A Section A Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
linger_isgod said:
Your average troll probably thinks it is worth it when he gets essays in reply both times :p

(No matter how well argued :) )

Fair point!! Gotta get some professional help for that 'verbosity' problem.

Thanks for the tip! ;)

Scribe said:
Fear not Where's Mokbel - I'm here, but obviously you beat me to it. I'm blushing. My girlfriend will be delighted you think she's that flash. :p

Seriously though - I have been following the recent trend of this thread and, if I took seriously what dv07 was saying, then I'd probably back him up.

However, I disagree with most of his points...whilst the influx of several 16 to 18 year olds may be of great assistance in the long term, the immediate impact will not be sufficient, alone, to enable Trinity to challenge for a premiership in 2007. Most of the improvement has to come from within, and finished off with a bit of top-end recruiting.

Suffice to say, I think dv07's a little off the mark. Mind you holding's opinions are simply that as well, opinions, to which we're all entitled.
Let's face it - the results and ladder positions don't lie. Fortunately, our midseason streak of 6 wins was enough to keep us in the top flight. During that time we chalked up some good wins, which is promising. However, we're under no illusions that we've got plenty of work to do in the next 8 months - starting with this weekend against OMs.

FYI - our current club legend is actually Andrew Ramsden. Best bloke is clearly David Beardsley. I took the only other role available.

:thumbsu:

Scribe

PS - I have never seen a Xavs side that wasn't hard, that's why they're consistently in the top 2, and keep winning flags.

Another busy day in chambers Frase?

Alright Scribe my old buddy i'll leave you alone - you seem to have gotten the message anyway... Your opinions are fine enough - it's just that i can't stand having to wade through your resume to hear them each time.

Ps. Having a crack at people will always be fun, especially, as cameron ling's friend put beautifully, when they write hilarious thesis length replies in their defense.

Where's Mokbel? said:
Alright Scribe my old buddy i'll leave you alone - you seem to have gotten the message anyway... Your opinions are fine enough - it's just that i can't stand having to wade through your resume to hear them each time.

Ps. Having a crack at people will always be fun, especially, as cameron ling's friend put beautifully, when they write hilarious thesis length replies in their defense.

Gotcha - point taken. Hatchet buried.

:cool:

MurphysLaw said:
Scribe, dont capitulate that easily....was thoroughly enjoying that

Sorry Murph - sometimes it's good to remember it's not about me, it's about you, and you and you and you.....and all of you.

Back to more interesting matters, and with the Woodrow approaching, recent word from HQ has Cultrera (OT) as being in the mix. However, stiff competition must come from Rayson (De La), Madden (St Bernards), Hopwood (OH) and Paterson (Uni). They'd be my top 5, with OX, OI and OS too even in their output to throw up one single candidate.

Most of you would have already figured this out but some may not know that when you are looking at the VAFA website you can check individual player stats. With the information provided there I think that the four Woodrow favourites come from two clubs, Hopwood (OH) 13 times in the best, Jenke (OH) 10 times in the best, Gleeson (UB) 10 times in best, Paterson (UB) 10 times in best. Obviously it depends on how good those games were, whether they steal too many votes off each other and whether the umpires that had them know what a good game is, which is very questionable. With that said I think that the winner will come from those four.

For those who like smokeys Cultrera has kicked a truckload of goals and OT have won 7 games and St Bernies have won 8 and Jash Madden goes OK, even though he is a bit of a sook (umps seem to like him too).

Petrov said:
Most of you would have already figured this out but some may not know that when you are looking at the VAFA website you can check individual player stats. With the information provided there I think that the four Woodrow favourites come from two clubs, Hopwood (OH) 13 times in the best, Jenke (OH) 10 times in the best, Gleeson (UB) 10 times in best, Paterson (UB) 10 times in best. Obviously it depends on how good those games were, whether they steal too many votes off each other and whether the umpires that had them know what a good game is, which is very questionable. With that said I think that the winner will come from those four.

For those who like smokeys Cultrera has kicked a truckload of goals and OT have won 7 games and St Bernies have won 8 and Jash Madden goes OK, even though he is a bit of a sook (umps seem to like him too).

Based on that theory you have Thompson (OI) on 8 and Geilings (OI) on 7... but smokey from OI would have to be Curatolo... last one off the bottom of nearly every pack, clearly in the view of the umpires all the time then!.... big fella too, prone to catch the eye! ;)

chelsworthgale said:
Based on that theory you have Thompson (OI) on 8 and Geilings (OI) on 7... but smokey from OI would have to be Curatolo... last one off the bottom of nearly every pack, clearly in the view of the umpires all the time then!.... big fella too, prone to catch the eye! ;)
Shut up chelsworth, stop blowing the guys from your own club, none of them are going to win. It's Rayson for mine...

Ralph Wiggam said:
Shut up chelsworth, stop blowing the guys from your own club, none of them are going to win. It's Rayson for mine...

Civilised converstation here in A Grade Ralph... back to your B Grade thread and all your talking up of OE... another wasted year for them, the welcome rug is already out for Collegians and Old Brighton in 2007, you have no place here!

chelsworthgale said:
Civilised converstation here in A Grade Ralph... back to your B Grade thread and all your talking up of OE... another wasted year for them, the welcome rug is already out for Collegians and Old Brighton in 2007, you have no place here!
aaaaahhhhhhh, not sure if u know how these forums work young fella but they're wats known as "open forums". This means that anyone can say anything (within reason) they want on any thread, which is y no1 can stop u from posting ur boring crap on here! That's the way it is champ, n like they say in the big boys - if u dont like it, **** off!!

Ralph out

P.S. i think if u take a quick look at our posting history, ule see quite clearly that its u who spends his time sucking cum out of the d i c ks of OI blokes, so lets prctice wat u preach ey...
P.P.S. OEG has some bigname players to come back in the next 1-2, so dont write them off just yet.

Ralph Wiggam said:
aaaaahhhhhhh, not sure if u know how these forums work young fella but they're wats known as "open forums". This means that anyone can say anything (within reason) they want on any thread, which is y no1 can stop u from posting ur boring crap on here! That's the way it is champ, n like they say in the big boys - if u dont like it, **** off!!

Ralph out

P.S. i think if u take a quick look at our posting history, ule see quite clearly that its u who spends his time sucking cum out of the d i c ks of OI blokes, so lets prctice wat u preach ey...
P.P.S. OEG has some bigname players to come back in the next 1-2, so dont write them off just yet.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. OE are a bunch of selfish pretenders who belong in B grade. I get great joy out of watching them mouth off all year (at opposition and at each other) and then roll over towards the end when the serious stuff starts. Having said that, i would love nothing more than to see them in A grade next year - every team needs a rag doll to throw around.

goodstory said:
I've said it before and i'll say it again. OE are a bunch of selfish pretenders who belong in B grade. I get great joy out of watching them mouth off all year (at opposition and at each other) and then roll over towards the end when the serious stuff starts. Having said that, i would love nothing more than to see them in A grade next year - every team needs a rag doll to throw around.
Bit rough?? Perhaps thats been the case in the past but there are alot of new faces down at footy hill this year, and i think they shouldn't be underestimated come finals time (nor should blacks or brighton for that matter).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ralph Wiggam said:
Bit rough?? Perhaps thats been the case in the past but there are alot of new faces down at footy hill this year, and i think they shouldn't be underestimated come finals time (nor should blacks or brighton for that matter).

I'm certain I speak for everyone in A-Grade saying that one trip to the wrong side of the Yarra a year is more than enough. If only Bernies had of gone down!

Plumber said:
I'm certain I speak for everyone in A-Grade saying that one trip to the wrong side of the Yarra a year is more than enough. If only Bernies had of gone down!

I understand your sentiment Plumber, but you might want to get out the Melways and refresh yourself on the actual course of the Yarra. I think you'll find that there are a couple of other clubs currently in A-Grade on that side of the river.

Bell Ringer said:
I understand your sentiment Plumber, but you might want to get out the Melways and refresh yourself on the actual course of the Yarra. I think you'll find that there are a couple of other clubs currently in A-Grade on that side of the river.

Ok, I'll re-phrase.

Areas too close to Ascot Vale.

Plumber said:
Ok, I'll re-phrase.

Areas too close to Ascot Vale.
Not happy with the western suburbs Plumber?? They are people too, u know!

Oh, and i agree with Ralph, chelsworth sounds like a tool!!!!!!

Big Sexy said:
Not happy with the western suburbs Plumber?? They are people too, u know!

Just stirring the pot a little. My favourite dealers & car thieves come from the west.

Ralph Wiggam said:

following your last two posts I take it all the OE players are all walking around shriveled up ball sacks after your gallant effort of emptying each and every "tank"

Plumber said:

Plumber if you can't handle a trip to Bernards you're soft, you won't win a premiership if you can't win out there. They've been in A Grade longer than anyone (came up same year as Xavs) and won't be going down in a hurry. You've got the grammar skills of car thief yourself, and your geography is no good either mate, half of A Grade is on the 'wrong side' you deadsh*t.

Will Bounce said:
Plumber if you can't handle a trip to Bernards you're soft, you won't win a premiership if you can't win out there. They've been in A Grade longer than anyone (came up same year as Xavs) and won't be going down in a hurry. You've got the grammar skills of car thief yourself, and your geography is no good either mate, half of A Grade is on the 'wrong side' you deadsh*t.

You might want to check when Old Scotch was last in B Grade.

I also think you might find Plumber's club of choice came up the same year as you and have performed pretty well since they returned. They've won plenty of cups even in years when they haven't left the Pit with the points.

The "wrong side of the Yarra" has traditionally been used to refer to the North and West suburbs as opposed to the more affluent South and East. We all know the most affluent northerners sent their kids to Bernies anyhow!!!

No need to arch up so easily WB.

chelsworthgale said:
following your last two posts I take it all the OE players are all walking around shriveled up ball sacks after your gallant effort of emptying each and every "tank"
Wat an extremely funny post, u must have the intelect of a cabbage...pls check B-Grade thread for my reply

Plumber said:

A plumber and a snob???

"It's quite an anomoly"

Will Bounce said:

Chip on your shoulder Will? It might be the peroxide from your blonde rat-tail seeping into your brain.

I have to say beer on tap at the pit is a huge plus though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back