A Section A Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's still a bit early to make finals predictions in A Section, but here's how I see the ladder as it stands after Round 18:

Old Xaverians
Collegians
Uni Blues
Old Brighton

De La Salle
St Bernards
Old Trinity
Old Ivanhoe
Old Haileybury
Old Scotch

i think OT will be down with OH this year
OB look like a fair side and OX are always always there. UB look like they've covered their losses well and will only get better as they play more footy together. The rest is a raffle although OS could be rubbish (haven't seen them yet). That leaves STB, DLS, OC and OI fighting for the last remaining finals spot

I see it as

OX
OB
UB
STB
DLS
OC
OI
OS
OT
OH

I have seen 2 or 3 OS games and they are certainly very frustrating to watch, They have been leading at half time in all the games and at 3 quater time during most games but can't finish it off

I have also seen a number of OI games and i certainly don't think they will be looking at the drop, they have the potential to slaughter teams, not having butler atm would hurt them a lot as well

OT are hard to judge only seen them once and they looked alright, have not seen Bernards or De La yet

As long as Collegians can keep a fit team on the park, they will finish between 3-6. I have seen them in a few games this year.

OT have also looked better than what their ladder position has them.

OH to make the drop, but don't know who else. Have not seen OS play this year so can't comment on their form.

when was the last time a team won an A-grade flag and then dropped to B-grade the following year?

I think somebody mentioned it last year on this forum that OH were vulnerable due to a 'rubbish' two's team... spot on i think. Depth is a must to be successful in A-grade

Here's the problem with Scotch. Too many Dick's, but no balls.

1 A. Nettleton
2 T. Aurel-Smith
3 A.Gray
4 C. Tallent
5 S. Dick
6 S. Graham
7 N. Leitl
8 J. Barton
9 A. Pugsley
10 S. Lorenzini
11 N. Allen
12 A. Quail
13 A. Tummel
14 A. Houlihan
15 M. Parisi
16 A.Walsh
17 T. Leeds
18 W. Lewis
19 A. Sutherland
20 S. Troon
21 A. Routledge
22 R. Ashton
23 W. Elliott
24 J. Davis
25 P. Butler
26 N. Hildebrandt
27 B. Goodfellow
28 T. Widmer
29 S. Angus
30 S. Bradley
31 L. Armstrong
32 J. Gerstman
33 G. Dick
34 D. Barbalatt
35 M. Flynn
36 H. Dick
37 J. Cade
38 T. Jelbart
39 L. Thompson​

Here's the problem with Scotch. Too many Dick's, but no balls.

1 A. Nettleton
2 T. Aurel-Smith
3 A.Gray
4 C. Tallent
5 S. Dick
6 S. Graham
7 N. Leitl
8 J. Barton
9 A. Pugsley
10 S. Lorenzini
11 N. Allen
12 A. Quail
13 A. Tummel
14 A. Houlihan
15 M. Parisi
16 A.Walsh
17 T. Leeds
18 W. Lewis
19 A. Sutherland
20 S. Troon
21 A. Routledge
22 R. Ashton
23 W. Elliott
24 J. Davis
25 P. Butler
26 N. Hildebrandt
27 B. Goodfellow
28 T. Widmer
29 S. Angus
30 S. Bradley
31 L. Armstrong
32 J. Gerstman
33 G. Dick
34 D. Barbalatt
35 M. Flynn
36 H. Dick
37 J. Cade
38 T. Jelbart
39 L. Thompson​

That's gold! :D

Very good! Surely OS will rally? OH obviously gone but the next to drop will be intriguing. I'm tipping OT. Bout time they went and did their penance! Have been taking up someones spot for too long. I think Old Essendon would be a better suit for A grade.

My tip for the A Section Grand Final match-up: Old Xaverians v University Blues, with Uni Blues defeating Old Xaverians, and in doing so putting the nightmare of the 1995 A Section Grand Final behind them forever, when Old Xavs won by 10+ goals, after restricting Uni Blues to just 1 goal for the whole game.

Yes, they do struggle with Preliminary Finals do the men from Old Essendon.

Old Scotch traditionally start well then finish off slowly. They would want to hope it's the other way around this year. In their defence, they've played most of the good teams already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes dermie that is correct! They have a bit of the old choke capability. They are headed in the right direction though. Building up rather than coming to an end like Marcellin and Scotch and Trinity and OH. Xavs are yet to hit top gear (on purpose).

HAHA very good Human Keg!!

Don't forget to put your tips in lads

Mine for this week

Old Brighton
Old Ivanhoe
Bernards
Xav's
De La

Good luck to everyone playing this week

you ripper collegians on top of the ladder after pipping old brighton and xavs got done by uni blues.
GO collegians!!!!

Sensational game. Especially with the lead changes in the last qtr.

Collegians may have a bit of a mental hold over OB, who just can't ever seem to get over the line against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back