A Sponsorship Announcement

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats amazing, both posted exact same time. Anyway... its great news.

Although I really don't care who sponsors us, anyone watching the cricket will see a lot of advertising for a red and white company (not England!!!).

The only other one I can think of is Target!

Although I really don't care who sponsors us, anyone watching the cricket will see a lot of advertising for a red and white company (not England!!!).

The only other one I can think of is Target!
I hope it's not Vodaphone. They sponsored English cricket for years when they were crapola. Now they're sponsoring Australia and we are crapola.

I hope it's not Vodaphone. They sponsored English cricket for years when they were crapola. Now they're sponsoring Australia and we are crapola.
Then it would be a good time to jump on us as we're about to come good.

What makes you say that? Got any inside info for us?

On Christmas day there were 6 of us at the table each with a Bon Bon and I shit you not 4 of us got Castrol keyrings inside..... relevant? nah, But still I thought it was weird.

I'm telling you guys now, it's Castrol.

listen anythings possible but in my long association with them they were

1 Motorsport crazy
2 those making the decisions and still are NSW centric, they;d barely know an aussie rules football if they tripped over one.

Having said all that, they have deep pockets and in more recent times they have drifted from Motorport with spend on world cup and ICC..so anythings possible , shit Id be suprised though

I would put my money on Kia Motors. Just sayin'.

And no i dont have any inside knowledge. But Kia are major supporters of sporting leagues and teams around the globe but dont seem to have any presence in the AFL marketplace but are active in the australian sport marketplace though the Australian Open tennis and think it would be a great fit although the Nissan shorts sponsorship obviously is an issue although there is no nissan sponsorship link on our website I can find.

I'm telling you guys now, it's Castrol.
Interesting you say this. I posted on PRE before Xmas that I thought the red training jumper and the Castrol edge logo looked similar in terms of color scheme and our friend Stig replied with a lips sealed smile. Now he could be just yanking my chain but you never know.

BTW, the reason I looked at Castrol as a possible sponsor is because of the day Lids and co went to do hot laps with Greg Murphy who just happens to be sponsored by Castrol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting you say this. I posted on PRE before Xmas that I thought the red training jumper and the Castrol edge logo looked similar in terms of color scheme and our friend Stig replied with a lips sealed smile. Now he could be just yanking my chain but you never know.

BTW, the reason I looked at Castrol as a possible sponsor is because of the day Lids and co went to do hot laps with Greg Murphy who just happens to be sponsored by Castrol.

Mate as was previously stated, company with deep pockets, would be a pretty decent size sponsorship i reckon if true. Go Tigers.

I had a good chat with the bloke selling gear at the Tiger Den (all my Christmas shopping in one hit), really good fella, he also happens to be one of the ones who designed the new jumpers. Reckons the red is because we needed a clash jumper for training and they chose red because it's already in our logo with the Tiger's tongue (smooth eh) + works with Coburg. Also, we chose to go with the red because the Hawks went with a totally different colour training jumper a year or two back and it actually outsold all the others jus for sheer uniqueness. He reckons we've already got loads of preorders from opposition supporters for the red jumper, these 'different' jumpers seem to attract opposition fans.

Also, new KooGa gear coming in late Feb to March. A lot of awesome sporty stuff with sporty fabrics as well as normal gear. He reckons the new fabrics are brilliant, dunno how many of you have tried the new jumpers (got one soon to be two on preorder) but they're already great, excited to see the other stuff.

I know right how dare we do as much work as possible to get the best possible sponsor.

The sponsors are all signed up and will be announced in Jan and if I'm not mistaken we were waiting until Feb/March last year to get the new Reebok/Dick Smith/Luxbet jumpers too even though those sponsors had been sponsoring us for a fair while.

The sponsors are all signed up and will be announced in Jan and if I'm not mistaken we were waiting until Feb/March last year to get the new Reebok/Dick Smith/Luxbet jumpers too even though those sponsors had been sponsoring us for a fair while.

Luxbet wasn't signed up until the last minute.
We have sponsors signed up but ultimately it is their decison when it gets announced, don't bite the hand that feeds you. Merchandise simply isn't ready since we have a new partner, its better to get it done right then to rush it and stuff it up like Melbourne has and have to replace them all.

Luxbet wasn't signed up until the last minute.
We have sponsors signed up but ultimately it is their decison when it gets announced, don't bite the hand that feeds you. Merchandise simply isn't ready since we have a new partner, its better to get it done right then to rush it and stuff it up like Melbourne has and have to replace them all.

I'm talking about this year season 2010, the Luxbet last minute thing was at the start of 2009.

This year (2010) even though Dick Smith and Luxbet had been with us for over a year, the jumpers werent ready until late Feb/March or even later actually. Blame Reebok for this and I hope it doesn't happen with KooGa at the start of 2012 after they have been with us for a year.

Anyway, the Kooga gear is available already for the dogs and lions and I understand that its a sponsorship thing as to why they are not available yet for us, but you wouldn't forgive them if it happens in their second year supplying us.

Reebok were constantly late with our guernseys.

Did you expect Reebok to halt production on their other clothing lines just so they could rush release a few thousand Richmond jumpers? Or perhaps you would have preferred to pay $100 for a Tigers jumper with the sponsors logo sewn on by hand rather than it be part of the jumper.

Did you expect Reebok to halt production on their other clothing lines just so they could rush release a few thousand Richmond jumpers? Or perhaps you would have preferred to pay $100 for a Tigers jumper with the sponsors logo sewn on by hand rather than it be part of the jumper.

What are you talking about, how come other clubs jumpers were available in December and Reebok were always ready in March?

Reeboks jumpers were always ready late even when we were in the middle of the Dick Smith/Luxbet deals. It wasn't a matter of there is no sponsor thats why they are late.

Even when we had sponsors, they would come out in Feb/March.

What I'm saying is, its forgivable for the new KooGa jumpers to come out late because they are a new apparel sponsor and also the major sponsors haven't been announced, but I'm hoping that this time next season the 2012 jumpers will be available at this time just like the other teams.

What are you talking about, how come other clubs jumpers were available in December and Reebok were always ready in March?

Reeboks jumpers were always ready late even when we were in the middle of the Dick Smith/Luxbet deals. It wasn't a matter of there is no sponsor thats why they are late.

Even when we had sponsors, they would come out in Feb/March.

What I'm saying is, its forgivable for the new KooGa jumpers to come out late because they are a new apparel sponsor and also the major sponsors haven't been announced, but I'm hoping that this time next season the 2012 jumpers will be available at this time just like the other teams.

Nearly every other club has long running sponsorship deals where things haven't had to change. On the other hand ours have been almost constantly changing over the past few seasons, so its only natural that our apparel is late coming out. As I said you can't expect a major company like Reebok to drop everything just so a few thousand Richmond jumpers can be made. KooGa on the other hand shouldn't have that sort of problem as I'd expect any new sponsorship deal will be signed for 2-3 years at least.

Does anyone really care what dates the new jumpers come out????

Seriously grow up and stop being so pedantic, there are other things in life more concerning then when a new jumper will be released.

Remove this Banner Ad

A Sponsorship Announcement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back