A Section A Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MurphysLaw said:
Plumber- I grew up playing St. Albans, Sunshine, Hoppers, Werribee, Spotswood, Yarraville, West Footscray etc in the FDFL jnrs.... We got abused for being "schoolboys", "catholic f&*ggots" etc. I know lots of the blokes from those days and they are all good blokes. A couple of weeks ago against De La I/we were called the "scum of the competition". There are a few teams which I would have no qualms about having a beer with after the game. I am tipping your team (whoever that may be) is not one of them.
Funny how things can change..... food for thought.

I'd agree with you that being called "scum" by De La would be a difficult pill to swallow. I would think that Bernards could by and sell De La ten times over, irrelevant as it may be.

I didn't realise how contentious remarks regrding the "wrong side of the yarra" would become.

Let's get back to the footy shall we?

Round 18 is upon us and some fascintaing permutations are out there this week.

OH (12/5) -v- Bernies at Badlands
OX (11/6) -v- OT at EP
Uni (11/6) -v- DLS at Dairy Bell
OS (11/6) -v- Marc at Camberwell

DLS (10/7) -v- Uni at DB

The only side that can drop out now is Scotch due to their percentage.
Means Uni must lose to DLS but, frankly, I can't see them wanting to face DLS in a 1st semi if they did drop this game. Would much prefer to win and then face Old Scotch.

4th and 5th is the only significant change I can see. Trinity will give it a crack at EP, and they do have the wood on OX, but the combination of Xavs and September will be tough to toss!!

Even if Haileybury lost to Bernies, they're safe in the top 2.

The Human Keg said:
It also turns frothy and gets blown away.

the human keg, the ammos is soft mate, u cant drink whilst u watch a game, u cant do crap all, its pretty weak, thats why the diamond valley get the best crowds and good as atmosphere so soft c's who run around the paddock gettin the easy pill

dv07 said:
the human keg, the ammos is soft mate, u cant drink whilst u watch a game, u cant do crap all, its pretty weak, thats why the diamond valley get the best crowds and good as atmosphere so soft c's who run around the paddock gettin the easy pill

played both DV and I can tell you VAFA beats DVFL hands down. If you want to play your cheap shot, punch up every 30 seconds crap go ahead I'd rather play a brand of football that mimics the AFL. In the VAFA you get a taste of what it would be like to play AFL, the speed the skill and endurance. In the DVFL you gotta watch your back for the nut case with a criminal records waiting to belt you into a coma. Have fun with that, i'd rather lose brain cells sky diving than having my head punched in by some gutless wonder when im not looking.

chelsworthgale said:
played both DV and I can tell you VAFA beats DVFL hands down. If you want to play your cheap shot, punch up every 30 seconds crap go ahead I'd rather play a brand of football that mimics the AFL. In the VAFA you get a taste of what it would be like to play AFL, the speed the skill and endurance. In the DVFL you gotta watch your back for the nut case with a criminal records waiting to belt you into a coma. Have fun with that, i'd rather lose brain cells sky diving than having my head punched in by some gutless wonder when im not looking.

NA man you can't drink at the games so it's soft! didn't you read his post?

If you can't go from 2.00-4.30 without a beer you need help, in regards to the standard of footy you only need to look at a few guy's who were OK Ammo players that are now killing it in the DV.

holding said:
NA man you can't drink at the games so it's soft! didn't you read his post?

If you can't go from 2.00-4.30 without a beer you need help, in regards to the standard of footy you only need to look at a few guy's who were OK Ammo players that are now killing it in the DV.

DV

we've had this argument before, get the chip off your shoulder buddy, being tough has nothing to do with hitting blokes while they're not looking or having 1000 ferals sinking grog on their car bonnet acting like ******s. Get back to your fibro housing commission palace and please keep out of our forums.

BMOF

Strong rumour out of Headquarters on Saturday is that Andy Cultrera is off to Brunswick St oval to be part of the Reds coaching panel

With the end of the season upon us, who will win your clubs B&F????

I'll go out on a limb and tip Josh Madden @ St Bernards.

Benny MOF said:
DV

we've had this argument before, get the chip off your shoulder buddy, being tough has nothing to do with hitting blokes while they're not looking or having 1000 ferals sinking grog on their car bonnet acting like ******s. Get back to your fibro housing commission palace and please keep out of our forums.

BMOF

I was actually standing up for Ammo's BMOF, read the post again.

Snoozer said:
With the end of the season upon us, who will win your clubs B&F????

I'll go out on a limb and tip Josh Madden @ St Bernards.
I'm not from Xavs however, Sam Johnson would have to go close? He has had a ripper year..... He often gets under opposition guards as he hasn't the reputation, but a quality player all the same....

You amaze me! said:
I'm not from Xavs however, Sam Johnson would have to go close? He has had a ripper year..... He often gets under opposition guards as he hasn't the reputation, but a quality player all the same....

Geilings from OI

I meant Geilings for OI B & F

(Log in to remove this ad.)

holding said:
I was actually standing up for Ammo's BMOF, read the post again.

Holding

If you read my post again, you will find that it is addressed to "DV" and not yourself, I'm on your side.

chelsworthgale said:
If De La had won on the weekend scotch would of been 5th with poor percentage. But didnt happen.

But here is an interesting scenario:

OH vs ST B - StB won last time.
OX vs OT - OT won last time
OS vs Mar - Scoth won but only by 16 points
UB vs De La - UB smashed De La last time.

Should the results go the same again (with out major changing in percentage) the ladder will finish like this:

OH
UB
OS
OX

With week one of the finals seeing an A grade power house dismissed! Thoughts?

Would Scotch bother turning up if they had to play Xavs in another final? They'd be feeling tight around the collar just thinking about the prospect wouldn't they?

Considering the Scotch clean out last year... Do you think they have exceeded their pre season expectations ? I think they will be right up there for the next couple of years.

Also I'm tipping DLS will be a force next year. There under 19's and reserves seem to be travelling quite well...

You amaze me! said:
Considering the Scotch clean out last year... Do you think they have exceeded their pre season expectations ? I think they will be right up there for the next couple of years.

Also I'm tipping DLS will be a force next year. There under 19's and reserves seem to be travelling quite well...

Yea i would have to agree, OS are a very young side and i reckon after loosing 9 of their starting 18 players from 2005 they would be reasonably happy with the year they have had. De La will be a good side in 07 as will Bernards, It's the older sides like OH and i guess OX (to some degree) that might find it hard in 2-3 years.

Benny MOF - Sorry mate i only just saw that :thumbsu:

Success attracts success. OX U/19s and reserves are travelling well... They will be in A grade for yrs to come. They also have a huge network and have an uncanny ability to secure the services of ex state league and AFL players. OH will be as well especially if the school keeps offering the best footballers/athletes scolarships!

In regards to futures of some big-name clubs, this is the u-19 div1 ladder with the first week of finals ahead:

Team W-L for -against pts %
Xavs 17-1 2380-718 68 331.48
De La 17-1 1911-708 68 269.92
Uni 13-5 1379-1046 52 131.84
Bernards 10-8 1601-1426 40 112.27
Rupo 10-8 1379-1465 40 94.13
Marcellin 7-11 1290-1515 28 85.15
OS 6-12 1226-1704 24 71.95
SKOBS 4-14 1113-1679 16 66.29
Coll 3-15 984-1937 12 50.80
Banyule 3-15 849-2024 12 41.95

Xavs and the bellers have beaten each other once and are, seemingly, miles ahead of the others. They each also have another team in div red/blue, both playing finals as well.
makes for some interesting reading, if nothing else.

That's nice. I read it, and it wasn't particularly interesting from an A Grade viewpoint. As for U19 (1) - it certainly has maximum relevance.

:D

Scribe said:
That's nice. I read it, and it wasn't particularly interesting from an A Grade viewpoint. As for U19 (1) - it certainly has maximum relevance.

:D

Add to the fact that

OM 2nd Division 2 (Help them rise from the deep)
OI 3rd Division 3 (Help against an ageing list)
OH Top Division Red (Help Ressies next year if they hang around)
OT Last Division 2 (Will be of real concern, as ressies have fallen away after strong 1 st of season).

Better to look within than look outside.

Max Leader said:
Add to the fact that

OM 2nd Division 2 (Help them rise from the deep)
OI 3rd Division 3 (Help against an ageing list)
OH Top Division Red (Help Ressies next year if they hang around)
OT Last Division 2 (Will be of real concern, as ressies have fallen away after strong 1 st of season).

Better to look within than look outside.

Max - Agreed. However, I was more referring to the immediate issue of this week, rather than 2007 and onwards. However, I take your point.

I'm not doubting that you look after your own backyard first before casting the net out to see who else could come into the club.

Trinity are looking to run a few U19s in their sides this weekend too, just to give them a sniff of where/how they should be playing their footy next year. Given we're playing Xavs, it will be a good test of some of their mettle, and show them how hard A grade players work.

I would expect Marcellin to be doing the same (if they haven't already done so). The other sides not in the mix for the four (OI, OMs and St Bernies) all have finals to play for in their respective U19s divisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back