A, so far, outstanding Trade period.

Remove this Banner Ad

How i see it -youve won on the Dawes deal and lost on the Wellingham trade.

Dawes -ive never seen a bloke drop as many chest marks as him -Lynch although older is clearly a better player and a far stronger mark -so your early pick for Dawes -and with Lynch coming in -a clear winner

But with Wellingham -i would have thought most Collingwood supporters would be bitterly dissappointed to lose him -and West Coast would be rapped to get him . Like if your recruiting a top line player -Wellingham ticks all the boxes -what is he about 24 or 25 played 90 odd games -a premiership player -a classy player who can play on ball or forward -but most importantly hes basically at the perfect age

It will basically come down to how well Collingwood use those 2 early picks. Richmond got 2 1st round picks for Brad Ottens -and picked 2 blokes they subsequently delisted

Personally i think wellingham is a bit overrated and pick 17 makes the deal equal for both parties. Wellingham is flashy, but over a full game he has an average impact. He isn't a great forward and normally only chips in for a goal against teams low on the ladder (brisbane melbourne gc bulldogs port adelaide). His disposal is okay but he can make some poor decisions. Going back with the flight he always drops balls too.

Im probably making him sound like he is far worse than he is, he has plently of good attributes including pace agility, good at finding the footy and good in congestion. He is not worth a top 15 pick, but anything over 20 would be a rip off. Im happy with 17.

Would Pies fans be willing to trade one of their first round picks for Luke Parker?

Not sure he is even available but a first rounder for Parker would give the Swans 2 picks to secure Tippett?

Parker a very good player IMHO, very good size, tough and most importantly - ready to go. Still give the pies 2 picks for untried youngsters whilst getting a semi proven youngster.

Would Pies fans be willing to trade one of their first round picks for Luke Parker?

Not sure he is even available but a first rounder for Parker would give the Swans 2 picks to secure Tippett?

Parker a very good player IMHO, very good size, tough and most importantly - ready to go. Still give the pies 2 picks for untried youngsters whilst getting a semi proven youngster.
would rather rohan if he passes a fitness test with that ankle

If we have a Enouugh Room in the Cap then if be worth thinking about

If we simply look at it as:

In: Lynch, Young
Out: Dawes, Wellingham

...then I would say it is about a break-even.

However, when you take into account we got very good compensation for Dawes and Wellingham, and now have 3 back to back picks in the first round...then it is clearly a big win for the club.

We have no doubt won in trade period...however the victory will only be materialised if we draft well.

It is the equivalent in tennis when you break serve....the break is only capitilised when you hold your following service game. Otherwise the game goes back to level. If we draft poorly, then the trading counts for very little as we ultimately lost two very young premiership players for older premiership players.

However, when you take into account we got very good compensation for Dawes and Wellingham, and now have 3 back to back picks in the first round...then it is clearly a big win for the club.

We have no doubt won in trade period...however the victory will only be materialised if we draft well.

It is the equivalent in tennis when you break serve....the break is only capitilised when you hold your following service game. Otherwise the game goes back to level. If we draft poorly, then the trading counts for very little as we ultimately lost two very young premiership players for older premiership players.

It's a fair point, as even with outstanding recruiting, it is still an inexact science, although these days it's probably a bit easier to predict given all the junior games watched and testing/interviewing done.
I guess it becomes even easier once players have been on AFL lists for a few years, so perhaps trading with the Suns and Giants over the next few seasons will be a popular pastime.

Well if you did not count the 1st Rounder Break Even is a right or even a bit Behind. But with the 2 top 25 picks we got we easily win

I like Parker, but I don't think we'd do it because of our current midfield situation. Chances are he'd get a diminished role at the Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

A, so far, outstanding Trade period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back