had their eyes opened a bit this year by the VAFAUA website - either exploding or confirming prejudices!

I agree - it's best that umpires use forums such as Big Footy to criticise the way some clubs are run, coaches operate, or players play.

Works for the rest of us. :D

I personally dont think after wasting my time reading that load of dribble that any umpire should be commenting on supposed reportable incidents on a pubic forum . Coaches and clubs would face penalties if they criticised the umpire in question on a similar forum.

Good to see handles back.
Dont start me on umpires.I know its a hard job however they must become more player friendly and not appear too dictortorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back