Delisted Aaron Cornelius (2008-2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah....not likely to get a highly rated KP forward from the draft in the near future - so we should treat every draft pick from 105 down as a possible source for another Chris Grant.

We were pleasantly surprised to pick up Cornelius with such a late pick and this type of circumstance may very well happen again in the next few years....in fact,with Retzlaff we may have already hit the nail on the head in such a manner....we'll see.

Agree fully, but in the two ressies practice games so far, he's spent 7 out of 8 quarters deep in defence (and doing quite well, I might add).

Going back to go forwards???

Good practice for a key forward prospect I reckon, and you never know when they might turn into a great CHB....

Good practice for a key forward prospect I reckon, and you never know when they might turn into a great CHB....

Forwards need a good defensive aspect of their game now days.....what's a better way of learning then playing in defense for a bit.

Forwards need a good defensive aspect of their game now days.....what's a better way of learning then playing in defense for a bit.

Ideally all forwards should do a stint down back. Then the buggers would learn to apply defensive forward pressure a bit more diligently.

I'm a massive fan of forward playing defence in the reserves and it has nothing to do with defensive pressure.

If a forward can undersatnd how a defender thinks and how they are trying to stop them I think that they can better counteract it.

True. And with our list now it might be the only way to get game time in the A grade. That's what happened agin the Saints last year, & look how that turned out. Win, Win for mine.

AFLQ Leading Goalkickers (after round 3)

14: Darren Ewing (NT Thunder)
12: Tim Notting (Labrador)

11: Aaron Cornelius (Lions)

10: Nathan Gilliland (Mt Gravatt)

A lazy six goals for Acorn. Hopefully we'll come into the side this week for Patfull.

I'd like to think that if Acorn comes it, it will be a reflection of his performances over the last month or so... not just for beating up on the lowly Western Magpies.

AFLQ

vs Aspley Hornets

While the Hornets had nailed just three of the first 10 shots in the difficult, blustery wind, Cornelius weighted a 45m set shot on an angle perfectly to break a 31-minute goal drought at the 16-minute mark of the term, then produced a freak effort nine minutes later.

Cornelius had four of his side’s six goals to halftime and finished with 6.1 in a gamebreaking performance. Robert Copeland moved onto Cornelius just before halftime and did an excellent job in the one-on-one duels in the second half, but Cornelius was still able to generate two more opportunities.

cornelius1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

now with staker playing back a bit i dont see why we dont bring in a-corn and play him on the half forward flank.

Has been on the emergency list so would come in I think. Our defenders are dropping like flys, so I think Staker will be back down there. Acorn showed some crumbing skills for a big man, good chance for our 3rd forward

Has been on the emergency list so would come in I think. Our defenders are dropping like flys, so I think Staker will be back down there. Acorn showed some crumbing skills for a big man, good chance for our 3rd forward

i hope so. only game ive seen him play was against the saints last year at etihad and he looked great. floated forward and kicked 2 goals and went back and outmuscled riewodlt a few times so he has the strength to play seniors plus im sure he's bulked up a bit since last year. great set of hands and reads the play really well was hoping to see him play a lot this year.

IMO his time has come. Has earn't a go, and would be a good fit for the team structurally. As he proved against the Saints can play both ends and give us some flexibility. With his natural ability, and another preseason under the belt, he should really compliment Brownvola.

Please give him a go in the forward line Vossy, have wanted to see him back in the senior side ever since he kicked those two against the Saints. We need more forward firepower, and even though he is a tall bloke, he can still crumb and kick those unexpected goals.

IMO his time has come. Has earn't a go, and would be a good fit for the team structurally. As he proved against the Saints can play both ends and give us some flexibility. With his natural ability, and another preseason under the belt, he should really compliment Brownvola.

Actually, I would be worried about being a bit top heavy. I think he could add something in attack, but with Fev/Brown/Acorn in the forward line I would be a little worried about our ability to stop the opposition running out of defence.

Actually, I would be worried about being a bit top heavy. I think he could add something in attack, but with Fev/Brown/Acorn in the forward line I would be a little worried about our ability to stop the opposition running out of defence.

we won our first four games with staker playing forward. cant do any worse imo...

we won our first four games with staker playing forward. cant do any worse imo...

I would have thought that athletically Cornelius is fair way off from Staker, and opponents will find it easier to run off him.

Would be great to see him get a game - in your first game, you kick 2 goals in half a game up forward, and then dropped? 1-6 over the last six weeks, surely this guy could be the answer?

A valid point Grim. I was looking more as an attacking move. No matter, with today's injury news, IMO, we have no option. Go with it. Roll the dice, I say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted Aaron Cornelius (2008-2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back