A Section A Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
will be played at the Junction Oval, not Sportscover Arena. Is this a sign that maybe Sportscover Arena's time as a major VAFA venue is up?
Old news Jase. Given the state of the ground (five games were played on it this weekend), its hardly surprising they have chosen elsewhere.

The decision was made a couple of weeks ago, it was apparent the ground would not recover in time for the rep game.

Scotch belted them. i went down as a spectator, and was blown away both on and off the field.
the wind was howling and the final score
Scotch 12-25-97 def Uni Blacks 8-9-57 (or something close to it)
Scotch should have won by 15-20 goals with the amount of possession they had. the wind played havoc with the skills.
But Blacks were ordinary. No Pask or Costello and it showed
Scotch lost 2 players as well to hamstrings. including their ruckman in the first 10 minutes or so so they had a makeshift set up nearly all day. and they still won very easily.

Top 4 teams all very very close, the draw with Blacks could prove very handy for the Scotchies later on in the year as they do not have the best percentage.

Xav's keep rolling on! anyone see OI and Coll? apparently OI were 20 points up at 3/4 time

Top 4 teams all very very close, the draw with Blacks could prove very handy for the Scotchies later on in the year as they do not have the best percentage.

Xav's keep rolling on! anyone see OI and Coll? apparently OI were 20 points up at 3/4 time

20 Points up at Half Time, scores were level at 3/4 time with OI having the wind in the last quarter...

OTs keep themselves afloat with a rare win over Blues. Must say it brought a smile to the dial, but one wonders how many College/country kids are in the current Blues' senior line-up? Must have had a few big outs I'd venture.

what are you talking about max? listening to the benchwarmer your favorite part of the week?

good for you old son!

After the removal of the Coyboys summary of the Reserves game against OI at the insistance of the President of OB (coz he received a nasty call). The whole tone of of the Website has changed. Benchwarmer was more considered in his comments (still had a dig at the powers for the removal of the reserves match report). he spent more time talking about 1976 than the flogging they received at the hands of the Brindisi boys.

Agreed I have no life. My Blackberry notifies me when the Benchwarmer uploads his weekly summary.

a0811.gif

Getting rather close... one or two upsets can change the table significantly!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interseting move that one - no doubt Collegians won't be too happy, they did well to get him after he had committed to Franston in the VFL in the first place.

Whilst we are on clearances - whats' the go with all the movement between Old Geelong and Uni Blacks? Am I missing somethinghere but there are a lot of them on the ammos webiste.

Any new on why Damiem Adtkins left Collegians to play up the country?

He has not left Collegians, he was granted a one week permit to play with a team in the country over the queens birthday weekend. He then missed the xavs match but he played againist ivanhoe on the weekend and will be playing with the lions for the rest of the season.

He has not left Collegians, he was granted a one week permit to play with a team in the country over the queens birthday weekend. He then missed the xavs match but he played againist ivanhoe on the weekend and will be playing with the lions for the rest of the season.

weird... So he doesn't need a "reverse" clearance due to specifying the 1 week thing?

Does that mean if you need a bit of extra cash you can go to the vafa and ask for a clearance for X amount of weeks to earn a few pineapples then just come back once the X amount of weeks are up?

weird... So he doesn't need a "reverse" clearance due to specifying the 1 week thing?

Does that mean if you need a bit of extra cash you can go to the vafa and ask for a clearance for X amount of weeks to earn a few pineapples then just come back once the X amount of weeks are up?

This one is interesting! I think we have a can of worms in front of us.
Can you now swap teams, leagues mid season? Makes a mockery of the reinstatement proceedures! And what if he was reported? Wouldn't mind borrowing a player or two for a big game?
Can of worms officially opened.

This one is interesting! I think we have a can of worms in front of us.
Can you now swap teams, leagues mid season? Makes a mockery of the reinstatement proceedures! And what if he was reported? Wouldn't mind borrowing a player or two for a big game?
Can of worms officially opened.

I can see your concern, but is it not somewhat the same as players getting a clearance from VFL to play VAFA? VFL players get paid and I've never heard people having a problem with that.

I think this only really happens when you have a VAFA bye and players return home to the country to play. Or as in one case I'm aware of a player playing in Qld got a clearance for a week to play VAFA for his old club during a QAFL bye when he came down to visit family and mates.

Obviously suspensions carry accross all leagues...

If he played last Saturday, I can't find his name on the 1s or 2s team list. He's got no season record against his name on the players' stats. So looks as if he has been deleted. Whether he has come back and reregistered before 30June I don't know, as the clearances section appears incomplete.

I can see your concern, but is it not somewhat the same as players getting a clearance from VFL to play VAFA? VFL players get paid and I've never heard people having a problem with that.

I think this only really happens when you have a VAFA bye and players return home to the country to play. Or as in one case I'm aware of a player playing in Qld got a clearance for a week to play VAFA for his old club during a QAFL bye when he came down to visit family and mates.

Surprise! An excellent post. It seems that Big Footy is dying a slow death across all VAFA threads. Some of the frequent quality posters have dropped right off. They post to keep their hand in, but even those like Brian Speaking seem to be slowly slipping away. The question to you all...............Is this good for VAFA football or not? Or will the six of you find something else to do?

Yes Flaherty from PEGS vs. SKOB last year. Came back for a week kicked 6 and pissed off back to QLD. Jeremy Bourke doesn't have a problem with it as it is within the rules

I was just posing the question.

Can someone get a clearance for X amount of weeks?

Is there a rule stating you can get a clearance for a bye or the like but only for that one week? Or is it a bit like the ammo's "ethos" rule where they make it up as they go along...

If there is such a rule, why do you need a 'clearance' as such? Can't it just be the same as the VFL standard and players are "released" and free to play wherever they wanted (I know with VFL they list their club they get released to) for that 1 week?

I feel like jascave...

I have to disagree. There is a clear hierarchy in football from national (AFL) to state (AFL, SAFL, WAFL, QAFL) to local (metro, regional leagues etc). Players should be able to move between state and local as Flaherty did for OEG last year and as many players do week to week, but moving between two local leagues just doesn’t seem right. Give a bloke a chance to play at the highest level but the player has to make a choice on their ‘home’ club. It’s got nothing to do with money.

Plus your relying on the club you transferred too to clear you back to your original club.

Some administrators in other leagues will go to any lengths to get a certain player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back