A Section A Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're having a laugh aren't you?

Fergus would be the most team oriented player at collegians... I think you will find he gets upset when his team mates continue to pass it to him when he is being triple teamed. He would much rather them spot up another target that is not 3 on 1. So yeh he may carry on at times (mostly that is because of the rough go he gets from the men in white week in week out) but it has nothing to do with him being selfish... quite the opposite really.

Yes those 2 boys mentioned earlier will be tough to cover but there are a few other key players expected to return in the coming weeks, so don't write the lions off just yet.

Is one of the guys returning an old man who had 12 career hit outs in his time at swans/geelong?
Just ask leigh!

So yeh he may carry on at times (mostly that is because of the rough go he gets from the men in white week in week out)

What an absolute load.

The only time I've seen him get a bit miffed was when Brighton were stealing the ball from lots of stupid turnovers at half forward, while he was sitting like a shag on a rock in the goal square. Quite understandable and nothing to do with umps whatsoever. He cured that by dropping back to half forward flank himself. Certainly nothing like Richo's dummy spits.

Or did I miss some serious dramas on the weekend?

you're having a laugh aren't you?

Fergus would be the most team oriented player at collegians... I think you will find he gets upset when his team mates continue to pass it to him when he is being triple teamed. He would much rather them spot up another target that is not 3 on 1. So yeh he may carry on at times (mostly that is because of the rough go he gets from the men in white week in week out) but it has nothing to do with him being selfish... quite the opposite really.

Yes those 2 boys mentioned earlier will be tough to cover but there are a few other key players expected to return in the coming weeks, so don't write the lions off just yet.

Having a laugh, yes I am. Your kidding yourself if you think the big ferg burger doesn't have a crack at his own team mates if they do not spot him up or the delivery is not up to scratch. Its a shocking thing for any player to do to his own team mates. St Bernards used to do it all the time, and when it started you knew you had them beat!!!!!

It also has nothing to do with the umpires, although he often winges to them as well.

Don't stoop down to the posters levels and make both personal and umpire excuses. Not doing any justice to yourself.

Definately not writing off the lions. Long way to go yet.

Daryl Timms made a mention of the Luke McNicholas case which resulted in McNicholas copping a 2 game ban plus a 5 game 'community service' order, which comes into effect this week. It was in Monday's Herald Sun.

Bored Housewife reviews the A Grade Website Commentary

After 10 round I have been sitting home dwelling over the passing of Desparate Housewifes, Grey;'s and Brothers and Sisters. What is a bored housewife to do. Read A Grade Clubs websites1

OX claims that behind www.vafa.com.au their site is the most important and best read website in the world. They are not far from the truth. Mr. Chips and the Sheik are incitefull and at times anti pushing OX's players to the for, except in the recent state game where they gave the best on ground to all the OX players (best thing written on any web site this year). They will pay compliments when warranted, and will critise their own again when warranted. Most Ammo slang appears to eminate from this site. Dairy Bell, Hedgeburners, Pine Lodge etc

De La. (Colin Glover) Writes with unabashed bias towards their club, rarely mentioning players from the opposition. Never detrimental to the opposition. Normally an accurate picture of the games proceedings seen from the De la perspective. Can be a little slow if they have had a loss, but they contribute none the less.

OI. I little late, but usually a well written piece, that gives a fair persective (somewhat taited with brown) of the preceeding games. Ends up with as much commentary about the games as what happens off the field.

OT. Like my Caeser salad, light and a little lacking in taste or volume. Usually leaves with some words of wisdom for the faithful

St. Bedes Unlike the boasting on this site, the commentary is rationale fair and logical. Who'd think.

Coll See St. Bedes

U Blues Lacking depth of a good red, and a little slow after a loss.

U Blacks I thought after their first win they would have a report. Schools holidays may have come early for the Blacks scribe. Prior to that, they had been offering well written inciteful articles with a black flavour. Hopefully school holidays finishes soon.

OB. Where do I start. If OB wrote on Bigfooty what they write (including audio) on their web site, St.Be and Coll would be seen as accurate and unbiased. Take their current review of their "Shock Loss" to the browns. Excusses excusses and more b l o o d y excusses. They write a whole article on a reserve grade umpire (M Sholly - Letter to follow?), then follow it up with an Audio commentry from buffon calling himself the Benchwarmer (aka Mr Excusses). If a club was every going to ammunition for the forthcoming game against OB, read their website its provides enough to win WWII. Go St Bedes.

For a club that was spent a total of 5 years in A grade in their history, they seem to have a lot to say for little return. Take some decorum leasons from some of the new boys St Be and Browns.

It is great that clubs spend the time on their sites and it makes for great reading and gives me something to do between Bold Beautiful and washing the spuds for the weekly roast.

Maxine Leader

OS over St Bedes - Every team has a bogey side, i think the scotchies are the tigers kryptonite.
Take it to the bank.

picard_data.jpg

Data: Yes, Captain?
Picard: Make it so!

a0810.gif

Hater in equal second? Words fail me.

Having a laugh, yes I am. Your kidding yourself if you think the big ferg burger doesn't have a crack at his own team mates if they do not spot him up or the delivery is not up to scratch. Its a shocking thing for any player to do to his own team mates. St Bernards used to do it all the time, and when it started you knew you had them beat!!!!!

It also has nothing to do with the umpires, although he often winges to them as well.

Don't stoop down to the posters levels and make both personal and umpire excuses. Not doing any justice to yourself.

Definately not writing off the lions. Long way to go yet.

Mate, I am one of his team mates and i am telling you that while i am sure he does get frustrated with poor delivery at times he certainly doesn't spray his team mates for it. He gets more frustrated when we continue to look for him when he is being triple teamed as i said earlier. I take your point about knowing you've got a team beat when their players start berating each other but you are way off the mark with ferg, any criticisms he has are constructive and delivered at an appropriate time and in an appropriate way.

I am not making excuses I am telling you the reasons for his frustrations.

Bored Housewife reviews the A Grade Website Commentary

After 10 round I have been sitting home dwelling over the passing of Desparate Housewifes, Grey;'s and Brothers and Sisters. What is a bored housewife to do. Read A Grade Clubs websites1

OX claims that behind www.vafa.com.au their site is the most important and best read website in the world. They are not far from the truth. Mr. Chips and the Sheik are incitefull and at times anti pushing OX's players to the for, except in the recent state game where they gave the best on ground to all the OX players (best thing written on any web site this year). They will pay compliments when warranted, and will critise their own again when warranted. Most Ammo slang appears to eminate from this site. Dairy Bell, Hedgeburners, Pine Lodge etc

De La. (Colin Glover) Writes with unabashed bias towards their club, rarely mentioning players from the opposition. Never detrimental to the opposition. Normally an accurate picture of the games proceedings seen from the De la perspective. Can be a little slow if they have had a loss, but they contribute none the less.

OI. I little late, but usually a well written piece, that gives a fair persective (somewhat taited with brown) of the preceeding games. Ends up with as much commentary about the games as what happens off the field.

OT. Like my Caeser salad, light and a little lacking in taste or volume. Usually leaves with some words of wisdom for the faithful

St. Bedes Unlike the boasting on this site, the commentary is rationale fair and logical. Who'd think.

Coll See St. Bedes

U Blues Lacking depth of a good red, and a little slow after a loss.

U Blacks I thought after their first win they would have a report. Schools holidays may have come early for the Blacks scribe. Prior to that, they had been offering well written inciteful articles with a black flavour. Hopefully school holidays finishes soon.

OB. Where do I start. If OB wrote on Bigfooty what they write (including audio) on their web site, St.Be and Coll would be seen as accurate and unbiased. Take their current review of their "Shock Loss" to the browns. Excusses excusses and more b l o o d y excusses. They write a whole article on a reserve grade umpire (M Sholly - Letter to follow?), then follow it up with an Audio commentry from buffon calling himself the Benchwarmer (aka Mr Excusses). If a club was every going to ammunition for the forthcoming game against OB, read their website its provides enough to win WWII. Go St Bedes.

For a club that was spent a total of 5 years in A grade in their history, they seem to have a lot to say for little return. Take some decorum leasons from some of the new boys St Be and Browns.

It is great that clubs spend the time on their sites and it makes for great reading and gives me something to do between Bold Beautiful and washing the spuds for the weekly roast.

Maxine Leader

bit hung up on OB maxine? what do chicks know anyway hey...

personally i think its entertaining.. obviously its bias, its not the sydney morning herald..
if every club website ran the same unbiased rubbish you might as well just have the single vafa site... as for the benchwarmer, if you dont like it, don't listen to it! there is a "warning" for thin skinned people like yourself there..

If the truth hurts, and you don’t support the Boys from the Beach, don’t bother clicking this section. Only the tough,
hard Red and Blue hearts can cop this. Historically, The Benchwarmer is steeped in prejudice against anything brown,
green and remotely North. We kick the cat after a hard day, gloat in victory and rub sea-salt into visitors’ wounds. No
good complaining. Cop it sweet. The Benchwarmer worships all things artistic, magical and centred between the major
erections for them. If you came to Beach Rd and got hammered, seek penance and try again. If you knocked us off,
the Benchwarmer will kick your balls until the seams split. You’ve been warned! The next five minutes will hurt somebody
…for them.

we try and pump up games as much we can and add a little spite where possible to try and get a crowd down and make for entertaining footy each week... so stop your whinging.. if you need to look at a web-stie for "ammunition" you're not going to get far..

next thing you know you'll be claiming posts from BigFooty as ammo... "Punch From Behind said this... lets smash 'em.."

anyway, back to footy..

collegians might be a little worried coming into their game this weekend.. OI are in pretty good touch, lost to scotch by only 9 points, then kicked 9.18 against st bedes on a big running ground after being up at 3qtr time but then lose, beat uni away and then beat brighton at home...

massive possibility for the crumbles to have 3 losses in a row here... especially if its wet.. hope the grounds-keeper doesn't screw up the timer on the sprinklers again!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just noticed this on the VAFA site. Must have been a pretty handy spray, can anyone enlighten us? Also it should be noted this game was played at Scotch College after the school firsts game, I imagine there would have been a fair crowd witness it, both young and old.

Results of Investigation Hearings – June 24, 2008
Old Xaverians charged with conduct unbecoming in that during their senior game against Old Scotch on June 14 the Old Xaverians coach, Simon Lethlean did allegedly use abusive language towards Umpire Koffman.
Charge proven. Simon Lethlean to write a letter of apology to the umpire and to the VAFAUA prior to coaching the side in his next available match in 2008.
Investigation panel will advise AFCA/VAFA through the VAFA of this penalty.
Club fined $500 and a further bond of $2000 for the coach to be of good behavior for the remainder of the 2008 season

bit hung up on OB maxine? what do chicks know anyway hey...

personally i think its entertaining.. obviously its bias, its not the sydney morning herald..
if every club website ran the same unbiased rubbish you might as well just have the single vafa site... as for the benchwarmer, if you dont like it, don't listen to it! there is a "warning" for thin skinned people like yourself there..

we try and pump up games as much we can and add a little spite where possible to try and get a crowd down and make for entertaining footy each week... so stop your whinging.. if you need to look at a web-stie for "ammunition" you're not going to get far..

next thing you know you'll be claiming posts from BigFooty as ammo... "Punch From Behind said this... lets smash 'em.."
The Benchwarmer is an amateur sensation, he puts imposters like The Sheik to shame! Has been doing his best work for around 10 years, to the point where most VAFA lovers would call a number on Mondays to listen to his excellence of elocution.

Results of Investigation Hearings – June 24, 2008
Old Xaverians charged with conduct unbecoming in that during their senior game against Old Scotch on June 14 the Old Xaverians coach, Simon Lethlean did allegedly use abusive language towards Umpire Koffman.
Charge proven. Simon Lethlean to write a letter of apology to the umpire and to the VAFAUA prior to coaching the side in his next available match in 2008.
Investigation panel will advise AFCA/VAFA through the VAFA of this penalty.
Club fined $500 and a further bond of $2000 for the coach to be of good behavior for the remainder of the 2008 season

No community service?

No community service?

Warranted and balanced feedback to umpire Koffman who clearly had an agenda. In over a decade I have never seen more than 4-5 over rules by the non officiating umpire. This peanut produced about 8. Also in over 200 games as a player/state rep, I've never seen Leathers gob off to an umpire. Tells us plenty I'd have thought. Let's hope this moron is umpiring in the junior levels from now on where being over officious sometimes works to keep the young guys in check.

I have heard on the grapevine that Brett Collins will be transferring to Beaumaris before the 30 june deadline.

Is this the case? would be shattering for St.Bedes as he has played all of his junior football there.

Not sure why he would be interested in joining a club that will be pushed back to C grade next year

I have heard on the grapevine that Brett Collins will be transferring to Beaumaris before the 30 june deadline.

Is this the case? would be shattering for St.Bedes as he has played all of his junior football there.

Not sure why he would be interested in joining a club that will be pushed back to C grade next year

Can guarantee that there is absolutely no chance of this happening. Is mates with some of the boys from Beauy who are also mates with a lot of our guys but thats as far as it goes. Is out injured at the moment and is raring to get back in a few weeks once his foot comes good.

Pretty rare than an Old Xav person gets found guilty of anything at all.....

Kaufman is easily the worst umpire in the land.

When does this waste of time u/23 team get announced? Haven't they been pounded by S.A the last few times they have played?

SharkBait you are kidding yourself burt collins will be at st bedes. Not even the great man himself could save Beauy at the moment..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back