A Section Amateur Football (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collegians team news:
Heard last night from a mate Fergus Watts is playing tomorrow, starting on the bench.
Also one of their best teams in all year.

Junction Lover and On the Trott, often pays to not talk up the team prior to the match, if this is there best side and they lost to OS doesn't really look good moving forward haha, OC = bunch of soft **** pretenders

i went to the de la vs. brighton game and brighton were a disgrace.. they genuinely looked like they didn't give a shit.. were you missing many players? because the players out there didn't even look the part.. all pudgy n odd looking.. i think most of the players would agree that was the worst game they have ever played in - otherwise they are just shit.. de la on the other hand were fast, clean and polished and the next 2 games will show if they are good enough this year... especially the xavier game as they look like they have hit their straps with trouncing of all opponents since their loss.

i've only been watching A section ammos for 2 years and on saturday the league ceo went to watch the game. what i noticed was that it looked like he had a few brown nosing yes men following him around like loyal puppies. it was as if royalty were present!! is this normal or was it just my naive interpretation?

in breaking amature news Brett Collins will miss this weeks game due a rare conditions he picked up whenn recieving btreatment for his hair! the glue he applies to his scalp each time he puts on the mop has effected his balance and so he can not stand for long periods of time which would mean he would have to spend most of the game on the bench!

What is the obsession with Bert Collins from some of us at Beauy and even worse Old Mentonians. You all sound like you wanna give him one!!!

Great footballer and great kid but I think its time to give it a rest.

Tigers score line of 14.29 (10.18 after half-time) belies where they are at.

With an average 33 scoring shots/game this year (OX & De La are around 27/game) they are wasting opportunities in front of goal which will be critical next week against a much stronger and more accountable De La.

I'm sure the lights will be on late at Brindisi this week with massive emphasis on goal kicking. If they accept a 35% goal conversion on their home patch next week they can say goodbye to the double chance at years end.

Gentlemen,

I went to watch De La Vs. Old Brighton on the weekend. Boy, are De La good!!! It was not Brighton's best day and they looked to have a few of their stars out.

I think they would like their chances against any opposition based on the way they played. They keep it pretty simple and run in waves from the backline and from stoppages. I just wonder whether their high pace, momentum-based football will stand up in a big game against heavier bodies who will force turnovers.

Whoever can beat them will have to be at their best and catch De La on an off day. Based on last week's game, they deserve to be flag favourites in my opinion, with Xavs and St Bedes fighting it out for the other grand final spot.

It's a log-jam in the middle of the table. Who are your thoughts on who will grab the fourth spot in the finals?

Gentlemen,

I went to watch De La Vs. Old Brighton on the weekend. Boy, are De La good!!! It was not Brighton's best day and they looked to have a few of their stars out.

I think they would like their chances against any opposition based on the way they played. They keep it pretty simple and run in waves from the backline and from stoppages. I just wonder whether their high pace, momentum-based football will stand up in a big game against heavier bodies who will force turnovers.

Whoever can beat them will have to be at their best and catch De La on an off day. Based on last week's game, they deserve to be flag favourites in my opinion, with Xavs and St Bedes fighting it out for the other grand final spot.

It's a log-jam in the middle of the table. Who are your thoughts on who will grab the fourth spot in the finals?

Yes, De La are good.

Not sure about Brighton having stars out. Looked like they were all playing.

How good is Phillips? he's a gun

De La won't finish in the 4

You must be talking about a different team. De La will cream everyone this year based on their performance last week and the first half of the year.

They would have to seriously stuff things up if they were to miss the finals. I suppose because they are very young and are playing with freedom that youth brings, that they may get too far ahead of themselves or panic when the real heat is on.

But I still think they are flag favourites based on their performance last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gentlemen,

although saturday was impressive that statement was outrageous - flag favourites are definetely xavier and/or bedes (depending who you ask) and then i'd say de la third.. i think you would find no one in the comp, especially at de la, making such a stupid claim!!!

a0908.gif

Well done to those who picked 5, it was a good week to have off as the absentee picked up 3!

2:00 PM
Sat 20/Jun

Brighton Beach Oval

OLD BRIGHTON
vs
OLD IVANHOE
Tonners to hit back hard by 28.

Sat 20/Jun

Brindisi St Oval

ST BEDES/MENTONE TIGERS

vs
DE LA SALLE

Tiges to kick straight and show their class in the clash of The Lasellians. 33 Points.
Sat 20/Jun

UNI BLUES

vs
OLD SCOTCH

Blues just at the Pavvy by 16

OLD XAVS
vs
COLLEGIANS

Xavs purring at the moment by 38

MARCELLIN just to put a gap between them and relegation, 22 points.
vs
OLD ESSENDON

The lid is being kept on nice and tight down at De La, as it should on this forum. While they have got off to a very nice start the next 2 weeks will be the key to see if they gat a double chance or even make the 4.

Looking at the 2's results depth may be an issue if they receive a couple of big injuries, already this season Mannix, Shields and Harrison have missed a number of games.

The boys from St Bedes will win this week as De La have a stinking record at that ground, Xavs will be hungry for blood after round 1.

Overall prediction De La to finish second at the end of the home and away

OE and OI gone.

What is the obsession with Bert Collins from some of us at Beauy and even worse Old Mentonians. You all sound like you wanna give him one!!!

Great footballer and great kid but I think its time to give it a rest.
Mate who ever you are you must be jealous of brett collins simply because you are and have never been as good as him! Brett himself is about to be inducted into the vafa hall of fame for his service to footy!
Good work Brett keep putting your best foot foward!

We ended up giving the Golden Eagles a bit of a touch up.

Finals scores SBMT 14.29.113 to Marcellin 7.6.48

Wasn't much in it for most of the first three quarters. The Tigers were a bit wasteful and lazy in the first half, and Marcellin played some good team footy which kept them in the game. A couple of third quarter goals to BF's own Daryl Cullinan gave the Eagles a sniff, but from then on it was all SBMT.

The key was the move of Bert Collins to the forward line. He was already close to BOG in the first half, but 4 goals in the second (including a ripper from the boundary in the dying minutes) sealed the 3 votes for him and the game for SBMT.

can anyone tell me if it is true that brett collins was seen at the beach after dark guiding a ship into the shore that apparently contained 21 gold medallions that brett had made up to celerbrate there back 2 back flags in A Grade and four in a row! The dove is slowly coming together and a gold one has been put on order in a few years to come!
Hopefully the old timer is still running around at that time!
In the end, Marcellin just didn't have the stamina to withstand the physical pressure that was applied all afternoon, and looked a very tired team at the finish. Still, they had a real crack and I rate them a chance to stay up.

Anyone who follows A Section is well aware of St Bedes issues with innacuracy in front of goals, and it was there for all to see again today. It cost them against Brighton in the last quarter, and also caused the game against Xavs to slip a week later, so they really do need to do something about it. Still, it was a convincing win, and one that sets up a huge clash with De La Salle next week at Brindisi.

can anyone tell me if it is true that brett collins was seen at the beach after dark guiding a ship into the shore that apparently contained 21 gold medallions that brett had made up to celerbrate there back 2 back flags in A Grade and four in a row! The dove is slowly coming together and a gold one has been put on order in a few years to come!

Spot on there round up,However after last weeks performance of 14.29. St bedes mite have go back to having more shots on goal at training then they can start putting medalions around their necks.

Baz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back