A Section A Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Big Cat is one over-rated player, he is lucky to get a game in my eyes. The guy has talent dont get me wrong, but maybe if he kept his mind on the field he might do better, instead of chasing skirt on a Friday night

Kool Kat

You are a muppet. Clearly not much clue when it comes to the amateur game.

Well done Big Cat in kicking 5 in a losing side.

Kool Kat

You are a muppet. Clearly not much clue when it comes to the amateur game.

Well done Big Cat in kicking 5 in a losing side.

Kudos to the Big Cat.

I heard the "bookend" in David Beardsley (the man with the lowest skinfolds in the VAFA) was knocked out during the game whilst Richie Burrows tore a pectoral muscle as well. That'll require a bigger team of surgeons than the ones who separated those siamese twins on Grey's Anatomy last night (I know sad - what married life can do to a man).

Opportunities aplenty for OTs, who will click once the young fellas find their feet. Looking at the ladder early, I think it could be the first time in living memory that a premiership side ends up getting relegated the next year!!

PS - Kool Kat, you make Kermit, Miss Piggy, Scooter and Dr Bunsen Honeydoo look 2nd rate.

Round 2 Results
Holding - 1 winners
Brianspeaking - 3
Chelsworthgale - 5
Manni & Ken - 1 (away teams)
Slay Master G - 3
Penski - 3
Joe Dirt - 4
OC37 - 4

Ladder after Round 2
Chelsworthgale - 2+5=7
Slay Master G - 4+3=7
Brianspeaking - 3+3=6
Joe Dirt - 2+4=6
OC37 - 2+4=6
Penski - 2+3=5
Holding - 3+1=4
Manni & Ken - 2+1=3

Note: Joe Dirt and OC37 got away teams for round 1 (2 winners)

And bloody Scotch (althought i did think they were a massive chance against OB for some reason)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get off the turps Big Cat. KoolKat told me you turned up half cut from a night at the Albion and refused to drop loose in the backline resulting in an 11-1 goal first quarter.

exactly right Mr. Wonderful...the big cat needs to take his football more seriously instead of continuing his womanising ways at the albion on friday nights with Arthur and Rocky

Kudos to the Big Cat.

I heard the "bookend" in David Beardsley (the man with the lowest skinfolds in the VAFA) was knocked out during the game whilst Richie Burrows tore a pectoral muscle as well. That'll require a bigger team of surgeons than the ones who separated those siamese twins on Grey's Anatomy last night (I know sad - what married life can do to a man).

Opportunities aplenty for OTs, who will click once the young fellas find their feet. Looking at the ladder early, I think it could be the first time in living memory that a premiership side ends up getting relegated the next year!!

PS - Kool Kat, you make Kermit, Miss Piggy, Scooter and Dr Bunsen Honeydoo look 2nd rate.

I always said he was a good player, with a few players leaving he needs to stand up!!! Looks like he did on the weekend, but its still early on in the season, lets hope he continues his good form

Looking to generate some discussion here

1} Anyone care to offer an early prediction on the grand final result.

2} Anyone seen any major stengths or weaknesses appear in certain teams from players lost or gained?

3} Which coaches are 'under the pump' in 2007?

4} Early selections for the Woodrow?

If anyone is interested, my answers are...

1} Prepared to stick with my pre season selection of Xavs and DLS to play off in the big one. Can't remember which one I chose as the winner, but I think it's ominous (and concerning for the rest) how well OX have gone early. Notorious in the last few years for starting a bit slowly and coming good towards the end, the appear to have already reached that level. DLS had a slip up in round 1, but they'll be hard to beat in every home game and still have a number of their best out. However come that one day in September, I'll predict now, Xavs at the -60.5 line.

2} May be wrong, but UB look very suspect down back, little bit short and just some average players back there. Bernards new ruckman looks alright but they don't appear to have a backup. Handley has a touch of experience on his side now and is only going to get better and better. Scary!

3} (Keep in mind this is purely a results perspective, I don't know the individual relationships each coach has with their clubs)
- Phil Gaut (OT) - I just can't see them winning many games, which pours pressure on a coach.
- John Canis (UB) - The club may see that their 'premiership clock' reads 2.15, and he needs to convince them he can build a top rate team within 2 years. As we know in Ammos, there is no 'bottoming out' for draft picks that all these AFL teams crap on about these days. Canis may be looking for a new challenge himself after doing a super job with a formerly 'there but not there' club.
- Simon Madden (STB) - Horribly inconsistent in '05 and '06 as well as round 1&2 this year. Last year beat every team bar one (including all finalists) but only beat 1 team twice and finished down the track again. Has put a good list together, but it needs to deliver. The club has former GF coach Foulds in as an assistant, is this a sign of their direction???
- Andrew Kenneally (Coll) - This may seem odd for last years B premier, but this club seems to have enormous expectations of themselves, where does the finger point if things don't go the way they forsee??

4} A bit left field, but I think Handley may kick too many goals and demand too many votes...

Feel free to rebut

JD

2} Anyone seen any major stengths or weaknesses appear in certain teams from players lost or gained?

1} Prepared to stick with my pre season selection of Xavs and DLS to play off in the big one. Can't remember which one I chose as the winner, but I think it's ominous (and concerning for the rest) how well OX have gone early. Notorious in the last few years for starting a bit slowly and coming good towards the end, the appear to have already reached that level. DLS had a slip up in round 1, but they'll be hard to beat in every home game and still have a number of their best out. However come that one day in September, I'll predict now, Xavs at the -60.5 line.

2} May be wrong, but UB look very suspect down back, little bit short and just some average players back there. Bernards new ruckman looks alright but they don't appear to have a backup. Handley has a touch of experience on his side now and is only going to get better and better. Scary!

3} (Keep in mind this is purely a results perspective, I don't know the individual relationships each coach has with their clubs)
- Phil Gaut (OT) - I just can't see them winning many games, which pours pressure on a coach.
- John Canis (UB) - The club may see that their 'premiership clock' reads 2.15, and he needs to convince them he can build a top rate team within 2 years. As we know in Ammos, there is no 'bottoming out' for draft picks that all these AFL teams crap on about these days. Canis may be looking for a new challenge himself after doing a super job with a formerly 'there but not there' club.
- Simon Madden (STB) - Horribly inconsistent in '05 and '06 as well as round 1&2 this year. Last year beat every team bar one (including all finalists) but only beat 1 team twice and finished down the track again. Has put a good list together, but it needs to deliver. The club has former GF coach Foulds in as an assistant, is this a sign of their direction???
- Andrew Kenneally (Coll) - This may seem odd for last years B premier, but this club seems to have enormous expectations of themselves, where does the finger point if things don't go the way they forsee??

4} A bit left field, but I think Handley may kick too many goals and demand too many votes...

Feel free to rebut

JD
Who cares, go to the B Section thread.

Feel free to rebut

JD

Agree with Xavs. Seen them this year and they look great. Lynch, Handley, Bye, Graham, McCarthy are handy big guys. Arnold, Ockleshaw, Fleming, Chatfield, Scanlon, Clarke, Colbert, Johnston, Bingham are guns. Then there is another 20 odd very good players.

Feel free to rebut

JD

very early GF prediction: Blues v Brighton with xavs being the prelim loser.

big game down at the beach with brighton hosting xavs..

should be a good indication for brighton to see where they are at against the best..

thoughts on the result anyone?

its an ominous home ground advantage down by the beach. Will the small, windy ground be hard for xavs to adapt or are they good no matter what ground they play on?

big game down at the beach with brighton hosting xavs..

should be a good indication for brighton to see where they are at against the best..

thoughts on the result anyone?

its an ominous home ground advantage down by the beach. Will the small, windy ground be hard for xavs to adapt or are they good no matter what ground they play on?

Xav's by 8 goals

OB are a handy side and will def be playing A Grade next year but Xav's will be way to strong for them i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back